/spg/ - smartphone general

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

What the Fuck Is This Edition

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY (embed)

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: 7600nokia.jpg (550x407, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_346981.html
androidauthority.com/oneplus-6t-903717/
reddit.com/r/PocoPhones/comments/b1q81e/notch/
digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/glass-battery-technology/?utm_content=bufferd35f9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=dt-buffer&fbclid=IwAR3U2nk9vipWQfqT4Cyq-r1qmti6ClqXR8gNfOEz1JUM2G_1M2GBkoWF2YY
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_7-review-1883p3.php)
youtube.com/watch?v=PETD4l-vgLI);
gsmarena.com/poco_f1_lite_key_specs_revealed_through_geekbench-news-36035.php)?
youtu.be/vvW7wp855PU
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/reviews/samsung-m20-review-galaxy-m20-price-in-india-1985679
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Any chance that the OP7 will be $500?

What do you think the design will be the same as the OP6T or we'll get a mixup on buttons, fingerprint, and camera placement.

Attached: tricted.gif (336x252, 2.49M)

None. The leaks so far are pointing towards a similar design to the 6T, but with a triple rear cameras and a single pop-up front camera to eliminate the notch. OP6T was around $650 on release, so you can expect a similar or a slightly higher price for the 7.

I can see 679$ price tag for op7

Headphone jack gone too and no back fingerprint scanner to ever return? Real fucking shame.
OP is becoming samsung in 2016 with shit costing $600+, removing features people like because "industry leaders" do it and focusing way to much on camera shit that is a minute part of the phone.

And with my luck as a Burger, Poco, Xiaomi, Oppo, and all the god tier cheap Asus devices don't have US bands so I have to fucking suck up OnePlus as my only option.
At least the specs of OP7 are peak smartphone. Literally no reason to go higher than 6GB RAM and the 840 SN and higher are so damn powerful and efficient they handle everything but stresstest bullshit like nothing.

Attached: RRCPQtK.gif (245x295, 1.94M)

What are some good music players that have minimalist widgets with auto scrolling text? Black player does not auto scroll and can't install Poweramp because I'm not rooted.

>OP6T launched at $550
>any chance OP7 will launch for $500?
what the FUCK is wrong with poorniggers

Jesus Christ OneUI is bad. Why did they do this? Why did I let them install it?

Need a sweet smartphone

Carrier: Not sure. Unlocked?
Desired Features: Very good camera, 64-128gb storage, snappy UI
Budget: ~500 but ideally less
Size: Don't care

Attached: CT0aXmvUcAE4ACB.jpg large.jpg (600x442, 45K)

OP6 = $ 600
OP6T = 650
OP7 = 700
OP7T = 750
OP8 = 800

etc

I've always used the Xperia music player.

Pixel 3 LOL
OP6T was launched at $550 here

I recently got a Pocophone and I remember there was an option to hide the notch. I didn't use it at the time but now that I'm looking for it, can't find it.
Did they remove it from recent updates?

When the fuck is this no-bezel meme gonna end?
We need to ditch this notch/punchole shit
and get back to good quality stereo front-facing speakers and good gripability.

Attached: Charlotte-Bob-lost-in-translation-1041665_1920_1060.jpg (1920x1060, 472K)

That will never happen again
in 2 years Samshit will perfect the tech that gives you cameras and speakers under the display and everyone's gonna use it

m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_346981.html

Thoughts? This was apparently a $500 phone when it came out

Attached: yotaphone-ft.jpg (1200x745, 85K)

Talk me out of buying the Meizu 16th, /spg/.

I'm currently looking at it, but I'm afraid of the lack of proper software support.

Attached: file.png (500x500, 133K)

What is the newest phone that has a sliding full size keyboard?
Thinking of getting a (probably stolen) passworded N900 for $25, installing gentoo on it then phoneshitposting the night away with it.

Attached: screenshot.png (1414x826, 127K)

GSM modded Photon Q, Lineage Droid 4, Priv

smartphone? more like DUMBphone

Fxtec Pro1
Preorders are up and shipment is scheduled for July.

HAHA YEAH!

Attached: 24930958-high-five-concept-for-success-teamwork-congratulating-and-celebration.jpg (1300x866, 83K)

All the wacky old Nokia designs will always have a special place in my heart.

>OP6T was around $650 on release
Where did you pull this, from your ass?

androidauthority.com/oneplus-6t-903717/
>The OnePlus 6T costs slightly more than the 6 for the base model (6GB RAM / 128GB storage) at $549, but keep in mind that gets you double the storage of the base OP6. OnePlus will also sell an 8/128GB and 8/256GB model for $579 and $629, respectively.

reddit.com/r/PocoPhones/comments/b1q81e/notch/

>This was apparently a $500 phone when it came out
Yes, which was over 4 years ago. Now it's old shit.

