Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: nyaa.jpg (736x736, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That better be a boy.

NFS share (EXT4 external hdd on ubuntu) being accessed by Windows is extremely slow. What do??

Years ago there used to be a Chinese App Store to install free shit on iOS devices, no jailbreak needed. Is there anything similar for iOS 12?

it is.
It's probably the external HDD. In my experience external drives, at least ones connected over USB 2.0 and 3.0, are very very slow overall.

By slow I mean like Windows Explorer hangs while accessing the drive.

That could be a number of things. It could be what I said (the fact that it's external). It could be a slowness in Windows's NFS implementation. it could be your Windows install itself being slow.
If you set the NFS share to be a directory on the internal drive of the ubuntu system, is it still very slow?
If you try to connect to the NFS server from another Linux OS, is it still very slow?
Have you defragged your Windows hard drive lately? Is Windows slow in general or just this one action?

(Reposting as last thread filled)

Hey /sqt/, hoping for some confirmation on my findings on an issue I've been having with my PC:

i7-7700 CPU
ASUS STRIX 270G Mobo
16GB RAM
250GB Samsung SSD

Recently been having an issue where the PC will just turn off randomly, usually under high workloads (gaming or rendering). It will just go off as if the power had been removed. After that, the power button will not turn the PC back on (sometimes, the PC will do a mini-start where the fans spin up and the lights on the mobo go on, but then will turn off immediately). To get it running again, I usually have to unplug it and then change something on the PC (re-seat RAM/Video Card or clear CMOS) and then, when I plug it back in, it will turn back on. Then it will run perfectly until it randomly dies again or I start doing something that takes more resources.

I replaced the RAM, video card and SSD (reinstalled Windows as well) but the issue's still happening. I don't see any heat warnings and temperatures seem to be fine all around. I'm guessing it's either the CPU or the MOBO.

Anyone have suggestions? (pic slightly related, it's my case)

Attached: sweetpic1-1.jpg (470x380, 50K)

Depends on where it was on the PCB.

Sounds like your PSU is fucked,specially with the power button ceasing to function.
What wattage and rating is it? How old is it?

Just an [semi] educated guess: Since it happens during heavy load, it could be your PSU is overheating causing it trip its overheating protection (usually a thermistor). It's not unplugging, re-seating RAM, clearing CMOS and so on that fixes the problem, it's letting the PSU cool down enough so the thermistor doesn't choke it.

Do you have any way of measuring power draw at the plug?

I want to use 4 usb-controllers on a laptop that only has 3 usb ports, will a divider fuck up any inputs or are there better ways to go around this ?

Attached: 5771686.png (213x204, 93K)

>Keyboard 'special character' inputs fuck up (e.g. " and @ swap, ~ is now top-left etc.)
>No idea why, obviously
>Logitech G105, so look at the ''''gaming software'''' it comes with
>Software's layout image is ANSI
>KB is ISO
>Fuck's sake
>None of the W7 english profiles change anything useful
What do

I had the same problem with a cheapo build of mine, I am guessing PSU first and mobo at an unlikely second

some games change the language layout of your keyboard

How do I setup my computer as a proxy on linux?

I'm trying to use wireshark to packet capture my wiiu but my wifi adapter does not support promiscuous mode, so instead I want set my computer as a proxy to route my wiiu's traffic through my computer.

>About to say it's not a regional issue
>Check quickly
>Special characters ARE different between ANSI/ISO, US/UK
>Weird, why didn't it change earlier when messing with it
>Try UK region again
>It works
>???
Fuck me for not trying it after I reinstalled the Logitech stuff, I guess...?

Attached: How DARE you.png (190x341, 56K)

everything is fine now ?

