Gimp sucks

Since gimp sucks i need to use something like PaintDOTnet since its actually usable-
any suggestions?

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1366x768, 122K)

I fucking don’t even use it.

Aint nothing wrong with Gimp.

>that photoshop-like logo
kek

Gimp has a learning curve, excellent software if you know what you're doing

>gimp sucks
well yeah I'd have to agr
>use paint.net
gimp's better than that shit

The only thing wrong with GIMP is the outrageously stupid interface.

lazpaint

>gimp's better than that shit

Attached: 1552420729824.png (645x773, 11K)

>using paint.net
how does it feel to be more contrarian than the freefags?

gimp has always sucked ass and will continue to suck ass for the foreseeable future.
> rips off photoshop's logo and colours
fucking pathetic.

they refuse to fix it. they don't think there's anytihng wrong with it and people should just get good at using gimp. much like the same attitudes with blender.
> nah, it's not blender's fault it's convoluted as fuck, get good
and both programs remain today as complete piles of fucking shit.

Krita is unironically good.
I as a digital artist dumped PS for Krita and love it.

There are also bunches of lightweight programs that load in a second for when you just need to crop a screenshot or something just google
>Foss paint alternative

>brainlet noob who can't git gud

Blender isn't bad, its just alien.
Once you begin to understand its design philosophy it becomes super intuitive.

ZBrush is ten times more clusterfucked and terrible.

Just use photoshop

Attached: another one.png (512x676, 264K)

>be me
>design class
>have to learn photoshop
>everything hard to find
>can't drag the fucking canvas
>can't find the bloody bucket tool
>everything hidden in the less likely place
>photoshop is "easier" than gimp
Nope, photoshop is shit, from both a technical and practical point of view.

Install Krita

Gimp is very good for image manipulation. I vastly prefer the UI to photoshop

The people we who hate GIMP are the same people who use discord and reddit

Gimp and Krita both have absolutely terribad text editing tools.

I once tried to make an infographic and it was so painful i finished the image and then took time to install PS just for text.

photoshop is better than GIMP for any actual professional work (not that anyone here knows about that)
ms paint is better than gimp for shitty memes or quick edits
photoshop is better than gimp for shitty memes or quick edits

Attached: 1548507474507.jpg (374x539, 44K)

There is a website called psdfiddle.com that is unironically more useable than gimp, BTFO by a web app. Also krita is much better than gimp. Hell HTML5 canvas and JavaScript is better than using gimp

Attached: CCE203B4-9CCF-4388-ADE4-96C960C69B54.gif (480x434, 2.74M)

poor thing. imagine being too brainlet to use photoshop.

I get by with gimp, kolourpaint and tikz.
It would be easier to answer your question if you have an example as to what you wanted to do.

>Using MacOS
loser

> photoshop is better than gimp for shitty memes or quick edits
Photoshop 2019 recommends to have 16 GB of RAM.

>much like the same attitudes with blender.
2.80 sexists user. Download it. Blender has an extremely good UI now and made me love doing modeling again.

That is legit pretty impressive to be running in a browser. I only worry about everything you edit being uploaded and viable by the operators. Don't feel like reading the TOS right now to see about that.

Thats because its not aimed at average joe. They assume the user is going to be professional level with very high DPI images with many layers. If you're doing just small touch ups on a photo you can get away with having 4gb of ram.

>people have issues using GIMP

I guess I'm not an advanced user because I have no problems

>they even ripped off Photoshop's splash screen

t. gimp contributor
fuck off, faggot. what a dribbling retard.

I just got Photoshop again after years of trying to work with the garbage dump called gimp. Fuken awful desu

>ZBrush is ten times more clusterfucked and terrible
i agree. i like what it can do, but it sure is a mess.

i wouldn't wish that program onto my worst enemies. it's just torture. inhumane.

it just an image that is being opened in gimp you absolute brainlet

.t Adobe paid shill

>Image manipulating programme is a bad text editor

Gimp is pos, like everything else gnome touches.

2.8 blender is reversing some of the dumber interface decisions.

Yeah images never contain any text right?

This is why proprietary software will remain superior to libre software forever. When a software company puts out a product and people hate it so much they start looking into alternatives, then the publisher is forced to listen to what customers want if they want to keep the cash flowing. So for instance, that's why Windows 10 brought back the start menu.

With FOSS, the guys in charge just do whatever they fucking want. If something's too difficult for them, they don't bother doing it and say one of the following in response to complaints:
>you just don't understand our design philosophy...
>we're reimagining traditional user metaphors...
>that feature is deprecated so it won't be needed...
>that feature we think is unnecessary bloat
>if you want it so bad, just code it yourself!
and that's how you end up with abominations like GNOME

It sux that adobe doesn't do shit for linux (though understandable from their point of view)
The only way windows will die is by cluster remote computing being able to run pro-apps

>not using Affinity Photo
seriously freefags will never learn

Kolourpaint or Lazpaint.

I feel like Paint.net users got used to it in school in the late 90s / early 2000s and just never learned anything else, so they defend their own lazyness, while sipping the boomer drink.

Attached: LivingTheFuckingDream.jpg (4160x3120, 3.29M)

You know, I really want to like Gimp. In theory, I don't need anything more powerful. But each and everytime I try to use it to do the most simple and mundane things, I just feel miserable, confused and more angry with every second the Gimp is up and running. Simple shit like transformations or the layer stuff. It blows my fucking mind how Gimp ended up like this. Last time I gave it a try was yesterday, and I immediately had to took a shower afterwards, to get rid of that feeling. Why. I don't understand.

