Brave

What is Jow Forums's thoughts on this ?

Attached: Brave.jpg (700x500, 56K)

>muh fingerprint protection!
>doesn't work
Pointless.

We have this exact thread EVERY FUCKING DAY

and the the thread is started by the fucking same paid shill every fucking day

Wasn't it proved that these guys are sketchy af and selling ads?

It's ok on android but there's no reason to use the windows release.

Avoid it, use IceCat instead.

>injects their own headers into http requests
>not to be trusted
>the same ESL fuck (probably you) comes to this board to shill it every day

This.
Also who thought offering Tor tabs, but not spoofing the same information as Tor, was a good idea?

>want to stop using chrome
>don't like the firefox dev tools
>install brave
>brave is bad as well

oh heck

Attached: 1540021027798.png (657x600, 84K)

Trash on desktop, GOAT everywhere else

It's utter trash. Just another chromium skin. It's scamware, advertises itself as being privacy friendly and having fingerprint protection but it isn't and it doesn't have fingerprint protection. It's adblock doesn't block ads in search engines and it's objectively worse than uBlock Origin. uBO already exists and Brave could've easily adopted it as a default instead of making their shitty, dysfunctional advertiser-friendly ad"blocker".
There's literally no reason to use this over Firefox/IceCat/Librefox/Tor. If you want "muh chromium engine" then it's the only good browser to pick since it removes all Google's tracking by default. But you still shouldn't expect online privacy and still need uBO and uMatrix.

Someone answer me pls:

Between Brave Android and Opera Android, which is less botnet?

I have narrowed my choice down to these two in the context of a range of different reasons, so don't reply with
>hurr durr Firefox
>Icecat
>Bromite
>ungoogled Chromium
or anything else like that. I understand the reasons behind those recommendations in general, I use Firefox on desktop, but for Android I need one of these two. So just answer the question. Between Brave Android and Opera Android, which is less botnet?

Attached: opera logo.jpg (225x225, 7K)

What about Mozilla clear

Im retarded i meant Firefox klar

Ungoogled Chromium if you want the devtools and actual privacy.
If you can live without the devtools then IceCat or Firefox+Librefox.

These are the only viable choices. Welcome to to absolute state of browsers.

so weird they had to rename it for germs. it's called Firefox Focus everywhere else.

Fuck me and fuck their namin

>not that guy but
how do I make Ungoogled Chromium my default browser on Win7?
>I haven't figured out how to install on linux yet
be nice plz

Attached: 1530513472937.gif (500x300, 183K)

ungoogled chromium is lagging behind the /current/ chromium release. not a good sign for security

Absolute garbage.

depressing :(

looks like the windows release of ungoogled is lagging behind. i guess the sticking point is that after being in web dev for so long, i've used the chrome dev tools for 99% of the time. just used to it. i will dump ungoogled onto my mac but my windows pc where i do all my content consuming. who knows.

why are the mobile versions acceptable but the browser version is not

The mobile version isn't acceptable either. He's just a shill. And also, all mobile browsers are utter trash. The choices are webview or Firefox. The only good WebView GUI is Lightning, but it's abandoned so you have to compile it yourself with your own domain block list which isn't difficult but means that if a future bug appears someone will have to fork the project to fix it for every user. Brave is an ok WebView GUI, but it still has the issue all WebView browsers have, 0 necessary addons. Until you can get at least uBlockOrigin on WebView they're all unacceptable browsers. Which leaves you with Firefox. Firefox has basically all the desktop addons, but the engine isn't well optimized for Android so the only way to have a good browsing experience is to use uBO and block js and 3rd party scripts by default.

The latest mobile version moved tabs and other shit to the bottom of the screen but the address bar is still at the top and it makes me fucking SEETHE

>looks like the windows release of [anything] is lagging behind
how weird

/thread

No

Absolute garbage.

What's wrong with ff Dev tools?
I thought they took firebug and now they're good?

Just use chromium with ublock origin.

The ff dev tools are marginally better than Chromes since quiet some time now