Can't unlock the bootloader so you'll be stuck on Meizu's ROM and they don't seem very good at keeping their phones up to date.

Hardware is pretty much the same as a Nexus 5. Good screen and cpu for the price, but weak battery and camera. The epd gimmick is more useful than it looks, you get used to it eventually. Posting this from one, if you have more questions

Thanks. Is it hard to find a case that fits well and doesn't cover one of the screens?
Also, not really a problem for me but everyone round these parts makes a big deal out of any piece of hardware being more than a year old. Have you had any issues with the OS, features you miss etc?

Looks like an S9 from the front.

Just upgraded to a Oneplus 3T from Oneplus One, should I install a custom rom, or is Oxygen OS fine?

Need a phone with
>good batt life
>5.5 inch max
>headphone jack
>sd card slot
>fast enough processor better than my s6 edge

Poco washed on 90°C.

which is the best smartphone deal on ebay?
i have $150 to spend on a new phone

Attached: 1544362935508.jpg (228x309, 15K)

XZ 2 Compact or Pixel 3

>headphone jack

Your options are very limited with those requirements unless you're willing to get an older model. S10e comes to close, but it has slightly bigger screen than that.

Just go to gsmarena's phone finder and see what comes up with the stuff you listed.

Yeah I know, but with that manlets hand and those other requierment, you have very limited option

I agree. Imagine this with a roll out flex screen.

Attached: 1_dH86nEfTNMJ5c-qzOUHYIw.png (1200x847, 287K)

Battery life is finally about to get a massive boost. And it's not some bullshit words jumbled together to sound scifi by Ifuckinglovescience like GRAPHENE THORIUM QUANTUM BATTERY, it's by the guy who invented lithium batteries

>charge in minutes instead of hours
>doesn't start leaking or overheating
>3 times battery capacity
>far cleaner

digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/glass-battery-technology/?utm_content=bufferd35f9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=dt-buffer&fbclid=IwAR3U2nk9vipWQfqT4Cyq-r1qmti6ClqXR8gNfOEz1JUM2G_1M2GBkoWF2YY

Do any of the high end smartphones released recently have display with 90degree NON rounded corners and obviously no notch of any kind?

I really hate that everything is round these days shit, I want my display to be a fucking rectangle

Attached: 1544348509871.jpg (638x700, 91K)

Should I, Jow Forums?

Attached: file.png (2231x1209, 698K)

No, buy russian phone, support your local producers

Why don't they try that instead of the folding meme? Samsung showed that it's possible, and there would be no crease. Win win.

I Got an S10 and need a cover, was looking at the Clear View one, but it's not getting good reviews. Any suggestions?

It has bad battery life.

Where is the front camera? Is it a slider or a pop-up?

is there a non apple smartwatch with broadband yet? basically I want an apple watch but with the ability to transfer files directly.

Look closer, it's in the middle top where it's supposed to be ( in the waterdrop notch).

Battery life about to git gud.

See

Sounds like Onion (joke news outlet).

Disgusting.

Well you can read it on other news outlets too. It's the guy who invented the Lithium-ion battery everyone uses today claiming it. Not TheOnion or Ifuckinglovescience.

step back

Attached: sisx1_00.jpg (403x699, 58K)

First, I apologize for how long this is, but I thought it's better to give you all the details you need to give me a recommendation I will surely follow; so here it goes:
I was looking into buying the the Redmi Note 7 ( or another phone for the same or slightly higher price), but the problem is the Redmi Note 7 doesn't have the best display ( see: gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_7-review-1883p3.php) and its camera isn't any better than the RN5's (see: youtube.com/watch?v=PETD4l-vgLI); Should I buy it bc I'm being unneccesarily fussy and it isn't that bad, or should I wait for the global release of the RN7 Pro in the hope it's a better phone overall, or maybe I should wait for this (gsmarena.com/poco_f1_lite_key_specs_revealed_through_geekbench-news-36035.php)? I'm looking for the best experience out of my phone (screen, speaker and speed), I don't game much on my phone, but I plan to, and I don't use the camera that often, only for necessities (college papers and writing on board), but I'd like a good camera that wouldn't fail me, and I maybe want to pick up amateur photography if I have a good enough camera. However I don't know the basics of photography and wouldn't be that picky about camera: I just want a good camera that takes nice photos. Also, my budget is around 200 USD and, and the RN7 is around 240$ where I live (already over my budget), so the only way I'm getting the Pro is if it's significantly better than the RN7. It doesn't matter where I live or carrier (shitty third world country and carriers in here unknown to everyone on this board).
Thanks in advance!

poco 6gb 64gb
or
mi mix 2 8gb 128gb for the same price?
which one is better value for money? which one you guys would choose?

