How does it make you feel?

How does it make you feel?

Attached: 53831188.jpg (1080x895, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

redeszone.net/2017/12/28/movistar-lanzara-1-gbps-simetrico-limite-datos/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

feels like buying ISP stocks

I feel like my fucking connection to it should be free.

how much did the infrastucture cost and how much does maintenance cost?
The only thing that pisses me off in my country is the amount of european funds they took and how much the internet still sucks on such a small country (portugal). Also how much you pay considering the minimum wage is 600€. Some people still pay 60€+ for shitty adsl

yeah no. the infrastructure, maintenance, and the people they have that monitor the network is not cheap. dunno if any of you know this, but there are actually people that pro-actively monitor stuff to fix problems before they cause customer impact. your internet would be down much more often if it wasn't for these groups.

>access
So how much does everything else cost?

I feel like there is some manner off meme to be made from the proximity of these responses.
The muse doesn't seem to be coming to me at the moment, I should do a bunch of K and hop on photoshop.

You're paying for network infrastructure upgrades and deployment, not JUST the electricity involved in personally sending and receiving YOUR data.
You're also paying the salaries of all the support staff and other related positions.

tldr; there are a fuck ton of costs related to operating an ISP BESIDES the cost to deliver data.

they have to pay staff, fund pensions, pay taxes, etc. I'm happy to pay my way and contribute towards the company

What if that number is accounting for it? It would be realistic.

Infrastructure only need to get repaired, it's mostly all underground and safe.

So if you factor in after 5 years it's all payed off the initial invesment. Whats left to do is keep a small team of people to monitor an repair it.

Wow its almost like you're paying for more than exclusively internet access

>still no gigabit net in my country
>isps still use mobile net
>don't even have 4G coverage
>Only £40 per month + £15.99 tip
>50gb limit

Is the UK the worst place in the world for internet?

Not the WORST, but it's certainly not good, or where it SHOULD be considering your country has the technical capabilities AND the money, they just refuse to do anything about it.

knowing that all the excess profit is being reinvested in better infrastructure fills me with joy :)

Attached: me_on_a_good_day.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

ISP one offers unlimited traffic at 400mbps through cable.
ISP two offers Gigabit fiber but capped at 1TB per month.
Both at similar prices, what do I do Jow Forums?

Attached: doshiou.png (657x699, 449K)

>It would be realistic
it wouldn't and you have no idea the costs involved with installing internet.

Fiber ISPs spend something like $1500-3000 per customer for initial installation.

Even at the low end of $1500 per customer, you're looking at $60+ per month over a 2 year contract just to make up the initial investment for installation.

This doesn't even start to include other factors like ongoing support labor, future network development, network expansions, etc, etc.

what fiber ISP has a 1TB cap?

The worst kind.

In Russia, Internet us fast and cheap ;)

How much is your monthly usage?

Seriously though, what company?

Almost any fiber ISP I can think of offhand doesn't have a data cap.

>adsl unlimited
>fibre 500gb\
>both outrageously expensive
fuck this shithole

Attached: 1331520303346.jpg (640x480, 17K)

So then why do vps providers like AWS, etc charge out the ass for bandwidth?

Get the first one. The peace of mind of not having caps offsets the slower speed.

And let's agree that 400mbps is plenty

Depends on your usage, really.
Personally I would go for the former because I seed a lot.

Not that any of what you just said is true, but 400mbps with no cap outweighs gigabit capped at 1tb by a margin of 100/1. In your hypothetical, you'd be fucking crazy to go with the gigabit

yeah but cable, if he does any sort of uploading regularly, fiber will be more than worthwhile.

Because people are willing to pay.

~600GB but sometimes I need to run backups or sync my entire seedbox because feralhosting servers are shit, which is TBs worth of data.

Movistar, is an spic thing.

the 400mbps one, 100%.
I use 300gb on average on my shitty 9Mbit connection.

>Movistar, is an spic thing
redeszone.net/2017/12/28/movistar-lanzara-1-gbps-simetrico-limite-datos/

Looks like they have unlimited for gigabit, you just have to pay a bit more.

Typical commie propaganda that forgets that there is an infrastructure that needs to be maintained, upgraded, extended and there are a lot of workers from technicians through administrators to the social media manager who needs to be paid, there are real estate to rent/maintain, there are advertising and communication costs etc etc etc.
Bytes won't magically fly into your router for 40 cents/month.

Notes:
-I'm not defending obviously overpriced straya/leaf tier $120/month for 15M/512k 300GB limi internet
-I'm not defending shiteating American ISPs abusing their monopoly/duopoly cartelling
-I'm not a corporate shill, facts>your marxist feels

Attached: stop.jpg (600x600, 55K)

Oh shit, I just googled it and Comcast does indeed have a 1tb data cap on their fiber. What a bunch of cunts.

Also, it's over $100 a month. What the fuck are you paying for if not unlimited data?

Is the cap will lower the speed or just terminated the connection completely?

