My pc is shit

im trying to play gta4 on my machine and i get lag
how to spot a bottleneck? i have a g5400, 16gb ram and rx580 on a 1080p display and since its an amd card i dont turn up the graphics but still get shit fps. the rx580 also idles at 53-55C which i don't get, like chill nigga lmao

do i need a better cpu, more ram or faster (read: nvidia) gpu? PFA

Attached: 1 (1).jpg (720x871, 81K)

Attached: 10793431.jpg (540x300, 43K)

what problem are you actually having? low fps?

I played GTA IV on a lower spec machine than that. Do you mean GTA V? Either way, your best bet is to play in 720p. Play around with the game settings also. Google performance tweaks for the game. Pro tip: You don't need more than 30 fps.

gta 4 is harder to run than gta 5
Turn down distance settings and vehicle density. The latter is 33 on consoles fyi
Your gpu is very powerful so you don't need to turn down graphical settings

Lel how? I got worse than yours in the old day q6600 and hd4850. Maybe because g5400 it's dual core? I remember benchmark e8400 complete shitted running this game because 2 cores.

not bait
not low throughout, but dips. sometimes it becomes unplayable, but in low-density areas (traffic or in the sea for example) its very fluid
first time i played this game i was on a Q9300 and HD4650, so i know this should be capable. problem is sometimes it drops below 30 especially if im in a shootout
will do, thanks for the 33 advice
i couldn't tell you bro, i don't know what's wrong with it hahah there's just so much dips

yes

>pentium
>how to spot a bottleneck
you just answered your own question

but nigga, isnt the g5400 pretty much the g4560 which youtubers shilled as the "gayming king"

why is this piece of shit failing to match the performance of a mid range gpu on a 1080p display on a 10 year old game?

Are you running win 10? From memory there was a patch to fix major framerate issues with modern windows past win 7 must sure its installed.

GTA4 was a horrible console port that run poorly even on the consoles, I believe the best way too run it was by using period correct hardware.

You need a life, less internet, and more of your pic relared.

GTA IV has a embarrassingly shitty PC port so get used to the low performance. I pretty much never managed to play it above 45 FPS, both in 2008 and 2019.

If idling at 51 degrees bothers you, it's because amd quiet 0% fan mode, and you can turn it off in the control centre

Can you take a screenshot of your gameplay with your CPU stats on screen? If it is 100% or near it then it is CPU

>gaming king
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH, you deserve every problem you get. Your gpu is fine, i'm running 580 8gb with i7 2600 non k and 8gb ram - almost constant 60fps in Gta V on max ultra details and long shadows and long distance and everything on max except msaa and reflection aa (4x, 2x)

GTA4 is a shit port and relies on having one ridiculously-powerful CPU core to work with. Your G5400 doesn't even come close. To run the game at max settings at 60fps with no drops you need a Skylake+ chip at around 5GHz.

>gaming king
for what budget? under $300? you could have bought used xeon chips instead

It might just be cheaper to buy a used 360 and a copy of IV than upgrading a part. It has a really rough pc port that can be unreasonably hard on single core

Never had this problem. Have you tried restarting your PC? I'd also buy more ram because 16 megabit is not much.

GTA4 runs like shit on every single machine

I'm guessing it's the CPU

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9ML1YvNTk5NTM5L29yaWdpbmFsL3dpdGNoZXItMjV4MTQtZnRvYS5wbmc=.jpg (711x457, 58K)