Emoji 12.0 Now Available for Adoption

blog.unicode.org/2019/03/emoji-120-now-available-for-adoption.html
>With an emphasis on handicapability and the addition of over 170 new gender and skin tone variants, Emoji 12.0 is the most inclusive update yet!
You are going to adopt one, right user?

Attached: 1536410618553.png (813x493, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/raw/gV60Ak4S
emojione.com
unicode.org/emoji/proposals.html
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is it possible for drumpfucks to get offended by fucking EMOJIS? Seriously get a grip you fucking virgins.

HAVE SEX (not even joking it's unhealthy to worry about little things like this, you'll feel so much better)

Attached: 1547892371407.png (291x344, 85K)

>emojis

Attached: Suggestions.jpg (599x708, 42K)

0/10 bait
consider setting yourself on fire nigga

>How is it possible for drumpfucks to get offended by fucking EMOJIS? Seriously get a grip you fucking virgins.

I really started getting offended once they unilaterally replaced the gun emoji with a water pistol and that Apple basically has the right to veto sane emojis like a rifle emoji.

Bow down to your true overlords.

>Japan invents symbols to use during texting
>America gets involved, and now there's skintones and gender, religion and sex politics

THINKING

Attached: 1450546806100.png (350x273, 66K)

Why get worked up over it though? Even if there was one which literally just had the blacked logo I'd just ignore it.

The ones in your pic are obviously just catering to the latest acceptance trends. When absolutely no one debates gay marriage or whatever in the future they'll fade into irrelevance

nothing wrong with emojis. they are basically standardized pictographs that are encoded the same way as text. they were a potential godsend over the old way of embedding a bunch of custom drawn vector graphics for the same purpose. I've all but removed some of the nonfree svg's I use to use for pictographs using emojis.

Apple? why should I? it's bullshit that a consumer company that represents a minority interest of all cellphone and computer users has so much power over the emojis.

>non white people exist
AAAAAAAAAJHHHHHHHHHH NNNNOOOOOOOO FUCKING SJW!

because I use these as pictographs to enhance UX on web pages like I explain in a recent post. these fag companies shitting over emojis in unique special snowflake ways and then adding these stupid sexual fetishes and fantasies to the emoji spec is disgusting.

pedophile emojis when?

Because at the end of the day, whether you like it or not, you're living in an Apple world.

Attached: 1550011480489.png (128x125, 14K)

they used to be all yellow you fucking imbecile

Did you notice anyone crying like a megapede when white ones were included? Or when church emoji were included?

Emojis should't have EVER been adopted by unicode

change my mind

>Unicode consortium is based out of...
>California

T H I N K I G N

> How is it possible for drumpfucks to get offended by fucking EMOJIS?
Conservacuck snowflakes getting triggered over any inclusivity and whining about how the left is easily offended is probably the most ironic thing in the world

This

Attached: 1545717802512.jpg (1242x1279, 465K)

pastebin.com/raw/gV60Ak4S

americans probably threw a fit.
can't wait till the inevitable race war where white and brown people kill themselves in the streets, to be honest

Attached: 7141a521bce9eaa74d0d2add8da29c1c--dabbing-minions.jpg (236x236, 14K)

Is this a threat? WTF
MODS

>Google has submitted "Third Gender" emojis

Clickbait headline aside, this is literally solving a problem they created themselves

The blob emojis didn't have gender or race problems, but you can't make headlines or new product launches around that

Attached: android-people-2019-emojipedia.jpg (900x900, 82K)

>using cli
>first character of file name is emoji
>tfw

But user is right. Emoji originated in Japan.

unless you have 9001 files in the same directory you just tab complete like you normally would
naming anything with an emoji is dumb in the first place though

That's what I meant.

It originated in Japan and then the Unicode consortium is based out of fucking California

As a literal Ahmed, what possible use do I have for a fucking mosque emoji? Seriously, what kind of literal caveman uses any emoji besides the smileyes?

I don't fucking know but it seems there must be an emoji for every individual on Earth...

>The blob emojis didn't have gender or race problems
this is precisely what I was complaining about. I don't care if you're some brown, female whatever profession, but how do I put that in a corporate product without dealing with twitter backlash from offended drumpftards and some trans/pos who feels not represented enough. this shit is toxic and creates useless noise. emojis should focus on useful pictography and not some weird ass chorded pairing that tells the rasterizer that it's supposed to be some fucking trans firefighter brown emoji person.

what shell?

>he doesn't have an IME for emojis
pleb

It’ll never happen because authoritarians just pass the baton from right to left and back. Whichever one is down at the time plays themselves to be the voice of freedom and liberty until they get control back.
>ree stop liking what I don’t like!
>ree stop disliking what I like!