I asked this a few days ago, but didn't get a response.
Why doesn't my iphone connect to my wifi anymore? It just like flashes on and off three times and then doesn't try connecting again. After I asked the first time it randomly came back on and was working for about 3 or 4 hours. Then I locked the screen and it's never worked since then regardless what I do.
Is it more likely to be my router or my phone? A few weeks ago my computer was constantly disconnecting and reconnecting from the internet (wired) and I didn't have any problem with the wifi. Now I have no problem with the computer and a problem with my wifi.
Pls frens I need music (._. )

hAve YoU trYieD tuRninG it Off aNd oN agIaN ?

It's a Silverstone Strider Gold S 75W, about 2 years old

Not currently

It might be. The reason I think it's the mobo is, before the straight shutdowns, I was getting bluescreens, but I still was seeing the power button issues. Ever since the ram swap, new HDD and new windows, the blue screens are gone but the hard shutdowns are happening

Planning on making a new build with the am4 platform and I was thinking if there was gonna be any complications moving my ssd/boot drive to another computer? Should i make some preperations?

Hello, Samaritan, and thank you for your concern. I have tried all of the available online information aside for using a different router and replacing the wifi antenna.

If I replace PoW in blockchain with PKI/signatures, does it mean I'll get fully controllable crypto currency?

I havent had experience with apple since my iPod touch died, are other phones/iphones able to connect to your wifi ? If yes, its your iPhone, try resetting the wifi connection. If that doesnt work I cant help you

I have no other devices I can check with. I only have my old laptop and I think it's kill. I'll dig it out though and see if I can get it working. I've tried resetting the wifi a few times, but that doesn't work neither.
Thanks though.

Did you try CTRL+SHIFT ?

>resetting the wifi a few times
as in "holding down the wifi name and then pressing the red forget network button or smth like that" ?

I knew there was something I hadn't tried. Thanks my black, I'll try that now.

ye

Not at the time, I did disable that shortcut after I noticed it though. It was probably the cause.

I recently purchased a M.2 SSD (256GB) for my Acer Nitro 5 and am running into an issue. I want to move my OS to it and have it as bootable but it is smaller than my current HDD (1TB). All software I tried to use does not work because I keep getting errors that the target drive is smaller than the source. I am not trying to transfer all my data, just the OS.

Is that even possible?

I was thinking on last case scenario on just installing a fresh copy of W10 on the SSD trough a recover drive (had one done since I bought the machine) but am not too sure on how to proceed.

Basically, I want to use the SSD as the OS and TB for storage (like steam games and movies)

Any suggestions or tips would be helpful.

lol I need spoonfeed. So, partition my ssd ?

>move everything you want to keep on hdd
>disconnect hdd
>reinstall windows/memeOS on the ssd
>???
>profit ?

I was thinking on that route, but would the recovery USB made within windows be enough?

>the recovery USB made within windows be enough?
just put everything you want to keep on the hdd and then disconnect it

thanks user. I guess I am just overthinking it.
Will try and update shortly

The partition size of the source doesn't matter, but you can only clone it when its actual contents are small enough to fit onto the destination drive.

guys pls help, this is semi important

Attached: 265+177126.png (292x300, 81K)

Just try it, come back if it doesn't work. Where is the excitement in certainty?

>Where is the excitement in certainty?
no excitement in paying 10 bucks for a "maybe"

Is there a way to use noscript captcha without having to disable javascript? Something like what 4chanX does.

Attached: 1544100106535.png (197x185, 92K)

What's the easiest way to crack lateset version of Photoshop?

>latest
fuck

Just crack an old version or buy the new one.

unironically the reddit guide worked for me

There’s tons of excitement in a $10 maybe.

If you can shrink the partition size on the 1tb hdd to 256gb you can restore partition to partition,

Which one?

Routerfag of yesterday.
For reasons I need to open ports, turns out that, after doing some investigation, I found the correct User and Password for my Cisco DPC 2420 router (Admin and W2402)
However, while it passes the password requirement, I'm greeted with the next:

>This feature is not enabled.
>This feature has not been enabled in your cable modem.

