Fusion

Fusion.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TrndkthWPnc
youtube.com/watch?v=4BVt2gKHNBA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RPMFusion.

Attached: IMG_20190317_151340.jpg (1080x791, 100K)

Science Fiction.

The whole controllable usable Fusion bullshit is a plot by scientific community to suck hundreds of billions of sweet sweet scientific grant money and it'll just keep on going because there's noone out there to prove they're doing that.

Blocks your path

Luddite

Attached: iter_being_built.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Yup, all that sweet sweet money. I guess they need to pay some construction companies to make the gig believable

It's the first fusion reactor that will produce more power than is put in. The next in line, DEMO, will actually produce an order of magnitude more. Fusion is the future.

Ever heard of fusors, moron?

fission is the future. it already works but the public is scared and new safer reactors are being designed. you literally just sit back and these atoms make heat on their own

Fusion is:
- cleaner
- safer
- an order of magnitude more powerful
- cheaper (fuel is everywhere and dirt cheap)

Fission is fine and we should definitely aim for a transition period but fusion is the real deal. Once we have fusion, we can explore space and transform Earth into a paradise.

Wendelstein 7-x is a stellerator fusion reactor and the closest thing we have to a net positive reactor. It will never be net positive since it's an experimental reactor, but its significantly advancing the design of net+ reactors.

Here's a video of it generating plasma:
youtu.be/TrndkthWPnc

Cold Fusion is a crock of shit, not fusion itself.

>Cold Fusion is a crock of shit, not fusion itself.
t. big fusion engineer

>The next in line, DEMO, will actually produce an order of magnitude more.

It doesn't matter how much power it produces.
What matters are the costs per Wh.

Fusion reactors are stupidly expensive to build and require stupid amounts of maintenance after every short burst of use.
Economically viable fusion is at least 200 years away.

Imagine if they put all that money into offshore wind farms.....

No wonder the oil industry lobbies for fusion.

>200 years
Lolol. Commerical fusion is 10-15 years away max. We've broken through years ago. It's just a matter of formalizing and optimizing the shit out of it.

I said economically viable.

That means it has to be as cheap as wind/gas/coal power.

Solar isn't economically viable either, but fusion will be hundreds of thousands times more expensive per kWh with nobody having any idea how to bring the cost down.

False. Fusion will output so much energy it will more than cover all the costs.

Coal has a long term cost because we're going to be paying out of our asses very soon to pull all the CO2 from the atmosphere. In retrospect, renewables are actually cheaper in the long run.

I had big hopes for this one but it didn't catch on.
youtube.com/watch?v=4BVt2gKHNBA

>10-15 years away max
Always 10-15 years away.

It's dead once normalfags learn about NEUTRON RADIATION.

>the oil industry
I have no idea if the oil industry is investing in fusion or not, but if they are, then you must be a late-onset paranoid schizophrenic if you can't see the logic and reason behind it.

Oil companies compete with Amazon for the world's greatest logistics systems. Moving shit from A to B at a global scale.
All alternative energy formats do not require moving things. You set it up once and it's done.

Fusion requires fuel. Fuel means logistics. What are oil companies good at? What wouldn't be an enormous shift from what they're already doing?

1960s Fusion is right around the corner goy, fund my research institute.
1970s Fusion is right around the corner goy, fund my research institute.
1980s Fusion is right around the corner goy, fund my research institute.
1990s Fusion is right around the corner goy, fund my research institute.
2000s Fusion is right around the corner goy, fund my research institute.
2010s Fusion is right around the corner goy, fund my research institute.
2020s Oy vey!

Attached: 1540400980843.jpg (226x223, 10K)

No, it's always 30 years away. But as things are now, it's inevitable.

Pic related, comparison of Moore's law and fusion output.

Attached: BN0pz.png (1066x882, 79K)