>Oh shit, I just googled it and Comcast does indeed have a 1tb data cap on their fiber. What a bunch of cunts.
They don't.

Comcast has 1TB limit on their CABLE (and only in certain areas)

Their fiber service is 2gbps, and it is unlimited data by default, even if they have a data cap on their slower plans in your area.

They charge extra for each GB, without limit about how much they can charge.

What? Where the fuck do you live? Most of the country has access to 100-200Mb/s fibre for 30-40€

Okay, that makes more sense. Fuck me for believing anything I see posted on Jow Forums

>"""better""" infrastructure

Yeah, similar to AT&T.

All of the AT&T fiber speed tiers except 1gbps have a 1TB data cap, but their 1gbps plan is unlimited.

Comcast in my area doesn't have data caps on ANY of their speeds, but they do in other areas, except for the 2gbps speed which is always unlimited.

i feel skeptical because then I'd do what said and live off the alleged massive dividends that should be coming to me.

you say this as if there was a free way to get a internet connection at home.

Just take unlimited one.

Lol try Ireland.
Everywhere outside if Dublin is terrible, to download 1GB it takes over an hour.

That would suuuuck, i've gotten so used to downloading stuff quickly.

Hell, I download Nvidia drivers (450-550MB in size) in like 5-6 seconds. MAYBE 10 seconds at most.

>Hell, I download Nvidia drivers (450-550MB in size) in like 5-6 seconds. MAYBE 10 seconds at most.
Actually I updated my Nvidia drivers the other day, using the windows updater.
Took me 3 or 4 hours.
I downloaded a 20gb game off steam, I had to leave my pc on for about 2 or 3 days.

Ill buy a game off steam, then use a torrent to download the game because they are compressed, install it, copy the install files in the steam directory, uninstall the pirate version and then use steam to update the game which will fill in the missing blanks from the pirate version.
It cuts the downloading time in half.

>Actually I updated my Nvidia drivers the other day, using the windows updater.
>Took me 3 or 4 hours.
I was having a problem the other day making sure windows updater DIDN'T download Nvidia drivers.

The issue was I'd DDU Nvidia drivers, log into windows, go to my downloads folder with the Nvidia Driver installer, unzip everything, and by the time I was done unzipping, windows updater had already downloaded and installed the Nvidia drivers (an older version compared to the one I was trying to install). So I had to DDU again and unplug my internet so windows updater couldn't do it again.

Real pain in the ass, these were not the problems I expected to have with 1gbps internet.

That internet access should be free, but there are a bunch of retards that love giving their money to the jews just like in this thread.

Comcast's execs should be fucking hanged.
Fiber is cheap as fuck nowadays and all they do is make excuses.

Why don't you provide yourself with internet access if you're so good at it?

>and all they do is make bank
FTFY

holy shit

It costs central banks literally nothing to make money. How does that make you feel?

Some of the hardware devices that are used in these large scale networking operations go into the 100s of thousands and multiple are needed.

>when you realize most ISPs are also cable providers so they have a perverse incentive to keep internet as shitty and expensive as possible

Not here in aus it's rediculously overpriced the govt and private sector sets stupid cvc prices
Nbn was fucking huge mistake

This is such a stupid fucking question user. The VAST majority of sites/services can't even feed data to you fast enough to even saturate a 400mb line, so why would you not go with the unlimited bandwidth?

Is not just speed, fiber has better latency and QoS mostly because it wasn't deployed in the 80/90s, the only reason I was considering fiber was because I'm currently on ISP one and they have had enough downtime to last for an entire decade of their advertised annual downtime this year alone, I guess I'll get a cheap 4G deal to use in case of emergency and call it a day, I work from home so I'll have my employer pay for it too.

>Fiber is cheap as fuck nowadays and all they do is make excuses.
Huh? Comcast has been laying fiber in my area for over a year.
2gbps fiber from them is available to me currently, I just have no use for it.

The original NBN idea was fine, they just never got to really implement it before it was changed.

It was fine 12 years ago but fixed wireless has remained unchanged with its 50kb/s peak speeds.
Then theres the paltry 100mbit fiber that ws meant to be 1-10gbit+ by now
It was never going to be finished as soon as krudd relented to reuse existing infrastructure before the mtmess it was doomed helstra and floptus stalled for years waiting for lnp to get back in

>not including maintenance, personnel, and infrastructure building
Yeah lying kike, electricity cost divided over an entire muncipality is cheap.

Attached: jew.jpg (326x326, 17K)

Honestly, should've just stuck with full FTTP/H.

Verizon FIOS in the US is what the NBN was originally modeled after.

I've had FIOS since 2007, 15mbps, then 50mbps in 2009, 150mbps in 2011, and 1gbps in 2017.
They're currently upgrading to NG-PON2 for 10gbps+ speeds.

It's expensive infrastructure costs are more than made up for in the quality and reliability of the service.

Eventually they would have found a way to ruin it.
Can't wait to get the fuck out of this shithole can't even maintain roads basic infrastructure let open boarders to idiotic brainless dolts

Haha culchie imagine not living in Dublin go sodomise your cattle

I'm still surprised Verizon hasn't managed to ruin FIOS yet.

t.west brit.

