I only use my index and maybe middle finger for typing (thumb for spacebar only)

I only use my index and maybe middle finger for typing (thumb for spacebar only).

how the fuck do I train myself and learn to type using all (or just more) fingers smoothly without looking?

Attached: 1526644893730.jpg (428x424, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/gtypist/
keybr.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Type with more fingers and without looking.

Have you never learned a mechanical skill before? You just do the thing you want to do, be bad at it for a while, and get better over time

start using more fingers to do the typing
there's no trick to it

but I don't even know which fingers to use on which keys and it all just feels extremely off.

Use gtypist

I learned it using some program, probably that one , dunno anymore

typingclub.com. It's meant for little kids but it worked for me.

try ktouch

I do the same thing, fuck it
I can type fast and sometimes I make mistakes but I don't give a shiet, I don't get paid to type fast or accurately

I used this and went from 60 to 100 wpm in a couple years

I used keybr.com.

It's pretty good and can track your progress over time and what not.

practice
also, the GNU project has some nice programs that can help you gnu.org/software/gtypist/

keybr.com

You're welcome. Personally I learned in middle school taking Mavis Beacon and those PC games to teach you typing seriously, while everyone else didn't.

Don't let people tell you home row is a meme. Learn the proper way. My avg WPM is 135-140.

I'm not saying it's a meme, but I use shit 3-4 finger technique and can do 110-120 average. Not really worth spending all that time learning the right way to get up to your level for me. I'm not a professional typist.

Stop thinking about it
Don't be a bitch nigga

I wish I could type fast. Do you guys can use symbols like $ % & without looking?

t. 60wpm with many errors

I think I used this a few years ago. It really helped me learn to type properly.

Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing. Best thing out there.

Put your left pinky on A, ring on S, middle on D, and index on F.
Then put your right index on J, middle on K, ring on L, and pinky on ;. Thumbs on spacebar.
I forgot the rest of the instructions but just type using the fingers closest to buttons or something like that I dunno. Over time you go not needing the hand guide and just hit everything without looking. The rest of the thread has good stuff in it.

Try learning to use your pinky first, for keys like shift and enter. Then switch your index for your middle for a while to get used to pointing with your index.

You can comfortably type at 100-110wpm with your index fingers.
I do 115, do you really need more than that? It’s not like you’re typing anything useful at that speed

I had a similar problem to what you were experiencing, where I would only type with my first 3 fingers on each hand. I ended up getting so frustrated that I searched up the finger keyboard positions on google and forced myself to follow it for as long as I could without looking at the keyboard. It took about 2-3 weeks of sub 40 wpm before I started going back to normal speed, but now I average around 95-105 without looking at the keyboard so it was worth it. Best of luck to you, user.