Given, I still didn't reset to factory default and didn't unplug the internet cable during inserting the password, so that might be the a possible explanation.
However, after some lurking, I stumbled upon this 'cURL' program that apparently bypasses this problem and lets you reconfigure your router.
However, I'm still not sure nor certain if this can be trusted. Also I read that ISP's tend to not share router information, although I take it with a grain of salt.
Suggestions?

Do I actually need antivirus software?
If I do, which one should I pick? I've tried asking Google but all the information I could find sounded like advertising for antivirus software, you know?

If you have to ask then probably yes. Windows Defender, Kaspersky free or Btidefender free are good options, choose one you like the most

Curl is just a command line tool for transferring data. How exactly are you bypassing whatever obstacles your ISP have put up?

Windows defender is pre-installed isn't it?

I have an older desktop, and got an SSD to put Linux Mint on (my OS of choice). But, the BIOS doesn't have an option for AHCI, even after updating it. The choices are IDE or RAID. Which one would be the best case scenario? Does it even matter?

No

RAID usually works on top of AHCI, at least on modern hardware.

The 3dmark for my 2700x/gtx970 is literally half of what it should be. Where is a good place to start troubleshooting the issue?

Attached: file.png (974x737, 258K)

>Where is a good place to start troubleshooting the issue?
Monitor temperatures during the benchmark

What does that mean, exactly?

You might still be able to access some AHCI features under RAID. If it's an Intel chipset anyway.

OP here.

Is there a way to transfer the installed apps from the old main hdd (which is now drive D) to my new solid state OS drive (drive C). It sure would be a pain to install all my programs again one by one.

I just replaced my old TV's display panel, however the models aren't exactly the same (S4000 replaced by S4010) but otherwise look and act identically. This was my first time disassembling and assembling a TV, and everything seems to work fine when I turn it on, but I'm worried it might catch on fire or something because the models don't match up or I put something back incorrectly, how valid are my fears?

Everything powers on fine, and it looked good for ~10 minutes of testing.

Attached: 1552783152895.jpg (976x622, 156K)

Got a stupid question

Got an old PC with Windows Vista Business with 2 user accounts with passwords

IS there anyway to reset the user passwords to access the data without factory resetting

Please be kind I never had to bypass old passwords

Attached: 1524826817171.jpg (1438x1415, 119K)

Thank you for your replies. I'll check if there's significant difference with RAID.

gpu max is 76
cpu max 83 at the peak of the cpu test, but normally stays at 65.
doesn't seem nearly high enough to start throttling

Give it back Jamal.

what can I use to get preview icons for webm files in winblows 10?
follow up, what was webm for retards renamed to?

Attached: 1465706358532.png (440x254, 19K)

is it possible to search for a post on a chan archive containing only an exact phrase? e.g. i want to search using the phrase "I like cats" and get only results saying "I like cats" and not ones saying "I like cats and dogs"

nope

i use icaros for thumbnails

>webm
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

You're not running anything in the background that could screw with the results? What's the average clock speed of the GPU during benching? How is performance in other applications?

I'm exporting a video in vegas these are the default settings matched to my source video (an old loony tunes cartoon) what exactly would jacking up the bitrate do other than doubling the file size?

I don't know what the fuck i'm doing for the record

Attached: settings.jpg (879x854, 105K)

>I found the correct User and Password for my Cisco DPC 2420 router (Admin and W2402)
I literally brownsed for passwords and users names and found these two that helped me pass the login requirement

is there an official site for icaros?

I'm guessing it wasn't the admin account you put a password on earlier then?

Anyway, what wanted to know is how you were going to use cURL to bypass restrictions set by your ISP? I'm curious to know since the ISP might just have edited a navigation page, while leaving all the actual configuration pages intact. If that's the case, and you knew the file names, then it'd be possible to navigate to them manually.

Are you sure you absolutely positive you have to open some port(s)? That generally only happens for very specific reasons and ISPs make it difficult for the reason that it's not so great from a security standpoint.

