/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 1552510733320.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/MTnXw6
pcpartpicker.com/list/MQPv9J
youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8zdprzEjI
pcpartpicker.com/list/ydwnjc
pcpartpicker.com/list/v2TFD2
aliexpress.com/item/-/32969274041.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/TYCCRJ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181140&Description=h60&cm_re=h60-_-35-181-140-_-Product
pcpartpicker.com/list/nrNs3b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Previous :

>no 9400f on the OP
cringe

I have an ATX case that is ~19cm thick.
If I'm to fit an AM4 board in there how much do I have left for a tower cooler?

Is it worth it to buy a ryzen 2600x right now or how soon will ryzen 2 be out?

Eh just wait
Should be out sometime in May or June

More like august

>been waiting for Navi ever since it showed up on that old roadmap

Attached: 1486791253589.jpg (528x480, 37K)

This is what I came up with: pcpartpicker.com/list/MTnXw6

Did I do something wrong?

Should I stick with the PSU or get a 450 W one?

Seems like a nice little set up.
Not a big deal, but maybe check out getting some better RAM.

Rate my Build plz.
pcpartpicker.com/list/MQPv9J

imagine willingly buying a 6c6t cpu in 2019

Attached: jbl.jpg (363x406, 23K)

Redpill me on OCing my ryzen 5 2600, please.
I've managed to get it decently stable at 4.0ghz with 1.275V but it started crashing when using more CPU-heavy applications.
I'd get random crashed when the CPU usage went up to 85-90%, but now it's quite fine at 1.3V, yet the temperatures are noticeably higher.
How can I achieve lower temperatures at the same clocks? And what do the marked settings mean in pic related? My mobo is a b450 Mortar with the latest bios.
TLRD: Am brainlet and need advice on how to OC my r5 2600 properly.

Attached: MSI_SnapShot_11_marked.png (1024x768, 336K)

I have the same mobo and my 2600 can only do 3.9 at 1.375v...

when did you get it and how much did you get it for?

Not sure which one you mean so I'll answer both. Ryzen was a couple months ago for £150 and the mobo was one month ago for £100

What would be the cheapest option since my Z77 motherboard died and I don't want to replace everything yet. Should I buy a bare-bones Optiplex and throw my 3770k and other shit in there?

I'm not trying to sound like a conspiracy nut but I think older Ryzen 5 2600s that cost more than 150€ or so had more decent silicone. Nowaydays there are ryzens being sold for around 130€ and I can see why they would be of much poorer quality.

>buy a nitro+ rx570 4gb
>specs say 7000MHz effective memory
>mine has 8000MHz
nani the fuck

I have no idea. Bought mine at roughly the highest price I've seen them at (£150) from amazon. I've been told here multiple times that it wont make a difference for me when gaming at 60fps anyway.

Lads, I'm an idiot.
I have a tower and I want to connect an additional HD and 2 fans. Is there a basic picture on "power splitter" types I would need to connect these things to the PSU?

>GTX 970 isn't cutting it anymore
>40fps in Escape from Tarkov at 100% GPU usage

>bought NIB GTX 1080 Ti this morning for $500
>drop it in, install drivers, boot up Escape from Tarkov
>75fps at 70% usage dope
>play for a couple minutes, pop some shitter across the map
>guy pops out right in front of me and starts spraying me in the face
>PC power hard cuts

>remember I have a 450w PSU that is now running a 4770k and 1080 Ti

At least there are SFX power supplies over 450w available now...

Attached: 85owpoajpo711.png (645x729, 65K)

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ8zdprzEjI

>Redpill me on OCing my ryzen 5 2600, please.
>redpill me
NIGGA stop using words you don't understand!
>I've managed to get it decently stable at 4.0ghz with 1.275V
>decently stable
>but it crashy washy when under actual load T_T wat do OWO
How about you actually give it enough voltage to make it stable at those clocks, just because you can boot into the OS doesn't mean it's stable.

Offset voltage is how much less or more voltage you give it at any given clock than the auto function.
NB/soc is the memorychip, intergrated GPU, "northbridge" voltage

thats pretty typical.

Anyone know if the CX650M supports 2x 8 pci-e pin cards?

When it says that the AMD A10 9700 has an R7 GPU, which exactly do they mean? Like, which model exactly or how does that work?

>stop using words you don't understand!
redpill me = tell me the truth
>but it crashy washy when under actual load T_T wat do OWO
it is stable when under a synthetic 100% load but it's unstable when playing games and such. No idea how or why that happened.
Thank you. This guy is terrible at explaining things quickly but thank you nonetheless.

>it is stable when under a synthetic 100% load
AHAHAAHAHAHAH did you do like a single cinebench run and declare it stable?
What the fuck did you actually use as your "100% synthetic load" and for how long?

>it is stable when under a synthetic 100% load but it's unstable when playing games and such
Either your benchmark is only testing one thing (no cpu or something), or that doesn't make any sense. Gaming shouldn't ever reach the actual stress of a dedicated test.

if it's crashing it's crashing
a synthetic workload isn't a real workload. many cpu stress test won't recheck their calculations. tone down the clock if you don't want to up the voltage

I have that psu and was told that it could. I only have a single 8pin gpu right now though.