I'm guessing competition?
Something aus is sorely lacking with fixed telecom
Wireless cellular is a different story 5g will shit over the dogshit fttx crap we've had anyway just like 3 and 4g lte did but with unlimited data caps and better peak speeds

im paying 10euros per month for 100/100, so its not like im getting ripped of that much tho

Yea Verizon generally competes with Comcast, AT&T, or cox. Depending on the region.

>capped at 1TB per month.

So, you have the option of downloading 125.31TB/month or 1TB/month? Hard choice.

Yep.
Meanwhile here telstra optus and tpg bought up any and all competition leaving Aussie broadband to pick up the slack yet still screw over fixed wireless broadband fags like me.

that's just total bullshit

I am upset but surely that cannot be correct, their profits would be much higher.

And they also have to pay for making the infrastructure, paying for licenses, paying their thousands of employees, paying for maintenance and fixing shit, paying for research and development, paying for the equipment, and whatever else. I fucking hate pictures like this.

Nah they do evil things with the money so it doesn't show up as profits.
Like paying employee salaries and pension programs.

australia, easily

I don't think pension programs are a thing anymore

1TB is nothing if you stream any kind of video. I regularly go through a couple hundred TB a month streaming and downloading 4k+

Capitalism is based bros. I love working 45 hours a week to earn 1% of the what I make the company.

So take your knowledge and expertise and make your own business. Oh wait you cant because you're not smart and you're a loser retard that doesnt now what xir is doing

>Just put yourself under extreme financial and emotional stress bro don't you want to be rich like Jeff Bezos
LMAO

Attached: .gif (400x400, 155K)

they don't have to fund pensions, NO business HAS to do that. they can offer a 401k which makes much more sense than a pension.

taxes, no shit, we all pay that.

paying staff what, 30-50k a year, that's the biggest overhead. nobody at xfinity is getting rich, and given their service they shouldn't be because they're fucking lazy.

when i had a small town ISP they cost just as much and the service was just as shitty if not worse.

once the ground laying of new fiber is done the costs should drop, but they don't, and the raw profit is pretty fucking good for isp's.

for a small town, 150k a year spent on 3 guys on call 24/7 covers most bs issues they run into. double that for a medium town per ISP, say their IT guy makes 100 k a year and works an average of 80 hours a week. revenue scales higher than IT costs in a medium city. for a large city you have more business customers paying high as fuck rates which support those massive electricity and cooling costs, but guys are hardly making much more per diem than 100k a year per tech. at that point your ISP can leverage down wages closer to cost.

lastly these companies are investing in the future, like user said earlier once that fiber is in the ground it's like a water pipe, you rarely ever have to fix that shit unless Tyrone with a ditch digger happens to chop that shit up. hell there has to be insurance for such things in that industry.

How is this even a question?
Go for 400Mbps, obviously. The only things that can cap out my meme number fiber are Steam and torrents.

Attached: meme.png (922x749, 39K)

If it's so cheap, why don't you just build your own ISP and make billions?

Attached: 1509249609721.jpg (777x777, 233K)

>50gb limit
jesus christ, I hit that in less than a week

typical exploitation for profit, if
>muh gommunism
was real this wouldn't be a problem

YANG GANG

It only costs prostitutes about $0.00 USD a month to provide you with cunny.

I want mesh networks to become the norm.
I'd rather pay a large upfront cost rather than a lifetime of medium residual costs.
The only issue is that you'd have to convince others to do the same.

the united brotherhood of carpenters union has a pension

Attached: 75676745366.jpg (540x489, 19K)

depends, for me i would go with 1 gigabit (if it was the same price) because i never go over a terabyte of data a month. at this point it absolutely is just trying to get the fastest internet so it makes no sense to go with 400 megabits when i could get gigabit, even if most sites dont feed you data that fast

this is how market forces work.
economics 101.
Prices are set at the cross-section of what consumers are willing to pay and what suppliers are willing to sell it for.
You could sell people air, as long as they're willing to pay for it then that's what it's worth.

A few cities in the US have installed their own fiber to the home networks, and added internet to the water bill. Cable companies are fighting against it, but almost every resident wants gigabit service.

>wanting communist internet

>network infrastructure upgrades
Let's be honest, in most of the US this just doesn't happen. Although, I'm part of the lucky few with verizon and they've upgraded my connection a few times over the years.

t. currently sitting at practically 100Mb/s up and down and started at like 50 for the same price.

about the only service in Russia that's good

You want some jewery? Look into the landline prices in the US.

>2018
>Toy cars with cameras on mars for decades
>Can stream live full 4k video without a hitch
>This all costs pennies comparatively.

>$50 a month for a copper landline with fucking mono 8kbit quality.

Attached: 7fv5Y03.png (460x306, 115K)

>to the water bill
Some kind of HDBaseT variant?

Attached: HDMI to garden hose.jpg (600x800, 65K)