>what exactly would jacking up the bitrate do other than doubling the file size?
Theoretically it allows the compression algorithm to be less destructive, making the resulting video more closely resemble the original. If the bitrate is already sufficient to accurately represent the original video, however, it's not going to do anything.

I feel like a fucking idiot.
I got a new processor+mb+ram combo for my machine (used to run an i7-950).

I got a ryzen 5 2600 and now my graphics drivers crash whenever I go into a game.

my graphics card is a gtx 1080. I've tried reinstalling the drivers with no luck.

what the fuck do I do here senpai

how many of you Jow Forumsays use programming socks?

What is your PSU rated at? Do you get any error messages?

750 watt, it says the graphics driver hangs

And everything is connected as it should be? 8/6+2 pin connector looking as it should?

Anyone recognize this iOS Jow Forums app? Judging from the button icons, it doesn’t look like Fortune, TheChan, or Tetra to me.

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 368K)

thx m8

what cooling solutions are you using?
what OC is done?

Can I specify qutebrowser's cache directory or is there no way to set it?

Alright, anons, I have owned a Unicomp Endura Pro keyboard for a good while now and the trackpoint has never worked. I have tried to use it on Windows 10, on a thinkpad, and on Arch with no luck. Can any one help?

Can I add drives at will with openmediavault like unraid can?

What specs should I looks for in a laptop, to shit post, play rpgmaker(script heavy) games, renpy "games", maybe Netflix, YouTube and Hulu watching.

I would want to do those comfortably for 3 years.

[spoiler]is that a boy or a girl[/spoiler]

Why is there no "Find in this Page..." in the firefox context menu but instead shit like email this image or send page to device?

Is there a way to change the default DNS from 8.8.8.8 on Android without any VPN bullshit?

I think you need one of the following:
>root
>vpn
>static IP on wifi

I have the first. What's the root method that works for Oreo?

Is there a tiling WM for Windows with gaps?

Attached: bmzch32wprdz.png (1366x768, 230K)

If I want to make change to a program and build it from source, do I have to uninstall the previous version that I installed from pacman first?

Hello everyone. I just deployed my first web app using Nginx, Node, and MySQL. Nginx acts as a reverse proxy and load balances multiple instances of my node app being managed by pm2. The node apps access mysql.

If I wanted to move this entire thing to docker, so that I can eventually use Kubernetes to manage and scale, how should I do this?

Should I use a MySQL container and have it run separately, and then have a Docker image of my Node app? For the short term, I assume I'll need to use an Nginx container as well, as it will likely take me time to get setup with Kubernetes.

In the end, I don't actually need an Nginx container, right? Since Kubernetes will manage it for me. But I actually also use Nginx as a virtual host, hosting two websites. Can Kubernetes do this as well?

Also, how do I get my Node container to talk to my MySQL container? I tried using localhost when connecting with the mysql package for node, but it doesn't seem to work when mysql is on my local machine. Why is this all so complicated?

Attached: dockersockerlockercrocker.png (255x197, 4K)

AquaSnap seems to be the way to go for tiling on Windows, but it's paid (free trial though). If you search around you may be able to find a free option.
Technically Windows already supports tiling by dragging and holding a window against the side of the screen, but you won't get any gaps that way.

>you need to do hacky shit just to change your DNS
wow mobile OSes are really cucked

if not just employ symlinks

>you need to do hacky shit just to change your DNS
You don't, but you do have to put up with a lot of bullshit if you want do it the non hacky way.

Where can I go to find information on input lag for laptop monitors? This is a huge deal because some "gaming" laptops can go above 20ms (picture related: Predator 17 G979379V5), supposedly. I want a laptop with g-sync and If I get fucked with terrible input lag, with g-sync on, I'm going to flip my shit. Why is it so god damn hard to get vsync and no input lag without being fucked buying the most expensive hardware?

Attached: 1521455622845.jpg (394x325, 16K)