Best laptob for a college student?

Attached: 7Cu9Z.jpg (600x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.olx.ro/oferta/laptop-lenovo-thinkpad-x240-i5-ssd-IDccffP.html#position=4&page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>labdob

Attached: 647BB8CF-9651-40C2-8A8E-CFF0647E2003.jpg (1600x900, 102K)

A $50 thinkpad. install gentoo

Thinkpad T450s

Any specific reason?

x200t
you can take notes with a the stylus if you want
they're cheap and have pretty decent screens too

>Best price/performance
>Better than the trainwreck that is x240
>relatively new
>not overpriced like new thinkpads

good luck doing any real work on that core 2 duo
get x201 if you want tablet

X230 / T430.
Best solutions for math / cs student.

I have literally seen decent barely used thinkpads here for in Eastern Europe for like 200eur sometimes less. You get an extra battery and a valid Win 10 license with this one. Not my ad, it’s an example.
m.olx.ro/oferta/laptop-lenovo-thinkpad-x240-i5-ssd-IDccffP.html#position=4&page=1

I live in saudi arabia. a country where most people are stupid

btw good pic, but i thought the emacs curve was supposed to be the debian logo for a second

>implying first gen Core i is more usable than a Core 2 in 2019... both are useless for anything serious. Get at least a Sandy Bridge.

Depends what you're doing. Browsing normiebook and shitposting on Jow Forums isn't all that demanding so any cheap laptop will do the job. Even a Chromebook should work.

If you intend to run full scale neural networks get a Dell xps - CUDA actually works on those.

Anything in-between the two I'd get a ThinkPad - they are very durable and easy to self repair. Check out the /tpg/ thread.

Imagine using a Chromebook when you can get a superior thinkpad for the same price

Acer Triton 500

pros:
good specs for the price
good panel
dgpu for cad or rendering
good keyboard for a laptop
the dark blue color is fantastic looking
no gay gaymer leds everywhere

cons:
dumb predator logo on the back

hands down macbook air

Refurbished thinkpad
Some macbook shit if you're rich and gay

Depends on what you're going to do in college. If you're doing graphics/CAD, obviously you need a good GPU.

General advice, you need to get something that is small and light. I made the mistake of getting a 15 inch gaming laptop that weighs like a brick and is bulky as poop.

If you're mainly doing coding and productivity shit, get a laptop that has i5 at least, 8 gb ram minimum, and something better than on-board GPU if possible.

Anything that isn't the XPS 13 is utter trash

Whatever you do, don't buy obsolete shit just for the sake of wanting to belong with the Jow Forums crowd.

A macbook

Ex enterprise mobile work station

> HP Z-book $300
> runs solidworks like a champ

ebin

Attached: serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fd2%2F9b%2F52%2Fd29b5211ee76d56023f7522d364d3 (650x609, 35K)

I use a ThinkPad X220 for school. RAM upgrade and an SSD (~$60 total invested into it) and the thing feels like a brand new laptop. I get ~6 hours of battery life browsing the web and programming on Devuan.

$100 burner from a pawn shop

>obsolete shit
thinkpads are among the only laptops with user replaceable components. almost every line of laptops besides the old thinkpads are designed to become obsolete in short order

XPS 13

Wait a bit until all 9th gen intel CPU are out on laptops and they'll put all the older 8th gen on discount. I got my laptop for half the original price. The laptop was something like 1400 on most websites, 1200 on a few others, 1100 on walmart. Then walmart put it on clearance and got mine for 600$, 675 with taxes. Has an Nvidia 1050 4GB, 8GB of ddr4 ram, i5-8300H and a pretty damn great 15 inch screen when it comes to laptops. The computer is not worth 1200 IMO, but for 600$, its fucking great. Had to replace the 1TB hard drive with an ssd though, kept the HDD as a backup drive.

There's gonna be a lot more deals likes that in a couple of months.

I got a x220t and its fantastic for school (Senior Comp Sci major)
Only downside is the 1366x768 meme resolution which isn't too bad since the screen is smaller

in practice any 4 core processor will beat any 2 core processor. no point going with thinkpads

I got a T440p for £150 and replaced the screen for an IPS 1080p one. The screen looks better than the macbooks half my lecture hall has, for probably a quarter of the price.

x201
light weight and cheap

This. You'd have to be ignorant or retarded. I've never had a laptop with as good price/performance as the T430

That is just demonstrably false. how about a pentium beating an fx-8350 in videogames as a light example

Superior how? Dumpster tier screen and overly thick body. Worthless hardware. Who wants that?

kind of a shitty comparison, those 8 cores were always considered crap. pentiums are also quad cores now.

you could be doing something useful like freeing palestine instead of using Jow Forums as your personal tech support