You should recommend the GTX 1660 Ti for 1080p gayman m8. 1660 will essentially be entry level mixture of med/high settings from 2019 forward, while 1660 Ti should be able to achieve mostly high.

pcpartpicker.com/list/ydwnjc
how is this build for someone who is solely using it for music production? also, reccomendations to make it cheaper?

>What the fuck did you actually use as your "100% synthetic load" and for how long?
>or that doesn't make any sense.
>a synthetic workload isn't a real workload.
I've ran it for an hour or wo with prime95 at 4.0ghz @ 1.280V. A bit too hot for my taste but it was still very stable.
games like Bf1 were very stable at 1 50-60% load.
Then I tried BF5 and whenever CPU usage passed 85% my entire system would crash. Maybe I've done something wrong. That's why I posted about it and asked for advice.

Attached: 1546702641635.webm (426x426, 1.2M)

you don't need a water cooler for a workstation
that processor should have a serviceable stock cooler
get a 250gb m.2 ssd and a 1tb hdd. use the m.2 to work, save old work on the hdd. one day the m.2 will fail and the hdd will have to work for you while you get a replacement

get aida64
Run the stress test and tick these options
CPU, FPU, CACHE, System memory, GPU.

pcpartpicker.com/list/v2TFD2
made it a lot better and cheaper for you. I'd get a real GPU. Don't buy Win10 for full price, and don't waste money on faster ram. Also I'd really not use wifi.
also this if you are really cheap

R8
Want to support 16 drives as cheaply as possible (the breakout and extra SATA power cables come to about $30)
Going to build my own case, also have an old Antec 300 I could put the motherboard and PSU in but it won't fit enough drives
Have plenty of fans and a CPU cooler already as well as flash drives for boot

Attached: build.png (1222x1254, 86K)

i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz
good or nah

i hope this aint some chink recipe

1660 Ti or 2060?
It will probably be bottlenecked by my cpu anyway, I'm running a [email protected] right now.
1080p144

Thank you anons. What version of windows do you reccomend, because 10 is abysmal last time i used it, unless theres a way to make it bearable

Windows 10 is unironically the best one, use shutup 10 or something similar to debloat it. Get yourself 1 10$ ebay key.

I just finished my pc, first time using windows 10 and I get this. My old 1080p monitor now shows as a tiny monitor for some reason and I can't set the correct resolution. I tried everything, uninstalled and reinstalled the correct driver etc. but nothing works. Has anyone else had this issue? I've been trying to fix this for an hour but I'm at my wits end.

Attached: screenshit.jpg (4640x2160, 768K)

i really appreciate the help user. as you can see, im pretty naive about this stuff, but im trying to learn it

I don't agree with your performance prediction (on average, at least). The 1660 and 1660Ti are fairly close in performance, so when the next line of cards comes out, you'll barely be able to see a difference on performance charts. It'll be like the 570 vs 580

It's not that the 1660Ti is a bad card, it's just that the 1080p options are crowded

unironically have you reset your comp?

>Generic Non-PnP monitor
reboot, install monitor driver

I have, several times. Sometimes windows stops recognizing the right monitor, even though it's the one that displays BIOS.
The issue is with the other, named monitor. The generic one works fine.

Jesus christ, 1.375v for 3.9 Ghz? My 9900K hits 5 at 1.25V.

I had the same problem when using a monitor and a projector. Windows didn't like having to use differing resolutions for the displays

aliexpress.com/item/-/32969274041.html
I'll do it
someone stop me

Is a 2060 good for 1440 gaming?

Were you able to fix it or work around it? For now my only option seems to be to buy a different display, which is a shame.

someone posted a review last thread
kinda yes was the answer.
I expect not to if rtx makes success because 2060 might drop below 30fps in some games with rtx on and dlss won't help on 1440p

Should I buy the monitor LG 32GK650F-B? I have a GTX1070 It's for gaming,watching anime etc.

1440p144
your gpu might struggle at top settings but it's good

What's a good monitor for under £200 for gaming, and graphic design?

Attached: db.png (720x486, 736K)

Guy who was having trouble with the Ryzen CPU cooler with the hooks from last thread here, it seems my CPU is idling at 120 degrees Celsius, so I'm fairly sure something is not attached right..

what are you using to see temps
a fucking cooking thermometer?

DLSS is an upscale with an instagram filter on it. Completely different from native 1440p.

that's probably the saddest part
dlss was supposed to make rtx worth it on 4k
it's a fucking .jpeg filter instead

That video was trippy af

If they marketed as an uber upscale technique, they wouldn't be half as scummy. The biggest problem in my opinion is that it straight up looks worse than an ordinary upscale without the vaseline filter.

[STARTS UP DRUM MACHINE]

Just the computer itself.

the program, what was it? because I don't remember mobos being capable of reading above 100c

It was just Speccy, installed it quickly just to see if temperatures were at least normal.