This
This
This

>cli
>CLI

what does a CLI preclude having an IME or any higher level input systems? you fucking utter moron. you're probably the same kind of faggot retard person who thinks something like htop or irssi isn't a gui.

>>ree stop liking what I don’t like!

complaining about moronic decisions of a near defacto standard for encoding text in various human scripts goes beyond petty things like that. emojis are not being managed correctly for a wide range of commercial and consumer uses.

Shit like this is why Asians invented their own text encoding standards like TRON or stuck with their legacy CJK systems that preceded unicode and ucs-2 and utf-8/16/32.

Zsh

Why is he shooting at bricks?

Attached: Screenshot_20190317-162815_Firefox.png (1080x1920, 135K)

>drumpfucks
Do we have dilitation emojis? Srs question. Because we would need them since the process itself is really tiresome and texting about it shouldn't be 2bh

lol, cucked android fags. the boxes are rifle emojis, the first block is the new kneeling person emoji

>rifle emoji
>This Unicode character has no emoji version, meaning this is intended to display only as a black and white glyph on most platforms. It has not been Recommended For General Interchange (RGI) — as an emoji — by Unicode.
YOU *clap* HAVE *clap* NO *clap* HOME *clap* HERE *clap*

>HAVE SEX
>With 3dpd
No thanks

This shit is literally cave painting tier who gives a fuck

What the fuck even supports the rifle emoji

works on my machine(tm) using the mozilla emoji vectors

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-17 12-04-00.png (158x54, 3K)

How are more emoji options even a problem? Fucking autists screeching over a non-blue-arms sonic--you idiots are seriously more mentally disabled than you think.

Attached: 1552600396650.png (854x480, 567K)

current year identity politics don't belong in standardized human pictograph and text exchange formats.

There's a church emoji that nobody uses so obviously they have to include every other faith under the sun too. Looking forward to the Xenu emoji.
Most emojis are bloat, you could probably remove 90% of them and barely anyone would even notice. Actual illiterates will just call or leave voice messages I reckon.

>current year fruit emojis don't belong in pictographs
>current year buildings and sports don't belong in pictographs
>current year abstract symbols miscellenia don't belong in pictographs
Put some cream on those "alpha male" sores before pretending your safe zone tears have any ounce of reason.

Think about it, how emotionally disturbed/disabled do you have to be to get triggered over a fucking emoji? Beyond pathetic.

Attached: 1550612496965.jpg (331x499, 27K)

Because it's just American tech bloat.
All it is is tech bloat, advertising and corporate politics sold as being cool and relatable young hip kid political stance stuff by multibillion corporations, compressed into replacements for little images we used to express like this that still work

:-)

Instead of being a simple standard for text pictographs it's become a weird, bloated corporate & politics fuckfest like literally every other facet of tech, with over 3,000 images, corporations scrambling to think of ways to make it more sexual and racial

to replace these?

:-P

The rifle emoji was removed because Apple refused to support it, so you have an example of the standard not fucking working in this very thread.

And you have weird shit like Google making third/ bigender emojis after getting rid of their nongendered blobs, solving a problem they created by.. adding more bloat, companies will literally race to adopt the new politic emojis for cheap PR advertising, appeal to X demographic by getting them to add a standard you already have images ready to go for so you can be posting third gender emojis 'first' only on Google Products™.

It's bloated as all fuck and just creates more garbage you need to buy new phones for because your DumbPhone™, Windows 7, Android 8, iOS11, don't support new emojis! Now you'll get blocks in all your messages.

Because it's moved from a basic squares and arrow pictograph system to a chordified X+Y=Z encyclopedia of the modern equivalent of WordArt or Clip Art.
Do the black and white hand, or the medium black and yellow hand _really_ need to shake in matching skintones when I put a handshake between them? Use gloves, you fucking stupid, suit and tie fucks.

It's just bloat and advertising and politics, a news cycle of tech products and .1 releases and new phones that feeds itself and props itself and grows itself compressed into stupid little faces

:^)

>and just creates more garbage you need to buy new phones for
Imagine being this much of a turbo faggot

Fuck off retard, that's literally selling points for new iOS and Android releases at this point

"LOOK AT NEW EMOJIS"
No, your current phone won't get a font update OTA to support the new "standard" although it's a fucking font, or just download the pictograph from our Google font server when it encounters a new one, why the fuck would it? Buy our new one, Instagram influencers©™®

If they gave a shit they'd all do something like use open source Twemoji already, but there's too much PR and design money and "Brand" poured into the ones they have

Attached: 1-shpv5hx-voeaxvpfiokaaw.png (2000x1125, 1.06M)

emojione.com

Look at this fucking mess.
There's a company that exists solely to license emoji designs.

