Which wos better?

which wos better?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

glass8.eu/
classicshell.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=tajDxBaPBBM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gentu ubu fed mahjaro

Attached: f22222222222.jpg (229x220, 4K)

I was a whole lot more excited about 95. It felt new and awesome.

10 is a better consumer product.

Soul vs Soulless

Android is the new Windows, fresh, exciting

Attached: phonephag.png (2246x1080, 2.81M)

>Form following function
>Function following form
>Which is better guies??

C’mon user

Windows CHADvista

Attached: 1200px-Vista-Desktop.png (1200x675, 619K)

windows 7

Attached: Win7_Aero.png (1600x900, 860K)

>neko
Cringe

Attached: 1549802441736.png (729x500, 24K)

>based
95, 98, 2000, XP

>meh
Vista/7 (7 was just Vista with the bugs fixed)

>cringe
8, 8.1, 10

LTSC is sadly the only useful (after Windows 2000) Windows.

95 start menu was functional and didn't have telemetry or ads

based

Absolutely correct.

Attached: superiority.jpg (1280x768, 193K)

I have really fond memories of Windows 95, but lets be honest here, its kernel was a mess and it's security model was a safety hazard.

It crashed every other day then. It doesn't crash anymore despite epic Jow Forums memes.

The one microsoft replaced with autistic legos.

Attached: 338769194-orig-orig_2_orig.png (1366x768, 235K)

Putting the program list into a small window you had to scroll through was a terrible mistake.

O.O

BASED

god I wish i could make windows 10 look like 98

Windows 98 SE or Windows 2000 SP4.
Anything after is shite at best.

Windows 7 bestest OS!

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

What did you guys use to take these transparent screenshots?

I wish those transparencies came back in Win10.

95 obviously

For what do you need 128 gb RAM on win 7 PC ?

Aeroshot

For work.

hmmmmmmm...........what kinda work?

Attached: 1531010848742.jpg (750x718, 48K)

Windows 95 was faster and was more intuitive than the abomination that Windows 10 is.

This

Attached: icewm1.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

>he doesn't know how to fix the calendary gadget

Attached: 1526773279486.png (600x536, 253K)

Its true, and sometimes I want to get something done that I know how to do via control panel but not the “settings” app.

Attached: 1516434267876.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

Camming in 4k 60fps :^)

I tried improving your poorly copied linux theme

Attached: 13-06-17-39-desktopb.gif (1024x768, 20K)

whoops wrong image

Attached: 1552759562646.png (1366x768, 344K)

My start menu doesn't look like that.

Attached: start.png (322x672, 169K)

1995 by a long shot
Windows 10 one is so fucked i dont even know how to use it so i just search for stuff

fpbp

vista was the last one with a decent old school theme, they fucked it up in 7

>UI, privacy and not treating the user like a retard
>everything else
>respecting your freedoms
GNU/Linux-libre

At least Windows has evolved. Linux distros look like Windows 95, lol. Dumbass neckbearded virgins

It actually is, because on Linux, nothing prevents you from installing Windows 95 and yet benefiting from a maintained OS in the background.

more fix
see how much better it could look if you just put in a little more effort?
the beauty is in the details

Attached: 1552778549912.png (1366x768, 270K)

Watercolor was never meant to be the regular XP theme.
From the start they planned separate "Pro/Bussiness" and "Consumer" themes. As you can very clearly see, Watercolor has a simple and clean style to be easy to use for previous Windows users, consume less resources and not distract much. While Luna is way more toyish and user friendly.
Anyway, they did end up giving Media Center and Embedded their own themes.

Yeah, we neckbeards really miss something.

Attached: windows_ads_1.png (648x426, 247K)

I don't really know if this differs from windows 95/98 that much at all

Attached: start menu.jpg (391x716, 47K)

I've had more problems with Win 7 than with XP (update errors etc....). Also it was kinda heavyweight (basically Vista SP3). For me XP will be probably forever the best, snappiest Windows experience.

What possible use could a woman have for all that RAM?
Some titanic-heavy graphics design?

>10 is a better consumer product
I strongly disagree. I've grown increasingly frustrated with win10 and am seriously considering downgrading back to 7 or 8. I only need to decide which to go to and make backups of all my files.
Important settings are obtusely hidden, and the UI is uggo. Nothing about win10 seems to be an upgrade. I've disabled that Cortana shit, and every time I open the start menu I'm assaulted with horseshit I've no use for.

