Discord has won now that Mumble is a dead project

>last updated 2017-01-27
>official site has cert issues
>Rarely gets mentioned on Jow Forums anymore

Now that Mumble is dead, can we call Discord the official voice chat of Jow Forums?

Attached: mumble-icon.png (250x250, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/1.3.0
aaathats3as.com/
github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/2728
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its sad all my friends left mumble for discord. I even hosted my own for a while to try to get them to come back. To be honest, having chat that remains in the channel like discord does is better for small friend groups

mumbles not dead and no we cant and also op is a fag

It's not dead, it's finished.

fuck off nigger
join our mumble server
mumble.n3t.host
port: 42069
i'm ready to eat your pussy, ladies

the new version has been in development for a couple years, see here for more info: wiki.mumble.info/wiki/1.3.0
new snapshot builds are posted every few weeks so you can use those if you want to test the latest version

>can we call Discord the official voice chat of Jow Forums?
why would a CIA honeypot be the official voice chat of Jow Forums?

My friends all used to use mumble for years until discord came around. We eventually just use discord for voice because you can see who is in the channel without joining. Unlike mumble where you just see a user count like 6/20 and don't know who they are unless you join.

It still works just fine.

You already tried to post this thread, retard.

Attached: file.png (238x50, 1K)

>last updated 2017-01-27
There was an update three days ago, though.
>official site has cert issues
What?

Attached: 2019-03-16-091652_1200x1100_scrot.png (1200x291, 44K)

aaathats3as.com/

Speaking of mumble, is it just me or mumble-snapshot-minimal from AUR doesn't build?

Why not teamspeak 3?

botnet

There's no updates until a release is done.

Discord is better than Mumble anyway

Attached: Screenshot_20190316-123547_Chrome.png (1440x2560, 383K)

Put your phone away user

It's dead

ghost towns

you still need a centralized server to use mumble so you might as well use discord instead

imagine being this retarded

Are Teamspeak and Ventrilo dead?

What about Xfire?

>Are Teamspeak and Ventrilo dead?
>
>What about Xfire?
All have fallen to the almighty Discord

Feelsbadman.jpg
Luckily most of my friends prefer my self-hosted Mumble server over Discord.

Use bitlbee with discord so you don't need to install the damn app. I just really hate the whole "the hamsters who run the servers are tired right now!" shit. If I need to voice chat with somebody from discord I'll use ripcord i guess

discord has shit quality
I don't know why NPCs love it so much.

The quality seems fine but the reliability is absolute ass. we had to change server regions every 30 minutes or so. It can happen that you inexplicably can't connect to voice at all which sometimes a change in server region might fix, sometimes you need to restart. It's a mess.

>discord has shit quality
said nobody ever

>intro video
i'm fucking sold

Well, that's the consequence of not allowing self-hosted servers. Discord in the end is just easier to install, more portable, has more modern features that cater to the average user; the cost is a heavier framework with less flexibility and of course, it is not FOSS.

TS is actually trying to make a comeback, they've gone full electron and seem to be trying to copy discord

As is discord
The absolute state of Jow Forums

Attached: electron.jpg (500x700, 74K)

>they've gone full electron and seem to be trying to copy discord
trash

This. Just because it's the only option doesn't mean we should use it at all.

Source?

based server
lots of cp in there too!
cum and join

teamspeak.com

Mumble looks bad. Look at that icon choice.
No wonder it died out.

>can we call Discord the official voice chat of Jow Forums?
Yes, but only to trigger all the autists, but also yes because it is the better client and everyone is using it.

because people don't care about quality, they put convenience over everything else. Why do you think streaming music is so popular?

Using Teamspeak every day and there you can see as well, where and what people are in the server and on specific channels. Unless you make the channels private to non confirmed users.
Teamspeak is way better than discord.

I wish FOSSfags would actually try making good software.

>As is discord
Your point? Nobody here uses this proprietary shit and my comment was about TS, not mumble (which is FOSS, both server and client)

Lots of people on Jow Forums use discord

Sorry but if your definition of "good software" is something which is highly centralized and strictly controlled by one company then you will never be happy with FOSS. Stick to windows, discord and facebook with the rest of the vermin if you can't handle being responsible for your own freedom.

