Yo, bill

>yo, bill
>yeah
>where should we put the print screen button on our new thinkpad?
>I dunno, just throw it on the bottom row somewhere lol
>also make sure the function key is where people expect ctrl to be

Ahhh so this is the ultra-functional laptop I've been waiting for...

Attached: shitnovo.jpg (1060x596, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkwiki.org/wiki/Install_Classic_Keyboard_on_xx30_Series_ThinkPads
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The new layout sucks ass yeah. You can swap Fn + ctrl in the BIOS though if it's a problem for you.

its been like this for years, zoomerfag

>the function key is where people expect ctrl to be

fucking zoomers

It has always been a terrible design choice (in before m-muh easy thinklight access in the dark), and the first thing I do on thinkshits is swap the keys in the BIOS.

Does it really matter where Ctrl or PrintScreen buttons are ? The layout you're used to is just as arbitary, all that matters are the letter and number buttons, everything else is absolutely arbitary

swap i bios bro

(i hate they did this)

>new
I have a T430 with this keyboard. Sucks ass, I miss my T410.

It was only introduced like 6 years ago so it's pretty new still.
Also you're in luck, xx30 can still use the old keyboard.
thinkwiki.org/wiki/Install_Classic_Keyboard_on_xx30_Series_ThinkPads

>Also you're in luck, xx30 can still use the old keyboard.
I asked this question in /tpg/ and was told that I couldn't, wtf. I still have the T410's keyboard.. Will have to look into this.

You'd be surprised how useful it is.

That being said if you're using a ThinkPad anyway you should fucking know how to remap buttons.

The real tragedy is that all modify/extra buttons are the same size and colour which makes it hard to navigate out of your vision.
Louis does a good video on it famalama dingdong

the pageup and pagedown position is great tho

I was worried when I ordered one with that fn/ctrl layout and thought I'd need to swap it, but my finger hits the ctrl naturally and it's actually not bad at all

>I have autism

Ctrl matters, print screen is just an annoyance.

after some though I'd probably prefer home and end there instead

>>also make sure the function key is where people expect ctrl to be
But thinkpads have had fn on the left for a very long time, long before the nu-keyboards were introduced. It's been that way for at least 12 years

IBM pads from the early 90s had it on the left so it's been like that for over 25 years.

Fn and ctrl have been in those positions on thinkpads since at least 2004, probably longer

>yo bill
These things are made in China, not rural Montana

that's for **20 not **10, dumbfuck

This is why you stick with xx30 series with swapped keyboards

Dropping the context menu key was the most retarded decision.

>CTRL matters
why, I got used to the new layout very quickly

shut up, you bitchmade faggot

That's an x240

If you use keyboard shortcuts a lot, it makes a difference when Tab, Shift, and CTRL are all aligned to be the left-most keys on their respective rows.

Attached: Manjaro KDE.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Looks poopy

Technically speaking it is the left most software key. FN is a hardware modifier. It doesn't register as an actual key.

Not completely true actually - at least with older thinkpads, the Fn key was software readable in cases where you either held it down, or pressed and released it without pressing any other key in combination with it. It probably still works on modern thinkpads but I don't have one to check.

Fun fact: It can also wake a sleeping thinkpad.

Actually you're right it does register as XF86Wakeup. It can't be used as a software modifier is what I was thinking of.

As long as we're sharing fun facts, the F11 key without FN still doesn't register in linux 5.0

Attached: IMG_20190317_165338~2.jpg (1877x929, 192K)