Thanks for never changing the image so I can filter its hash faggot.
How's the HRT going

Left if you're nostalgic. Right if you're realistic.

You know it's been shown with recent statistical data that people are able to find things much slower today on our modern interfaces than on older interfaces.
That W10 start menu salad isn't helping anyone find shit.

Usually MS uses gimmicks and illusions to make their stuff seem better, and in this case the illusion is targeted at tech illiterate new computer users.
Because the left pic is VASTLY superior to people who already know the hierarchy and know what they want to find, while the right pic is superior for anyone who doesn't know where anything is and would also probably be intimidated by a simple menu hierarchy.

>95 = Fortran
>98 = C
>XP = C++
>Vista = Java
>7 = C#
>8 = Python
>10 = Javascript

>downgrading
*upgrading
Anyway, I'd recommend 8. 7's support is ending soon. You can disable the toddler UI with glass8.eu/ and classicshell.net/ if it bothers you.
Or even better, just dualboot GNU/Linux and Windows. I recommend you use Devuan.
>You know it's been shown with recent statistical data that people are able to find things much slower today on our modern interfaces than on older interfaces.
Of course, MS spent a fuckton of money researching on what makes an UI user friendly while developing 95.
>Because the left pic is VASTLY superior to people who already know the hierarchy and know what they want to find, while the right pic is superior for anyone who doesn't know where anything is and would also probably be intimidated by a simple menu hierarchy
The change was for the worse in my opinion. 95 has a button that you press when you want to "Start" doing stuff on your computer. It has a bunch of nicely labeled categories and help is available a click away. 10's is just a glorified apps menu. Fuck, it doesn't even have a label anymore, how is anyone supposed to know what it does without already being familiar with Windows?

>yfw you realize mainstream markets will never ever adopt any kind of new OS because regular people get what they're given and never question it.

It's OSX and Windows10 from here on out, and you all know it.
Even if both volatile diarrhea-muck-spray shit the bed for the next 20 years people will still use them.

Attached: 1385079092457.jpg (274x233, 21K)

98 beats both of these

Based
95-98,7,8.1

Meh
2000, Xp, 8

Trash

Vomit

Shit

Winblows 10

>Windows 95

I've been contemplating forcing myself to try and get by with a 9x operating system, just to see if it could be done. I believe my T42 has compatible drivers, so that won't be a problem. Is it still possible? What do?

Attached: 95.jpg (1597x856, 241K)

95 was an utterly terrible operating system, but it was still innovative and improved significantly and tangibly over its predecessor.
10 was a reasonable operating system with a lot of potential, but innovated very little, just a further refinement of the same fundamental 9x/NT4 interface model.

Which is "better" is irrelevant because there is never a situation where you choose one or the other.

The only thing operating systems like 9x and NT are bad at is pretty much media/internet drone shit nowadays, otherwise there are plenty of applications that do most of the same things you do today just with a little less intelligence or additional features for specific use cases. It's barely even a challenge to use them today.

Thanks, I'll look into those win8 links you provided.
>Or even better, just dualboot GNU/Linux and Windows. I recommend you use Devuan.
I sorta already do this. I have linux on my laptop for work, and I use my desktop for gaming and shitposting.

Bragging on Jow Forums..

In 1995 it was OS2 and RedHat Linux, BeOS and QNX were cool too but the later were more 1998.
In 2018 its Kali.

linux in the 90s was shit and OS/2 was a forgotten failure by then

They both sucked, but 95 sucked less because no botnet and no adds in the friggin start menu. 2000 was where Microsoft peaked.

I feel you, fellow chad.

They'll never be another OS like it.

This is true if you're implying that Vista > 7, which it is.

OS/2 was awesome, tho. It failed because IBM were huge jews about support.

they gimped 1.x because of promises to 286 customers and it never really had any worthwhile applications of its own, by the time NT existed it was pretty pointless 2bh

Miss, I'm kindly asking to expose your mamaries with a valid timestamp or leave the premises

>click start
>blasted with adds where you think you're still safe
The new windows has sold its soul.
Unbased
youtube.com/watch?v=tajDxBaPBBM

please be in waterloo, ontario, canada