Windows 8.1 fricking up my ssd

Dear Jow Forums

What do?

Attached: Sad.jpg (1920x1200, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wilderssecurity.com/threads/windows-10-which-services-disable.378804/#post-2517751
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

install gentoo

install GuixSD

install windows 10

Pajeets prefer 7.

How?

Op here.

I’m so sorry about spamming the board. I didn’t read the rules. I think my question is about advice.

Then let’s change the subject a little bit.

This is a bussiness Laptop. And windows 8.1 updates so much and trashes the ssd. clean install makes it worse.

And windows 10 is not an option.

What are you guys do to keep ssd lifespan longer?

That SSD needs replacing if it gets fucked up just by updates. Heck if your problem is updates, that'll be a problem in 7 as well (specially since MS seems to give more of a shit about it despite support ending sooner). Only advice there would be disabling updates or only installing them manually, and uninstalling onedrive if it's installed. Disabling defender is not the best idea but it's another thing you can do. Or use a linux distro, but you're gonna face similar problems anyways.

tfw my new ssd for is less than a year, windows 10 already use 1.5tb write.

>What are you guys do to keep ssd lifespan longer?
You don't, you just don't keep important data on it and then just replace it once it kicks the bucket. That's the kind of technology SSD is, speed comes with a price.

Windows 10 ltsc 2019

Stop using NTFS.

Modern ssds have indefinite lifespans don't worry bout it

Off topic, but do I -really- need an SSD?
Photoshop opens in like 7 seconds on my HDD.

>still thinking unreliable shitty SSD is a fucking option
Get a fucking HDD. All the exaggerated/special case benchmarks that claim SSD is INSANELY faster than HDD are lies. At best, SSD is SLIGHTLY faster in real-world use.

>BUT I INSTALLED WINDOWS ON MY NEW SSD AND IT BOOTS 500x FASTER
Because you reinstalled Windows, something that is known to crust itself up over time and become infinitely slower if not wiped and reinstalled.

Download crystal disk info and show us the health of the drive.

>a fucking 7 seconds for a fucking GIMP ripoff
Yes, you DO need an SSD

>Buy some no brand several years ago
>Runs real fast, no noise, no heat, no consumption, no fucking nothing
>Keeps going after formatting it a bajillion times and heavy writing, no tweaks, nothing other than maybe enabling TRIM
>Keeps going
>Still keeps going
>Use it on a different build, works fucking perfect
>Replace it with a hard drive because I want to get rid of that build
>Obnoxiously slow and noisy
>Next to unusable
>Feel so bad about it I put the SSD back

Goddamn. HDDs are objectively worse.

SSDs wipe themselves after being powered down for too long, so get fucked.

Maybe you should use them if you have them? Just an idea. You're not supposed to hoard JAV and store it in a closet.

Sorry, but in Europe we get a month of paid leave. Why should I have to hire someone to keep my data stored? The power needed to keep my PC on for a month would cost me pretty much all of my paid leave.

mine wrote 4tb just installing windows

...Then don't power it on for the whole month? Maybe once a week?

If I'm away for a month I basically have no choice. SSDs aren't worth the hassle of maintaining them.

>Not a single post pointing out that OP is underage
Hello am I the only one on this site for over a decade?

It's pretty much a given that Windows useds are underage.

I’m 29 years old you fucking idiot.

Anyways i downloaded parted magic and wipe the ssd, check the health thank god the ssd is fine.

Post the SSD information then.
What is the ssd model?

Disable SysMain service

Open up to services.msc and disable every single unneeded service, including Superfetch.
I personally use this list and it works just fine for me. Mind you, some of the services mentioned are not in Windows 8.1.
wilderssecurity.com/threads/windows-10-which-services-disable.378804/#post-2517751

Oh, Windows 8 exists.

Install Linux. I recommend Kubuntu.

fpbp
/thread

HDD sucks for system times. SSD has not only more throughput exponentially faster access times. Running an OS on a HDD boot drive is an exercise in frustration

this is why I still have hope for Jow Forums
based user

I use an old laptop hdd in my desktop as a boot drive and it only takes 30 seconds to boot winders
Ssd in next build though
T. Poorfag phoneposter

Utter meme
I have a shitty kingston 120GB with 20TB written on it, I now use it on my windows 10 build. I turn it on roughly every 6 months and the data is always there.

7 seconds is only on first boot, user.
And I'm not impatient.