Can you fucking imagine having to license this?

:-)

using symbols to communicate is idiotic, especially when their appearance is differs so greatly.

Attached: er33.jpg (949x1032, 507K)

I don't care too much, but it's bloat that gets installed on every device.

They should never have made emojis part of Unicode.
Just use some separate system for kids stuff, then anyone under the age of 12 can download it if they want.

>No, your current phone won't get a font update OTA
Sometimes it's more than that nowadays. For instance skin tone chording, gender and now the disabled person's one.

Why does that make you do angry? Why do you ca..
Oh, hey there! Post your feet :)

;^)

>because it's bloat!
Funny, no autistic little flower made a big deal when they introduced dozens of non-symbolic emojis...more than a decade ago

>because it panders to the normieees!!!
Oh no, they got rid of flip phones to pander to the touch feely screen phones normies like...almost a decade ago.

>b-but i hate b-brown people and ((((((((wymen)))))))))) and they shouldn't exist in my snowflake zone!!
And bingo. We've come full circle to the real issue: pansy, tender littlest white male hysteria. You are drowing in a glass of your own tears over a literal non-issue. The solution is not to "force the normies to accept my keyboard emojis or else >:((((" but recognize your sensitive neurosis and lose yourself from the Jow Forums rot. You'll be a happier person in the long run, I promise.

Attached: 1542625241487.png (521x562, 444K)

serious question, do black people use black emojis?

Attached: 599650729907.jpg (300x188, 20K)

im white, i use black/pajeet emojis ironically all the time, basically im racist

i was asking about normalfag niggers

>normalfag niggers

Attached: 💅🏿.png (290x122, 2K)

you know, the niggers that havent kill or rape anyone yet

i thought you guys hated anime?

Attached: PSXsvafi85pb4jXyW9dh7oHymlPbr6NwQdsRflcpa3yzAcf4Le6vs7PejjFHZSxO_HgH6wqIeb-0P9bEaemgOg.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

>nothing wrong with emojis
lol no
if you want

fucking 4chanx
what i wanted to say is emojis should have been replaced with ascii art. if you want something more than that replace certain combinations like :-) with a custom icon or something. i remember old androids used to do this. dunno if they still do it.

Why wouldn't they

Underrated post

This is why mosque shootings happen

What if someone made pedophile emojis and then proceeded to shill it on twitter.

Nothing wrong, because no matter who you are, diversity is about talents!

unicode.org/emoji/proposals.html

Oh fuck, you mean a version over a decade ago might have less than the one now

This.
I can very easily have a meaningful discussion with a right-wing libertarian but I fucking hate talking with left-wing authoritarians.

this

still missing a crucial part

Attached: screen.png (272x78, 62K)

Kino

Just turn them into hate symbols, call people disabled cunts and use the emojis.

Weird, I thought Noelle's breasts were smaller. Mandella effect?

this

>Nobody made a deal over a decade ago

This just in, user has never seen it, so it doesn't fucking exist lmao

Emoji 13.0 will introduce "Person having a supposedly racist conniption at emoji on original iPhone and how ridiculously fragmented they were on Android in late 2000's and how they've never solved the problem of selecting from 3,000 emoji on a fucking touchscreen or even on a desktop and just keep adding more"

The mobile OS he's mad at will change based on what BrandMoji you place next to it

Unicode only causes problems. Prove me wrong.

>Google has submitted "Third Gender" emojis
They look fine and if they stop this ridiculous proliferation that'll be great

>Conservacuck snowflakes getting triggered over any inclusivity and whining about how the left is easily offended is probably the most ironic thing in the world
Has it occurred to your tiny little pea brain that the people reacting to the left's "safe space", the left's deplatforming, the left's attempt to define anything that offends their faggot sensibilities as "hate speech", has it occurred to you the people reacting this are not in fact the same people that give 2 shits about a cartoon keyboard character? In your little pre-packaged ideological black and white world, does it occur to you that different people have different things to say other than your boogeyman narrative?
Kys

>oifice
Oi, got a loicense for those guns, mate?

ok kid

Cute! CUTE!

Attached: 936fc905571f18a92e87324bf0e3c040.jpg (744x1052, 613K)

>le drumpf
fuckin' automaton

>taking the bait

Attached: 1530742362296.jpg (576x768, 37K)

The blob emoji were only just the face ones. The ones that are still yellow and genderless.

It was the rest of the more human emoji that were considered the problem.

They had genderless cop and firefighter emojis too

Fuck a rifle emoji. I don't want guns in my emoji.
Sorry, moron. :)

The irony.

Attached: 1463447407833.png (850x668, 47K)

Attached: 86543859431200.jpg (231x218, 8K)