Gaming on Linux

>gaming on Linux

Attached: 5efd1b8c9c277fdbc610aa0419c2094d.jpg (1024x768, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mathiashueber.com/ryzen-based-virtual-machine-passthrough-setup-ubuntu-18-04/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>gaming

Attached: 1550113515582.jpg (1024x1024, 75K)

?

>

basedboy manchild

i wanna try gpu passthrough one of these days

>gaming

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

Gaming is for children.

>here's your game, bro.
what do?

Attached: 085-16.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

Bruh, grow up. Having a hobby isn't childish.

>living in a society

>set up GPU passthrough to windows VM
>gayme on Linux by using windows OS as a software
What, are you poor for 2 monitors and 2 GPUs?

I fucking love to game.

said nobody over the age of 16 ever

Epic style

Unless it's childish hobby
Like video games or cartoons

just play native games, there's enough of them even for a manchild

Attached: bottle.jpg (1920x1200, 313K)

Is that your face when you realize you can play basically any game that matters on linux?

>install elementaryOS
>remember that literally 0 distros work out-of-the-box with 4k displays
>remember that this dooms me to using a Windows VM for the one piece of software I would literally call priceless + an office suite that isn't garbage
>remember that pixelshit indie games are native, the AAA stuff in my Steam library are 'community fixes' so toss a coin
>sigh
>reinstall Win10

usually low quality tho

just play good games

Sounds like what a faggot or a tranny would say.

that's why I asked about gpu passthrough you retard

This. Gamers fucking rule dude. We pretty much lead technology. If not for use everyone would be using thirty year old hardware.

you do you

Attached: kek.jpg (400x600, 67K)

My understanding is that GPU passthrough requires an incredibly specific hardware setup and an incredibly specific software setup, so you either build a system specifically with this in mind (thus potentially fucking you down the road) or brute-force as best as you can

and as always there's no fucking ... numbered list like HOW TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.doc because 'you should know this already works4me >not knowing linux normies leave' etc

'how do i gpu passthrough in linux' in 2019 is so fucking similar to 'how to i make wifi work on my laptop in linux' was in 2005

basically it's a gigantic headache and unless you enjoy smashing your balls with a hammer out of ideological purity, you're honestly better off just using windows to play video games

/thread

>>remember that literally 0 distros work out-of-the-box with 4k displays
works for me

Attached: Screenshot_20190314_232858.jpg (3840x2160, 847K)

>low quality
You're thinking of modern Windows exclusives. Any good game is available on Linux ootb or under WINE.

>fell for the 4k meme
Kys

retard

My PC's hooked up to my nice TV. It's annoying enough that the occasional application looks like it was made for Oompa-Loompas in Win10, but at least the OS itself scales so it's readable on a large display at 4k.

My actual, lived experience with a few Linux flavours has been that there's no JUST FUCKING WORK GOD DAMN YOU, WORK YOU PIECE OF SHIT option at all, besides something stupid like running at 1024x768.

A web search is entirely SEOd garbage and blogshit, as usual, so here I am back on Win10

Is that OpenArena? Would play the shit out of it if you'd provide an active server as well.

yay -S install minecraft
yay -S install factorio
the only two games you'll ever need

Attached: yui_burger.png (710x710, 31K)

8ch has an open arena server

Just use wine and dxvk

I did a GPU passthrough and it was very simple on Ubuntu using AMD cpu + Nvidia gpu
your motherboard basically just needs AMD-Vi / Intel-Vtd + IOMMU support and system needs 2 GPUs available (I bought a cheapo gt710)
I'm a brainlet and got it working in like 4 hours using Xubuntu 18.04LTS and this guide mathiashueber.com/ryzen-based-virtual-machine-passthrough-setup-ubuntu-18-04/

If you have an epic gamer motherboard you're probably already able to do it! good luck user

even sfv leave linux, so i don't have easons to use linux went linux don't have fightan's

Attached: -opNtZlhl3Mr1UL2mAgHcGGPDdINDVIsQ_zAZArTBVQ.jpg (818x503, 42K)

You can play more PC games on linux than there's games on any """gaming""" console

OpenTTD and Tuxracer don't count.

Minecraft discount when

>gaming

Attached: WTF.png (251x371, 141K)

It has the best one though

Attached: __filia_and_samson_skullgirls_drawn_by_ataruman__9724e2fd2ea4e1642845b2978bea67b4.jpg (1705x2396, 1.15M)

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, Android, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Android plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Android system made useful by the Bionic corelibs, Toybox utilities and other open source software comprising a full OS designed for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.

Many users run a proprietary version of the Android system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Android which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Android system, developed by Google.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the Android operating system: the whole system is basically Android with Linux added, or simply Android. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of Android.

Attached: Google_Play_logo_black.png (5000x1482, 439K)

>2019
>playing veedo gaym

Grow up.

>2019
>being a tranny
Grow up, faggot.

Nice tits nekonen

good, we don't need idiots ruining Linux

>tfw I want to use Linux but I'm an adult with a real job and need to get work done

t. wagecuck

works on my machine

or anime

>not playing the game of life
sad

Attached: cefd7f2f-5948-4bef-8862-379bccc003cb.jpg (1148x632, 150K)

>"grow up"
>plays video games
lmfao

That's what I said, cartoons

whoa... Did pewds said the N word again!?

Even Linus plays games.

Attached: linus_torvalds_playing_quake.webm (560x416, 2.33M)

We know, he makes videos about gaming rigs half the time.

>t. Jock
GAMERS

Attached: 039.jpg (1280x800, 191K)

>gaming

>two out of 8000+ games don't count
Irrelevant?

Link to video with audio?

>there's no fucking ... numbered list like HOW TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.doc
>basically it's a gigantic headache
imagine being this fucking retarded.
you don't belong on this board, go back to your fucking subreddits and never come here again.
fuck me neo-Jow Forums is so fucking shit.

Attached: 1540871703921.png (510x426, 285K)

Good argument

Attached: 1552719495175m.jpg (768x1024, 107K)

That's pretty cool.
I thought that on spare time he only does his youtube thing

The fuck is this retarded shit?
Did you by accident went to reddit and downloaded this image?

underrated

Attached: 247845178707.png (1225x1080, 1.2M)

Finishing the last few Win-only games from my backlog is the only reason I haven't installed Linux yet.

manchild.
Meanwhile pajeets is taking your job and shitting on you street.

are*

Enjoyment is for children, real men watch paint dry.

>no csgo
at least put a decent pvp game in there

you obviously dont see the funny side newfag

I can't fap to that, user.

Attached: 1551929266970.jpg (800x600, 365K)

the fucking stupid meme has been around for like a year now

Google Generation
Can't learn a fucking thing on their own if it means digging through information

>csgo
>decent

all gamers do is shoot up schools

Wow, my life is now complete. Even without audio this makes me happy.