>people
I wouldn't call niggers, trannies and sjws people.

Non of them belong to Jow Forums.
Discord is malware and everyone im tech knows that.

>Lots of people on Jow Forums use discord
lots of "people" on Jow Forums should really be on /v/ or fuck right off back to r*ddit.

Same

I have people on Jow Forums inviting me to their discord pretty much every week.

My idea of fossfags making good software is software that replicates or exceeds the experience of proprietary alternatives none of the privacy drawbacks.

Fossfags never do the 1st thing right.

Please ignore the /v/ refugees shilling their trash. It takes them a while to get over their love of botnets.

And I will say again, if you expect FOSS media platforms to replicate the experience of discord, facebook, twitter, etc which is that of a giant shady amusement park funded by datamining and predatory advertisements, then you will be disappointed. Those platforms are designed from the beginning to not be free and open.

Yikes mate, I just pointed out that Discord is botnet. No need to get hyped like that.
Now this I can get behind.

Those are social media services. It is possible to make a discord clone without the botnet that works well. Its just that fossfags can't do it.

No it isn't because if someone did that you would still complain that you have to run your own server. I can prove this by pointing out that there are already plenty of alternatives, but you refuse to acknowledge them because this requires doing actual work to set one up instead of just submitting to the botnet.

Gross

>YIKES
Go back

I'd rather eat shit than use discord.

How do I safely run discord on linux?

Run it in your browser and have uBlock Origin installed and using the "hard mode"

it's still monitoring you

github.com/mumble-voip/mumble/issues/2728

>T. Dev

Make me a faster GUI desktop app builder that actually delivers on out of the box cross-platform support for Win, Mac, and Linux, and I’ll happily use that instead,

Until then, I’m gonna keep having a single codebase, because fuck juggling two repos you need to manage in parallel.

Get off vent or I'll have you bent

Attached: ventrilo-icon-4.jpg (535x535, 60K)

no

Discord has the most horrific voice chat I've ever used, from dropped packets at an alarming rate, low bitrate, several second delays in latency - I'll be using Mumble forever.

pleb

>I posted it again!
It gets monthly updates you fucking retarded autist. Use the dev version.

>they put convenience over everything else
So why not use mumble when you don't have to register and it has a fuck ton of constantly empty public servers.

You don't.

>It gets monthly updates you fucking retarded autist. Use the dev version.
no

You're using the dev version of discord and windows, retard.

nope

CSGO pros still use TeamSpeak today

>friend gets me to install discord
>installs to appdata

Attached: 1375366365604.gif (149x158, 984K)

Mumble is trash. There is no reason a VOIP program should add input lag when the overlay is disabled.

>friends and I start up a discord server
>nothing bad so far
>1 month into it
>30 different rooms for various activities
>2 months later
>now up to 80 different rooms

WHAT THE HELL PROMPTS PEOPLE TO DO THIS?

trannies

It's not shit but it is noticeably inferior to Mumble.

>The quality seems fine
Discords voice quality is absolutely abysmal (compared to other voip software). Anyone who says otherwise seems to have only used Skype and Discord.

It's sad that decentralized VoIP servers are dying to a centralized piece of shit that goes down every other week.

Are you retarded?

You saw the same behavior back when people made their own forums. There would be 5 users and the threads would be spread over 100 sub forums of every category imaginable.

>Electron

I still use IRC, voice chat is overrated.

>voice chat is overrated.
pussy

boomer detected

Try having 50 people trying to talk at the same time while you are watching/listening to a live stream or something.

Meant for

Who would do this? This is for a handful of your buddies just chatting together.

TFW no 32bit Discord appimage.

Attached: 1535414556020.jpg (675x900, 165K)

gtk qt

That's where user-local installs are supposed to be.

If Mumble is so good, why isn't there an official Jow Forums Mumble?

>voice chat
kek

>on Mumble
>press a button to deafen yourself
>make a person a priority speaker so nobody else can speak over them on your side
Problems solved.

Needs 1.3

Jitsi
Rocketchat
And many others

>needs the CURRENT version
What's the point of your comment?