New laptops will die or start acting shitty in 1 to 2 years after purchase due to planned obsolescence

>new laptops will die or start acting shitty in 1 to 2 years after purchase due to planned obsolescence
>same for every smartphone made by scamsung or appel
>old, reliable hardware from back when it was good is getting in short supply

what will we do?

Attached: 1552412646137.jpg (650x487, 44K)

Buy our hu-oy-vey and xiaomingding laowai, dey rearry cheap and reliabre, wery gud value. Oh also no unrocked bootloader!1!1 Our stock firmware is gud, not botnet!

Attached: chink.jpg (501x585, 78K)

Hoard old tech and use it for the next twenty years
>2031
>arch still works bTfos applels shitbook cuz ssd
>no it still does what i need it to do
>REE autism
The absolute state of Jow Forums

I actually started to learn programing because i got sick of products like keyboards for example either failing or not delivering the things I need no matter the price i pay.
This bullshit needs to stop and im putting an end to it.

Just use a desktop as a work station.

there's no shame in using a 5+ year old computer.

This but unironically

how am i doing

Attached: untitled.png (419x482, 21K)

I bought my laptop in 2011, still using it
I think the "planned obsolescence" argument is mostly bullshit, people don't really know how to take care of complex products of engineering like our current computing technology.
though, OTOH, I do not doubt companies like Apple DO make shitty products on purpose.

>by a waffle maker
>bring it home start making waffles
>cool
>the next day
>mmmm waffles
>turn it on
>barely heats
>ok.tiff
>put it on 8
>it heats too much
>smell of magic smoke
>indicator leds die
>morning ruined
>go to store
>haro u used it once? sorry must send to service no replacement for you
>here you go refurbished unit after a week of waiting
I paid for the thing in cash brand new.
To hell with your post.

Planned obsolescence doesn't really apply to computers, since the OS isn't tired to the hardware. You can use a 15 year old computer to run modern programs, but you can't use a 15 year old phone for the same matter. I know phones are still evolving, but if this shit doesn't stop we will have a bunch of strong enough devices that will be stuck on an older OS version that is not supported by anything.

Buy used equipment for professionals from professional leasing refurbishers/resellers. Avoid Applel/Sony/*insert other shitty fashion design tier brand here*.
Make sure firmware is ok before buying.

tech evolves, do you still write code in Basic and save to tape decks? mobile is the future embrace it or be left behind

if you're not doing engineering simulations (CAD, CAE or CAM) you're fine.
(if you want to, you can upgrade to a core 2 Quad/phenom II X4, slap some 16GB ram and an nvidia quadro/firepro aaaaaaand you're set.)

most companies use exchill (get it? a pun because it freezes alot xD bazomga) which is perfectly able to run on legacy systems.

you can even fire up a lot of games, if you wanted to. P4 can run a lot of cool stuff.

And how does learning programming relates to the durability of keyboards?
That's like, completely unrelated.

i know about the 1929 thing but yeah capitalism went too far!

>>haro u used it once? sorry must send to service no replacement for you
and you fell for their argument. retard.

also,
>using the failure of an electric device as an example of planned obsolescense of complex electronic devices
>not being able of analysing and fixing a shitty electric heater by yourself
m8, you are useless.

>Planned obsolescence doesn't really apply to computers
go watch Louis Rossmann videos.

>but you can't use a 15 year old phone for the same matter
that's because their hardware is very restricted and not modular. also, blame """developers""" for making shitty apps and websites that use too many resources to show a bunch of images to retards.

I want to be able to program my own firmware in order to support special keyboard features some of them are related to durability.

No you fucking nigger

>go watch Louis Rossmann videos.
Apple shit is not your regular computer, they are just a toy at this point.

Is this the future of autism?

This is actually my POS computer and finished Plants vs Zombies on it recently.
At home I have a c2d system that i plan in converting to E5450 monster(I even got TEC cooler for it).
The mobo also has place for place for 2 gpus so a workstation card is not out of the question and DDR3 is a plus.

More like the future if you want something that just works.

>not being able of analyzing and fixing a shitty electric heater by yourself
Which part of being bought brand new you didn't get?
If I want to repair toasters i have refurbished my mums old waffle maker that she used for the past 30 years.
Oh it still works by the way like it was bought yesterday,just need a nice scrub to get the grease off.
Makes you think doesn't it.