I wanna put a Sim Card reader on a Latte Panda (Raspberry pi on steroids)

What's the best way to do this without clustering so I can make a phone out of a Latte Panda?

youtu.be/vvW7wp855PU

Attached: file.png (860x496, 386K)

Oxygen is fantastic.

XZ1/XZ1C

It's disguised by the wallpaper
Samshit knows no one likes holes in their displays

XZ1

>400$
Amazing how this sub 100$ boards are priced this high.

>Samsung phones are literally blacked from the factory and you can't do anything about it

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-081148_Settings.jpg (1440x2960, 373K)

RN5 obviously since you can't go above your budget

You can't disable it? lol, what the hell does it do?

What do you mean?

I was afraid you were gonna say that; still gonna wait for a second opinion.

Should i pull a trigger on a mi mix 2s 64/6 for 300$
It has great community support and no notch
Does anyone has any experience with it

Don't worry about that display part, that's just the reviewer pissing around since it's not an OLED panel. All IPS displays look fantastic, it's just a meme. Go for the RN5, they both have practically the same ppi.

>all the utm_ shit in the url
>fbclid
user...

Poco of course.

Baste

I imagine it should be more or less as the mix 3 in which case it should be great. Especially for that price.

Need a sweet smartphone

Carrier: Not sure. Unlocked?
Desired Features: Very good camera, 64-128gb storage, snappy UI
Budget: ~500 but ideally less
Size: Don't care

Pixel 2 / 2 XL

I got my zenfone max pro m1 for 135 usd, see if you like it

thank you. Can you convince me more to go poco over it or is it no brainer? thank you.

$300-400

Good screen, camera, nfs, 3.5 jack

Attached: 15524074391150.jpg (2560x1920, 902K)

WE HAVE TO GO BACK
Progress was a mistake.

Attached: 1552786692492.jpg (1914x798, 885K)

Samsung s8

OK.

Samsung is putting ads in their phones now
gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/reviews/samsung-m20-review-galaxy-m20-price-in-india-1985679
>Unfortunately, another thing that hasn't changed is Samsung's eagerness to put ads everywhere. From the moment we first booted this phone, we were confronted by them. The entire lock screen is now an ad – Samsung has integrated an app called Glance that shows a different photo or promotional item each time you wake this phone from sleep. Not only are the captions distracting, but they displace useful notifications. In just the first few hours of using this phone we saw repeated clickbait messages to drive traffic to websites or apps. Sometimes we were prompted to vote in polls about cricketers or consumer product brands. Some of them were just flat our ads. If we had bought this phone, we'd be extremely aggravated by this level of intrusiveness, and we really think Samsung needs to dial back its monetisation efforts. Besides that, we also got the usual barrage of notification spam from the My Galaxy app and some of the other preloaded apps. No matter how many useful extra features a manufacturer's custom UI has, this is the kind of thing that makes us long for stock Android.

Attached: WHZA8Nk.jpg (800x574, 86K)

oneplus 6.

>thank you. Can you convince me more to go poco over it or is it no brainer? thank you.
Well, it has a newer SoC, a micro SD card slot and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Along with a 4000 mAh battery and excellent developer support. Almost all things the Mi Mix 2 doesn't have.

That's for Indian market dumbass. Shitskins can't afford a phone even with contract.

are you kidding?

I'll sooner cut my arm off than use a Samshit phone.

It ticks all the checkboxes

such is life in poo and loo

mar ja behenchod

PLS?

loo

where do you live? (almost) all phones in this price range have NFC only in certain regions.

How to Samsung midrange:
>give no fuck about specs, as long as the screen is amoled
>copy MIUI because pajeets praise that shit
>make absolutely sure to copy the ads
>turn them up a notch
>make the default wallpaper as dark as possible at the top
>????
>profit
Now they only need to lock the bootloader for Exynos models.

Redpill me on NFC. Why is it important?

it's important for mobile payments like google pay apple pay and that's about it

Do chink phones come with anticreep unremovable sound on taking a picture?

Xiaomi doesn't

s9 or s10e? upgrading from an iphone 5s so basically everything will be an upgrade

Fuck back fingerprint readers. I'm glad they're gonna die now.

Attached: 1550507557929.png (888x894, 520K)