Why does Jow Forums hate this so much?

Why does Jow Forums hate this so much?

Attached: Archlinux-icon-crystal-64.svg.png (1024x1024, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBhu5oxWKWI&t=96
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why do you make such shit threads?

It's instability and technical obtuseness I guess

I'm bored

>it is instability
arch haters in a nutshell

Manjaro users hate it because they're somehow too retarded to install it

Everybody else hates it because the community is fucking shit between the elititsts who think the distro should be hard to install/use to make it some sekrit club and the underage morons who feel the need to spam their "rice" in desktop threads and talk about "I use arch btw" instead of actually using their computer.

anyone who thinks Arch is difficult to install is a brainlet

I never claimed otherwise.

It pushes rapid full system updates, including updates that should not have been released and will be reverted or fixed before reaching stable distros.

I don't hate the distro, I hate the fuckwits that form the community and the way they think that they're better than everyone.

I never had a problem with it but it's easily my least favorite independent distro. it feels so big and bloated compared to gentoo or a minimal debian install and I'm just not comfortable with it at all but I do understand why people use it

the only one who thinks Arch is difficult to install are Arch users.

install gentoo

>Jow Forums users complaining about an elitist and hostile community

Jow Forums hates arch? Well fuck them then. I use arch btw.

Been using arch forever. Installing gentoo as we speak. arch on one hard drive gentoo on the other. excited about finding out once and for all which is better.

arch is pretty dope though

really now? that sounds like projection because most Arch users I've run across say it's fairly easy to install; the ones who have never tried installing it or the ones who failed to follow directions are typically the ones that claim it's a difficult OS to install.

they simply hate what they dont understand...

Attached: 1531169611745.jpg (1128x984, 181K)

>instability and technical obtuseness
Lies
never had "pacman fuck up my xorg.conf" or any other bullshit claimed by arch haters

arch in itself isn't "hard" to install it's just different from what some people might be used to. I did fuck up the install a couple of times before I managed to do it right, and it was all because of me not reading the instructions clearly

>they think that they're better than everyone
that's because we are

kek

It's often just because people mess up at the bootloader part not knowing how gpt uefi or mbr bios works and what they should use.

because they failed to install it

Because of that picture of the one obese guy wearing an arch Linux tshirt

sour grapes or tsundere

Attached: install fucking arch shinji.png (2300x2877, 1.52M)

Attached: arch_retardation.png (1682x2684, 292K)

youtube.com/watch?v=OBhu5oxWKWI&t=96

Attached: arch_too_easy_to_install.png (3300x6993, 1.54M)

>and only because we stole code
you obviously don't understand open source

Arch is for people who think they're too good for other binary distrubtions, don't know you can install them in the exact same way you can with arch (people act like booting up to a terminal and having to install xorg and DE is some sort of exclusive feature), and for people who can't install Gentoo.

Source based distributions are the only ones where a convoluted install procedure is actually warranted because of the freedom of choice they provide by being source based.

Attached: arch_is_not_minimalist.png (1169x3679, 513K)

imagine being this butthurt about somebody using a different OS than them.

>typical human being who needs a computer for work
implying anyone on Jow Forums works
also using this much time to make this picture proves you have no job

I just hate their irc faggots that spend all their time in a help channel not wanting to help people. I'm there sometimes offering my knowledge to noobs asking questions and there are about 4-5 autists that yell at people if they don't ask their question the exact way they want.

It's given me terminal retinal cancer.

Not butthurt about people using it, I think my butthurt just comes from the side effects of some of their communities retardation sometimes.
>He thinks because its the first time hes seen the pic its original content, especially on Jow Forums

Attached: Arch_Comic_1.png (650x4377, 871K)

Only people that doesn't use arch hates arch.

I dont get the struggle to install this thing at all?
I've only ever istalled OSes through a GUI installer until yesterday and had no trouble just looking it up when I got stuck.

The only thing I messed up first time around was changing the root into the new partition, still took under an hour to get the base OS booting. From there it was more or less the same as everything else

t. guy who couldn't install arch

I can't unsee it.

Attached: 1552219644704.png (1000x1000, 76K)

Looks like reddit is living rent free inside that tiny head of yours.

based jahy poster

Attached: ah.png (1222x841, 710K)

>technical obtuseness
read: Jow Forums has too many brainlets that can't follow a wiki

Show me one wiki that wasn't made for brainlet usage, though.

indeed, and most of Jow Forums can't even muster that level of comprehension

> really now? that sounds like projection because most Arch users I've run across say it's fairly easy to install
really now? Cause I have installed arch many times. I have it installed right now on one of my hard drives.
It is not easy to install. You know what's easy to install? any other distro but arch.
no distro needs you to follow directions from a wiki to install. You just need to click next a couple times in a gui and that's it. And you still have the option to configure your partitions or whatever if you want.
And why does arch do this? Because of elitism. There is literally no reason for this, other than so arch manchildren can feel like they are superior to other nerds.
You know who can install arch? Everybody in the world with half a brain.
But nobody actually wants to. Because there is no reason to go through this process.
Just because I don't bang my head against the wall, does not mean I can't. I just don't want to.
And rolling release model is just retarded. Why would I need the newest package all the time and have to update my whole system every few days?
I'm not saying it's gonna break, unless you forget to update for a while. But there is absolutely no fucking reason anyone would need this, other than to feel superior to other nerds, because they have bigger numbers in their software. So it's nothing but a waste of time and an unnecessary liability.
And finally arch greatest accomplishment, the aur. Why would I use this, and trust some random dude who uploaded his shit there?
And don't tell my you check the source for every package you install because I know you don't. Or you wouldn't be using arch in the first place.

