Let me put this to you again

All linux users
navigate to /etc/machine-id
you see that file
that contains a code that uniquely identifies your computer, yours and yours alone.
it is a file put there by systemd
now what do you do about that file?

freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/machine-id.html

Attached: 1551369261700.jpg (516x640, 106K)

Install gentoo and use OpenRC

/thread

Attached: 1526039331529.png (615x615, 98K)

I just cat /etc/machine-id on a gentoo non systemD system and it returned a hash. what do.

What do think about MAC addresses then? Are they literally Goebbels since you think a local ID is Nazi-like?

$ cd /etc/machine-id
bash: cd: /etc/machine-id: No such file or directory

This is made by dbus, not systemd

remember to remove fstab as well.

>cat /etc/machine-id: No such file or directory
debian + sysvinit

If you are running systemd then you deserve what is coming to you.

based

Attached: 1533011491386.png (996x560, 554K)

File systems have unique identifiers too. Stop using file sytems.

Are you fucking serious

[@Thinkpad ~]$ cat /etc/machine-id
cat: /etc/machine-id: No such file or directory
[\@Thinkpad ~]$

Ebin, I use void btw.

sudo ln -sfv /dev/null /etc/machine-id

???

Your point?

~ $ cat /etc/machine-id
cat: /etc/machine-id: No such file or directory

CIA NIGGERS BTFO

Attached: 1542041907516.png (810x1318, 1.25M)

Dead serious

We should scrub all MAC addresses. Then the spooks can't use the internet either.

I agree, and IP addresses as well. OP concern trolling over a local ID however is retarded.

>All linux users
I think you mean all systemd users. Systemd is optional, at the expense of Gnome (which sucks anyways). I run Devuan and don't have this problem.

Based.

Redpilled. Punch cards for the win.

>run cat /etc/hostname
>it has the name of my computer in it
What the actual fucking fuck is going on. These systemd terrorists have gone too far.

You can't read from /dev/null. Use /dev/zero instead.

Retard. Go back to Windows

How many red flags do people need shoved in their face before they opt out on RedHat's embrace, extend, extinguish plan for Linux?

Linux is a kernel. There's no systemd in Linux.

Very true. You have Linux running in your systemd operating system.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, systemd/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, systemd plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning systemd system made useful by the systemd corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the systemd system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of systemd which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the systemd system, developed by the systemd Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the systemd operating system: the whole system is basically systemd with Linux added, or systemd/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of systemd/Linux.

You're being pedantic and conveniently ambiguous.

I take that back, the OP was unintentionally ambiguous.

Fucking checked
But note that if you're angry about cd-ing to a file, the error message should have been "not a directory". The message "no such file or directory" means it just doesn't exist, period

What could have been.

Is it safe to delete it?
If not, is there a safe way to delete it?

Great. Now try to use systemd without Linux. Good luck with that

>identifies your computer
The installation, not the rig. If you are this autistic, use live images, like tails or whatever.

Thank you very much, that scumbag made me doubt it.