Spacemacs

the perfect editor

Attached: spacemacs.png (1200x1200, 281K)

yes

neo/vi/m. Mousepad.

emacs with the packages that modify it to do the things you want it to > spacemacs

No need for neovim after vim 8

I disagree.

>only targeted for gui

Isn't building editor on top of vanilla emacs unironically easier? You only install packages you need, you know exactly what these packages do and why you use them.

I don't have time for that. I got a million other piece of shit tools to learn and configure, anything to reduce my work is welcome.

Kakoune master race

it's actually not, emacs out of the box is kek

How do I setup auto complete like in vim with ycm? I never see a pop up for function arguments or possible uses for namespace like std::
I use this in my dotfile
(auto-completion :variables
auto-completion-return-key-behavior 'complete
auto-completion-tab-key-behavior 'cycle
auto-completion-complete-with-key-sequence nil
auto-completion-complete-with-key-sequence-delay 0.1
auto-completion-private-snippets-directory nil
auto-completion-enable-snippets-in-popup t
auto-completion-enable-help-tooltip t)

Any way to disable modal in favor of Emacs-style chords in kak?

I once setup emacs with evil mode and messed around it with it for weeks, but never got into it and switched to VS-code as I found auto completion across large projects very difficult.

I wanna get back to it, but really need to learn emacs properly, so I can fix my own issues, any recommended books for for this?

just use clangd and some vim lsp implementation.

>bloated, slow as molasses piece of shit
no thanks

Attached: c2f.jpg.png (667x670, 648K)

if there was a way to port every spacemacs keybinding into emacs I'd definitely use regular emacs from now on

the space- keybindings are what make spacemacs hence the name. Try it, it's very intuitive, and made for people who are new not emacs veterans

use vanilla emacs with evil mode, faggot

>wanting to use inferior, RSI inducing keybinds
Learn Vim style, you'll thank me later.

Why use a ``customizable'' editor if all of the ``customizations'' are already made without your input beforehand? I'll never understand how anyone can be retarded enough to bother with anything emacs-like and not be able to customize emacs to their liking.

Fuck off, modal editing is objectively inferior.
You can set your keybinds to whatever is comfortable to use with your keyboard layout, but with vim you have to constantly switch modes for the most trivial shit, there's no way around it. I've used it for a long time, and still can't comprehend how so many have fallen for this horrible meme.

@70200179
>meme
. Didn't even bother reading the rest of your post.