>to lazy to leave my cozy bed
>grab my old x220 without living the bed
>work on client work for 6 hours
>bring some food from the kitchen
>eat it in bed while watching anime on my thinkpad
>work some more in bed
>fall asleep
>repeat everyday for last 3 years

Does anyone in here have any experience with bed setups? What type of monitor mounts should get, etc?

Attached: Bed-with-hanging-mobile-home-desktop-computer-desk-bed-foldable-lifting-seamless-table.jpg_640x640.j (640x640, 163K)

>What type of monitor mounts
STANDS. do not into mounts, they all junk, and this is your sole lifeline to ROTW you talking about. Vertical operation requires ofter and finer monitor adjustments, get proper stands, heavier the better, put flex arms on those. The real Protip for bed setups tho, DO NOT memory mattress. They 'remember' a bit too fucking good- and if you in the thing 24/7, you'll need mountaineering gear to climb out the valley in the middle. Assuming you ever do leave the mattress again, that is

I just lay a piece of wood in my bed and put the laptop + mouse on top of it

I lay the laptop on the bed, and use a book to elevate the rear.

I just open my thinkpad all the way so it’s flat then I set my mattress on top of it and punch it until it’s pressed the keys I want.

looks uncomfortable as fuck with nowhere to rest your elbows.

Remove all tech from your room. Promote a much healthier lifestyle

Attached: 1534007959361.gif (266x243, 250K)

no I don't understand how the fuck do people use their laptops or whatever in bed, it's uncomortable as fuck compared to good chair and desk

Bump

Those computers aren't even plugged in. There's nothing plugged into them whatsoever!

Anyway there are ways to use your laptop to control your desktop. VNC, Remote Desktop, Steam Link, etc.

On the picture: the displays are not connected and desk stand is not removed...

Attached: 1551059640680.jpg (5296x4334, 676K)

>eat it in bed
absolutely fucking disgusting

Attached: 1550713362781.jpg (1024x576, 76K)

My setup for like an entire decade was having a desk right next to my bed, bring the keyboard to my crotch and a normal mousepad in the bed.

Then I moved out of my mom's basement and the setup was a 43 inch TV on the wall, bed in front of it, and PC on a small coffee table, with usb extensions for the mouse and keyboard.

Then I moved out again and the layout of my current apartment doesn't let me do any of this, so I'm thinking of buying some kind of moveable stand.

Pic related is OP

Attached: 1490884893629.jpg (1500x1000, 299K)

>pot noodle
NONONOOONNONOOOOO

>ITT: basal metabolic rate rolly polly bois

good god, i wanna lick the azn soles so bad

Attached: weeew.jpg (657x527, 42K)

I not that sick I can't leave the bed.
But if you get something like pictured, it just uses a vesa mount, so any setup will do.
If you can leave the bed, I would advice you to do so.
Even if the desk is a few feet away, it is so important to get some movement.
One of the major health risks in a hospital is having people lie in a bed all day, don't make it more comfortable if you don't have to.

how fat are you?

I did this for months, didn't notice any changes other than the inconvenience of not having devices at hand

>grab my old x220 without living the bed
Are you me?
I finished my phd in this position (pic related) and still work in bed everyday. I go downstairs for meals, though.
I feel very comfy, why do you want a monitor stand? To use a desktop?
My only concern is about the heat on the chest/belly that someone says that may cause cancer, so I use a small blanket under the laptop.

Attached: man-with-laptop-in-bed-62609563.jpg (1500x1102, 507K)

For years I've been lying face down, while looking and extending my arms up to reach the laptop in front of my bed. But my neck is starting to hurt, and I want to be able to lie sideways or looking up.

I'm considering buying some cheap tablet to use as a bed monitor, attached to one of those flexible arm stands, plus a small wireless mouse and keyboard.
But I'm not sure how stable those arms are, or about their lengths (I need ~1m).

>Does anyone have any experience with this kind of setup?
>What would be a great arm holder for this?
>What would be a cheap, yet as big as possible tablet? (I don't care about processing or memory, I just want the screen).

Attached: arm.jpg (450x217, 27K)

>macfags are unironically doing this

Truly iToddlers.

pic related

Attached: Free-shipping-Baby-Music-Toys-Musical-Mobile-Babi-Bed-Bell-Hanging-Toy-With-Sky-Star-Projection.jpg (800x800, 37K)

I did this for a while. gave me serious back pain so I had to stop

Not a macfag, though. I would just connect some tablet to my pc over bluetooth, wifi, or usb if possible.