Is my Athlon X4 845 bottlenecking my gtx 1050ti?

Yeah yeah I know FM2+ is old as hell but the carrizo architecture runs at a cool 25c stock cooler. Games seem to run fine at medium but what will the future hold? Need to upgrade to ryzen soon?

Attached: athlon x4 845.jpg (695x700, 74K)

If you're into AAA games, then yes.

But, most sensible people have moved on that, so you don't need to upgrade in about 3-5 years.

Good to know, this rig has served me well but its time to move on. Can't wait for them 8 cores.

I mean, sure... if you really want to go all in AAA, then you'll want to upgrade to ryzen or kabylake/coffe lake, whateverlake.

Mostly because of frame times. (reducing stuttering)

Don't listen to diehard nerds tho, they want you to have the fastest and latest rig just for benchmaking purposes.

People who actually has bills to pay understands economy.

>locked, rehashed mobile CPU repurposed for desktop
but why. kaveri/godavari is faster than that specially when overclocked

This, I went with a 1950x Threadripper because I do CAD and Lightroom/Photoshop with some gaming, but like 99% of Jow Forums doesn't need that setup. Even I have to admit I went a little overkill with it, but I surmise it will serve me well for a very very long time and all I'll have to do is upgrade the GPU every few years.

If you are building a machine specifically for gaming, most games run fine on traditional desktop CPUs like Ryzen or Whateverlake. In gaming the difference between Threadripper and Ryzen is minimal despite the 400% price difference. If you aren't doing any kind of heavy lifting and just wanna cap some bitches in Unreal 4 or Quake Champions then Ryzen is perfectly fine.

that CPU ain't as bad as you'd think, and you can't really upgrade without a new mobo/ram.
I say stick with it until your needs change, the 1050ti is not being bottlenecked but you're really on the edge. A rx570 will prolly bottleneck, and a rx580/90 definitely will.

this is my favorite guy on Jow Forums. he gets scale of economy.

but agreed, you're kinda behind.

guy, i went full 4790k overclocked like two years ago.

does Jow Forums think i need to upgrade? i have a 1080 ti. actually i've had two of them. i know more than this board does about cpu's and gpu's. if this board knew what i knew historically it would have MADE money on gpu's instead of spent. anyway.

OP you will simply remove your bottlenecks when you upgrade cpu's. you won't really do jack shit for your gpu's.

Attached: 1461256413734.jpg (552x623, 77K)

Ryzen's latency will make you miserable. Input lag and microstutter from CCX design.

I forgot how cheap looking the old AMD stock coolers looked.
Intel didn't look much better but least it didn't look like random crap from Ali Express

If the rumors about the 3000 series R3 being 6c are true, get one. The IPC difference is enormous.

medium is fine
you shouldve bought an rx570 instead of a 1050ti though.
dont upgrade until zen2 comes out though.
Cuck Chumpions is by far the worst quake game ever made, and that includes Q4 after the physics change fucked everything and QL during forced-loadouts era.
Install Reflex Arena, Warsow, Xonotic, etc.
Unreal "4" doesn't exist, UT"4" (2015++++)'s prealpha has been in prealpha for years and development has ceased now that the team was pulled to create fortnite BR which ended up being a huge overnight success (literally coded in 6 weeks). UT will get no development for years, it is on total backburner. The current build is all you're going to get. It's fine for FFA and shit but duel is severely imbalanced and has been even during the ESL tournaments (for fuck's sake the last one I played used Bio launcher instead of bio rifle, broken as shit, got a few cheese wins with it)
Current QL is your only valid "populated" arena shooter with matchmaking; I play UT2K4 TAM still though.

>Input lag and microstutter from CCX design
Link or you're talking out of your ass.

Playing skyrim on my R5/RTX 580 vs my friends i7/1080ti

They both get the same FPS but his controls feel way more precise and interlocked with the mouse movements. With my computer it feels like a distinct layer between your movements and the camera movements on screen.

@70198737
Lazy bait.

That has absolutely nothing to do with your CPU/ GPU and everything to do with your mouse, keyboard, screen and software.

You absolute and utter retard.

Agree with this guy.

I wanted to upgrade from an i7 920 (a 10 year old CPU) but I was looking at a £500 minimum for a Ryzen mobo, cpu ram combo which would actually give me a noticeable performance increase.

Instead I picked up an Xeon W3690 off Aliexpress for £50 and overclocked it my RAM speed a little. Bam, 50% FPS increase for 1/10th of the price. I got a mortgage to pay off.

It's not.... Just disable all c states, sleep modes, and core parking. I've got that nifty CPU and run everything fine on a under volted 570

Stop playing graphically insane games like an idiot. This is why gaming peaked over 20 years ago and nearly everything since has been a waste of fucking time.

Ah yes shut off all vsynch and frame control. Also set your pre rendered frames to 1 (AMD alternative)

>R5/RTX 580 vs my friends i7/1080ti
>They both get the same FPS
NVIDIOTS BTFO

Attached: 1469664762970.png (498x724, 758K)

But res2 remake is one of the best games ever made, and one of the few, truly great modern games. My new pc was worth it for that alone. Next week it's sekiro time :)

> all that reddit spacing
> claims to know more than the entire board
i'm pretty sure you're just a larping retard.

580 the same as a 1080ti? damn why did I upgrade from a 580 to 1070 like a fucking idiot..

NOT

I was under the impression bugrim has an fps limit and if you disable it and go beyond that the physics and other things go all screwy.

There were no multiplayer games back then, that is you could not have fun with a friend across the world. Not only that but computers didn't have the hardware for complex realtime gaming like dark souls. Enjoy your shitty ultima

WTF
Stop lying
RX 580 8GB = GTX 1060 6GB, not more

>WTF
>stop lying
for once you're right but you need to stop writing like a god damn fucking turbo-autist

In most benches it actually has better min fps.

Stop recommending the 1050ti, it's the same price as the 570 now.