>mom,

>I have installed arch many times.
>follow directions from a wiki to install
You should be able to do it by heart by now

kek
thank for proving my point manchild

shut up faggot you make me sick

>Arch users
Look at me I am eating dogshit. This is sooooooooo easy. You guys must be so retarded for not doing this.
>Gentoo users
Literally swimming in piles of shit. Haha you arch faggots are such brainlets.
>Everyone else
Looking in disgust. trying not to vomit

because shipping dev packages in every program is retarded
because 700 packages in archlinux means 1800 in ubuntu
because it's a circlejerk project, they just package things and don't contribute to the broader ecosystem (linux)
no added value over any other distro (compiler options or arch-only tools)
they don't care about pro world so the pro world does not care either
the project exists on the fringe of the linux ecosystem
standard config policy of packages is retarded, they claim that systemd makes things easier yet these dipshit don't want to auto add/start non-conflicting services to systemd. We're not in the 90s anymore it's piss easy to automate this without ANY breakage.
jsut use gentoo at this point if you want control over your system within a TRULY competent ecosystem.

I can live with non-lts ubuntu versions + some newer self-compiled non-critical programs.

Baseado e vermelhopilado

Attached: 1544902272261.png (1000x916, 50K)

not hate to the distro, but mostly to shillfags in general

why?

I think it is a meme to hate on arch because after all the shitposting I decided to check it out myself and to my surprise, it has worked without a notch since I installed it. It only has whatever I want installed and it hasn't broken so far.

I legitimately think it's just tradition at this point.

how did I prove your point moron?

Just as much a meme as hating boomers. Nobody know why they do it they just know they're supposed to do it.

That's a bad comparison because there are legitimate reason to hate boomers.

Please do not try to piggy back off my post, thank you.

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand Gentoo. The UI is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of UI/UX design most of the elements will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also the terminals complex nature, which is deftly woven into its code- its core design draws heavily from Linux/GNU literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these lines of code, to realise that they're not just brilliant- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Gentoo truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the elegantness of the creators phrase, "Year of the linux desktop", which itself is a cryptic reference to Torvald's epic "Linux/GNU Kernel". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Danniel Robbins genius wit unfolds itself on their monitors. What fools.. how I pity them. :) And yes, by the way, i DO have a Gentoo tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

people like this actually exist. kys

I've used arch in the past but got annoyed by Pacman and the aur. I just find debian's repositories more sane.
Idk arch just feels counterintuitive for your average Linux user. Kind of like gentoo for someone that doesn't need anything more than clover. It's a lot of extra effort for zero reward unless you really want that level of customization.

Same reason why /p/ hates bridge cameras

Attached: arch copypate new version.jpg (1080x6626, 1.55M)

fuck, I used arch for a long time and every single line of this is true arch linux is stupid

>run arch on both my desktop and laptop
>do some work on laptop and run pacman -Syu before shutting down
>next day at a client company
>memepad won't boot because some shit got broken after the update
>have to use arch iso to repair it
Good thing I just needed my computer to check some stuff online and nothing crucial.

Still running Arch everywhere like the retard I am.

Because it's like Windows 10 Updates on steroids.

If only there was a distro that frequently pushed out packages to the masses while also doing bare minimal competency tests on them first.

(And yes wah wah init systems, but if you're using Arch already you're probably not in that crowd.)

Attached: 1024px-Fedora_logo.svg.png (1024x1024, 55K)

most arch users are total brainlets
its pretty well established that the only reason people switch to arch is to feel and look l33t, without the need to actually accomplish anything
whats funny to me is that they would get more rep from using something like gentoo or linux from scratch, and the fact that they don't proves they are too dumb for it

Because it's just not polished enough. Nobody wants to spend an hour reading how to install it (why they don't make a minimalist cli installer beats me) then go through the process of installing the de, then individually install all the software you need when you could install Mint and get to work. That's fine if you want to do that go ahead but the vast majority of us just want to click through an installer that takes about 15 minutes, and then get on with our lives. Not to mention there's a better distro for any situation. Minimalist just use Debian, bleeding edge just use Fedora, Stability use Ubuntu or Mint. The only major appeal of Arch itself is being a distro to tinker with. If you absolutely need arch it's just more worth your time to use Manjaro or Antergos.

>why they don't make a minimalist cli installer beats me
see

A FreeBSD style installer would be choice. But I chalk it up to laziness.

that's some nice font rendering