Attached: Smack.png (639x478, 388K)

your opinion is discarded until you prove you can at least make a perfect circle with it

the most annoying thing about GIMP is that because it exists, and "works" to some extent, there's very little incentive to make a new, nicer image editor

paint.net is very polished, very attractive
and hopelessly lacking in terms of features vs GIMP

the big killer GIMP has for doing professional work (on any level) is how much of a fucking hassle dealing with layers is in it

>Since gimp sucks i need to use something like PaintDOTnet since its actually usable-
Another proof, in case it was even needed, that the people criticizing gimp are not professionals missing some of the most advanced features of photoshop, but entitled teenagers who claim it's "shit" because some superficial part of the interface isn't exactly the way they want it to be.

that's not gimp's logo

newfag here, what's the best discord alternative?

Krita is great for drawing, but if that fulfills your needs you had no business using GIMP or Photoshop in the first place.

>not having at least 16gb of ram

Fingerpainting with shit is better than paint.NET

Have you tried photoshop on wine?
It fucking works

just pirate adobe software like any rational individual

i just use paint.net for temporary assets, very easy to make a MSpaint-like doodle and manipulate it with the better selection tools and transparency. all i really need.

As much as I've tried, I cannot for the life of me make myself like GIMP.

t. artfag

Krita also fuckoff.

thats not macos retard

Krita will kill Gimp, just watching the slow death part now.

Have you tried Adobe Photoshop?

>Judging based on 2.8.16
>Not 2.10.8+

Attached: an.jpg (400x400, 41K)

Aseprite. You can use it for illustrations and animation
It is made for pixel art but you can use it for anything.

I generally agree with a couple exceptions. Lots of good libre devtools because programmers know what programmers want. Also Krita is a surprisingly good painting tool.

this, but unironically. paint.net is the best.

My can o' Monster laughs at you both.

Attached: jimp.png (381x376, 28K)

Just had a look a Krita. While it got nice brushes, it's rather barebone (filters and what not). But the interface is pretty sane for the most part (again, the transform/scale tool is kind of odd, and doesn't always activate when I want it to, so I gotta click like a mad man until the tool finally shows up, why is this so hard, fucking shit), and drawing is fun, from what I can tell.
Still, the performance sucks, sliders, preview and shit (just as with Gimp), which is something photoshop is actually really good at.

K
R
I
T
A

Attached: peace___by_tysontan-d760n42 (1).png (1000x750, 478K)

Photoshop is unparalleled. Krita is decent for painting only

Only on Jow Forums would software designed by programmers be held as superior to software designed by actual designers.

Photoshop is $10/m and $4 for students, there's no excuse not to use it.

Subscription based models can fuck right off. Adobe products are overpriced and new versions only bring gimmicks for the most part.

It used to be hundreds to thousands of dollars bought outright. $120/y is incredibly cheap if you're using it professionally.

>Adobe products are overpriced

>ever paying for an adobe product
user

Photoshop is unethical nonfree software that should not be used by anyone regardless of price. Save your money for proper software that provides freedom for the user.

There's nothing unethical about wanting to be compensated fairly for your time as a software engineer.

The make seamless plugin is based though. Can't do that can you Photoshop cucks?

>wanting to be compensated fairly for your time as a software engineer
Proprietary software like Photoshop has nothing to do with this. Its goal is to unfairly assert control over the user. Save your money and give the fair compensation in exchange for proper software that provides freedom for the user.

Photoshop

See Please do not suggest others to use unethical software.

>paying for photoshop
What's next paying for winRAR?

There's nothing unethical about closed source software. Adobe has proprietary algorithms and user interaction patterns they would like to be compensated for coming up with, as they took a lot of expertise, time and research to come up with. Fuck off with this idiocy. Selling proprietary work made the modern world you live in.

I have 32GB nigger

>There's nothing unethical about closed source software.
False
>Adobe has proprietary algorithms and user interaction patterns they would like to be compensated for coming up with, as they took a lot of expertise, time and research to come up with.
The code being free and open does not prevent them from being compensated from this and you are being intentionally obtuse by suggesting it does. What it does prevent is them asserting control over the user. But I know you will just ignore this and repeatedly claim "but they need to get paid" over and over again. I don't support their panhandling and neither should you.
>Selling proprietary work made the modern world you live in.
Yes and it's a huge problem that needs to be fixed.

> falling for the 17179869184 bytes of volatile random access memory meme

Best way to pirate the Adobe Programs?

Faculty subscription to ACC was 10 euros per year

>False
You aren't entitled to free source code

Shit companies like Adobe aren't entitled to charge me money just so they can take my freedoms away.

It's a voluntarily arrangement between you and Adobe. Nobody is forcing your idiotic ass to do anything.

Yes I'm lucky I was never tricked into that scam-like arrangement. However current Photoshop users are not so fortunate.

There was a Paint.net clone called Pinta, for Linux distros.

IDK if that thing it's updated tho.

Use Krita then

You can still download Photoshop CS6 directly from Adobe and replace the amtlib.dll

Try Krita.

Krita is better than GIMP. It is no Magic Software, so don't download it expecting the best software in the world. It is just better than GIMP and that is it.

Saying GIMP sucks without any reason shows you do not have the wherewithal to learn any tool sir.

photoshop cs6 runs pretty much flawlessly on wine.

lmao thats such a visceral reaction