I want to get a better fan for my 2600x so I can clock around 4.1 ghz wtih ease, but should I just invest in a 25 dollar tower fan or a 50 dollars water cooled fan?

I was testing out a 1.4 voltage and at 4.1ghz and in certain games I idle around 70-75 degrees which isn't TOO bad but in Battlefield 1 I keep hitting mid to high 80's and I don't want to risk frying my shit over this.

if you can take care of your pc annually a aio is better

tbqh I would not go above 70 to increase the longevity of the cpu

What do you mean take care of my PC annually?

YOU LITTLE WONDER LITTLE WONDER YOU

I think a good aio might need attention every year to be taken care of, a custom loop needs water exchanged and the connections checked annual

then there's the fun part of water leaks

Has already been fixed tho? It looks almost as good as native 4K

pcpartpicker.com/list/TYCCRJ

Can someone please confirm these are compatible before I spend money?

Attached: 1492870411560.png (756x783, 184K)

the fix is still pretty bad detail wise and again it doesnt work outside 4k

How likely are water leaks? I'd hate to lose my GPU or any parts to that, makes me just want to get a tower cooler and call it day

no memory and storage? add them even if you already got them

avoid cooler master and always looks for reviews is what I was told
it just happens. might take years but it can happen

Man, Speccy is a broken piece of shit. No matter what Ryzen CPU you have it will always display your temps as hovering at around 80+ degrees. Plus it shows a 11gb GTX 1080ti as having 3gb of VRAM. It's just broken to fuck.

Was thinking of getting this one
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181140&Description=h60&cm_re=h60-_-35-181-140-_-Product
But now I'm not so sure because I'd fucking HATE for a water leak to happen, what are some good tower fans?

I agree it's not perfect, but 120 degrees with the knowledge I might have done something wrong is enough for me. I'll just get a good old cooler to attack with screws, this wacky mechanic is just not trustworthy.

pcpartpicker.com/list/nrNs3b

I'm using a MSI B250 at the moment and it's dying, I've already burned through 4 of them so I'm transplanting my CPU/GPU and RAM, upgrading to SSD.

Water leaks are a meme really.

Is there any benefit to cable sleeving or is it just for looks? I don't have a case window and my PC sits on the floor out of sight.

Attached: 5175_14_case_smithing_getting_started_with_cable_sleeving.jpg (620x465, 57K)

I'm weighing my options. I want to game at 1440p. Mainly looking at the RTX 2060, 2070, and 2080. Not interested in pre-RTX cards, at minimum I will get 2060. Assuming everything else is high end which should I go for?

A little more detail. I could afford the 2080 but that's twice as much as the 2060 and might be overkill for my needs. At 1440p I've seen that the 2060 can handle most games and I'm not interested in huge triple A titles like Assassin's Creed or Tomb Raider or whatever else people like to use as benchmarks these days. I play fighting games, emulate games, stream, play indies, modern JRPGs and RPGs in general, and stuff like that.

Basically I have almost zero interest in most titles that people would use as benchmarks. Assuming all of that which GPU should I get?

Attached: 1536840745326.png (672x577, 384K)

Best HDD for storing non bandwidth intensive content like videos and etc? Would prefer a low noise one

Speccy says I run my 2600x at 100-120 degrees depending on what's happening.

You're fine user, if you want to actually monitor your temps use AMD master

it looks good actually

if you want a tower cooler just go for the huge ones. 2 fans are a meme unless you got dual tower

better airflow and good looks. will also help when you need to change anything inside anyway

2060 is fine for 1440p
I'm using a vega 56 at 1440p and it's more than enough, 100+ fps on resi 2/dmc 5/division 2
2070 isn't worth the price increase and the 2080 is too expensive, 2060 will last until next gen GPUs/consoles are out

consider rtx slashing your fps in 30% or so in case your gaems of vidya implement rtx
is 2080 still it?

frankly just wait for 21xx series

>better airflow
cant this be achieved just by shortening the cables?

Ya was thinking of getting it but I'm afraid of water leaking now and I'm not quite sure how you keep these things maintained.

A lot of these tower fans seem really fine, is there anything I should be looking out for?

I wouldn't. Why not get the i7 for your socket while you're at it? Then you won't be bottlenecked, and you can buy whatever fits your budget

Currently I have a 4930k OC'd to 4.2GHz. Should I go for a Xeon e5-1680 v2, replace most of my PC, or am I good for now? How long does my 6c machine have until it's too old?

Attached: speccy.jpg (716x536, 102K)

I'm gonna be honest with you
if you lost 4 mobos, your cpu might be at fault.
I think a i3 of 8th gen would really outpower that dual core of yours

Speccy is fucked with ryzen. Speccy shows mine as 80c+ when it's actually 27.

Use HWmonitor instead.

the fittings should be metal.
I got a plastic one and it was so hard to install I had the feeling the mobo was gonna split apart. now I'm afraid the plastic will dry and crack.

The first three mobos set on fire, the fourth one bricked two hard drives and killed a ram stick.
I'm completely open to suggestions though