Explain why you are not making 200k in tech right now!

Attached: 1540779897599.jpg (944x978, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ERQ7RB9TZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>san fran
those people are living in poverty at that wage

Because I'm making 300k.

Because I'll rather make 100k, not pay out of my ass for housing and live outside of California.

Cause I am doing something else, similar in certain aspects... but 10000x more fun

I am a cis white male.

you'd still make more in california

I hate the thought of working in tech.
Tech itself is fun, but the employment environment is absolute dogshit.

Wow this makes me sad, i only make 21.50 an hour as an intern and i think a full time software development engineer II entry position makes 65-70k at the place i work. What value could a fresh hire possibly bring to these companies that they need to pay them that much?

i couldn't ever be that productive. it would be too much pressure if i did manage to trick them into hiring me

But I'd have to live in California

But you'd be in California

Currently making $165k at Microsoft in Redmond, WA. How much does that equal in SF? Do I need to try harder?

Around 200k I would say. Though barely any companies are in SF.

What's with LinkedIn?

Any competent web dev could spin up a whole site like that in under a few weeks

>CA
>CA
>CA

No thanks. I'd rather live modestly where I am now than force myself to move to California.

sandik is that you?

Because I'm a white man, and those salaries are in CA

They recruit from top 15 schools

There are plenty of white men at those companies. They also have offices outside of California.

Mostly because I can make 140k in Texas, save 80% of it because cost of living is negligible, and retire at 30 on interest, if I so choose.

Because nobody will hire me despite being competent with years of experience. Hiring managers and recruiters are scum who need to die.

Sounds like an attitude problem.

Practice your behaviorals, smiling, and being personable with strangers for a few hours at a time.

All those companies are useless garbage. Clearly we are currently in a bubble.

200k in California goes way farther than 140k in Texas. 30 is pretty old for retirement. Most Californian tech workers can retire after 5 years at 27.

Wrong you dumb faggot. Every interviewer to ever give me feedback has said I come across as highly professional. Some also add that I am passionate about my field and show initiative.

Yep. California was a mistake.

Do you think the work reflects the pay? In other words, is the work so challenging not many could do it and earn what you earn?

>goolag
They hire only java pajeets and golang trannies.

>earn $250,000 in Silicon Valley
>forced to live like this because your wage still won't buy you a house

Attached: 0a601d48-4dfd-11e8-97e4-13afc22d86d4.jpg (1440x810, 242K)

youtube.com/watch?v=1ERQ7RB9TZI