Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: blondecutie.jpg (500x666, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Laptop-Intel-128GB/dp/B072L7KKYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this a stupid and/or unsafe thing to do? I can't fit the heatsink and fans properly inside the case because the Asus motherboard has shit sticking out too far.

Attached: WjFI5vF[1].jpg (4032x3024, 824K)

you are essentially blocking off the air coming into/out of the radiator. when you lay it flat like this.
put something under each corner to make a little bit of space for the air.

Bank was somehow broken into, What are the steps I can take to both lock this thing up and also ensure this never happens again. I feel like I am pretty careful with my computer habits.

Attached: 1548977643525.png (720x540, 374K)

kill yourself pedo faggot

There are vents running along top, I'll try to position it to better overlap them though. This will push the air down I suppose which isn't ideal.

Other than that, is there any reason not to do this until I can update my mobo/case? I can't really think of any.

why do these shitty threads always have faggot pedo weeb pictures nowdays

is a raspberry pie 3b+ strong enough to run both pi-hole and ntopng at the same time?
if it doesnt work out i can just buy a second one but having only one cuts down on lan ports and electricity a bit.

Well if it falls down it may rip something off and kill your system. But if you keep in on safely and have enough air flow through it, it should be fine.

Specifically, it's these two pieces on the mobo which stick out and keep it from fitting. The white thing is just a plastic cosmetic cover which I'm sure is removable. Wondering if the metal thing can be removed too.

Attached: xzM7cWT[1].jpg (2419x1814, 787K)

The metal thing is a heatsink for your VRMs, so I would not recommend removing them. You could try to replace them with something shorter, but unless you are experienced with this, I wouldn't fiddle with it.

What type of image hash is the following?
>‘wYs5VkMQGm+v3AtEV0Wcbw==’
I'm trying to make a filter list for some other boards i browse but whenever i run it through and md5 I get nothing like the green quoted value, does Jow Forums use something unique to hash images?

Looks like base64, it's just another encoding for arbitrary integers (like hexadecimal is base16).

To differentiate them from the generals that put anime girls in the OP.

I have a computer with Windows 10 on it. My motherboard is an Asus M5A99FX Pro 2.0.

I also have a Mediasonic HF2-SU3S2 4x sata bay enclosure where I can use usb 3.0 or eSata. I would prefer to use eSata, but it looks like I might not be able to.

The website says
>Important Note: When connecting via eSATA interface, customer's computer hardware needs to have Port Multiplier w/ FIS-based switching in order to access multiple HDDs simultaneously.

I haven't been able to figure that out, what exactly does that mean? I take it my motherboard can't speak to the enclosure via eSata?

>making a filter list
Stop being a crybaby lmao

Are there any downsides to disabling hardware overlays on an Android? My screen flickers sometimes and I've read that this is a potential fix. Please note that I am dumb.

What happened to the loli OP's?

My main monitor works fine when it is the only one connected to the gpu, but when I connect a second monitor by hdmi, it turns off and the second monitor works as if it's the only one plugged in. The main monitor is connected by dp.
Both work fine when the main is connected by dvi for some reason. How do I fix this?

Windows+P

Can anybody recommend me a 5-10 meter HDMI cable and some usb controllers pls ?

Attached: picturetogetyourattention.jpg (730x1095, 113K)

>ntopng
this looks neat, thanks

sorry idk about your question

Which text chatting sites are good?

Probably, I'm running pi hole on my first gen pi and it's working fine.
I can't imagine the other program being that intensive.

I posted this is the programming thread but it might fit here aswell. Can anybody explain the trie data structure to me? I am having a tough time with them (assigning and retieving data). Thanks sooo much!!

Attached: big iron.png (500x502, 169K)

>this looks neat, thanks
it is. my router runs dd-wrt which has an rflow daemon that can supply all the data for ntopng.
its really neato.
im just gonna have to try it out.

Just get the OG xbox 360 controllers if you're on a budget.

But my recommandation is a dualshock 4 or any razer controller.

Cute boys are the best!

Cringe

I only come to these threads to steal the cute boys

Attached: want.gif (614x362, 1.87M)

Does that anime includes cuteboys? All I can see is incest.

No it’s just loli’s, creepy and funny

It's the same difficulty, judging from previous android installations.

Thanks, best to avoid it.

If I install android pie, how easy would it be to downgrade back to oreo again?

You can't downgrade unless you flash it manually.
If you install pie by flashing it manually already then it's the same.
Wipe the data, apply image.

Have you actually clean flashed oreo onto a phone that runs pie before? What about the a/b partition thing?

Reason I'm asking is because I have trouble even upgrading to LOS 16, apparently I have to flash the stock firmware first.

What device are you on ?
Have you tried "pixel experiance"
Lineage is really bloated and can be underperforming on older hardware, you said it had 8.1 orginally?
If you have A/B boot in to twrp and make sure you're on A then flash the stock firmware images(vendor boot etc) then flash the firmware, then reboot in to B and flash the rest of it then reboot, do the wizard setu-p, then back in to twrp, flash magisk and GAPPS if you want it then boot in to the os

my ffmpeg output fails if there are dots in the output name
>ffmpeg ... "mario bros. - bgm.webm"
how do I prevent this?

>What device are you on ?
Op5t

>Lineage is really bloated and can be underperforming on older hardware, you said it had 8.1 orginally?
Not out of the box but it is on 8.1 now. It doesn't have a/b yet. How is lineage bloated?

oh it was a "/" causing the error apparently. ffs

>hard drive getting louder and crunchier over a few weeks
>transfer speeds plummet after an initial fast period
>already ordered a replacement for it before it dies
>suddenly stops making any noise and works at full speed all the time

w-what happened?

Some artists I follow use Dropbox to post their works. Is there an app or something I can use that will allow me to sync to their folder? I dont want to have to re-download their entire dropbox everytime they add content

How do I hire a college kid with a smartphone to film me and make tiktok videos for me? The software is so garbage and I am lazy. Or like some Jow Forums user? I am trying to write a craigslist post but it feels really awkward

doesn't sound too hard but I'm not super familiar with dropbox. are you trying to get the content on your phone or pc? try messing around with your file explorer, or find a file explorer that supports dropbox

I'm planning a garage sale to sell off a bunch of older computers I have, thing is I only use linux and I don't think buyers are going to want that on their PCs. Problem is I don't know what to do for the OS as a result. I'm not going to buy windows keys just and wipeout the profits from the garage sale, and I can't really pirate win 8 and 10 since they're kms based, having it lapse when they're using it would be bad. 7 is deprecated. I could just install 10 without a key and leave it to them, but I need to set up an initial admin account, after which they'll make their own... well, theoretically they will... but I'm not sure 10 allows that without a key. Any thoughts on what I should do?

just throw that distro on that looks like stock mac os x

On my PC. MEGA for example, allows you to input a folder url and it'll automatically sync with it, but for some stupid reason DropBox's app doesn't do that. It only lets you sync with your own folder, not anyone else's.

what OS are you on? microshit windows 10 supports dropbox in its native file explorer. fiddle with those settings to try to clone their stuff

you could also try looking into 3rd party downloading tools, like set it to auto download once a day or some shit

Attached: IMG_0002 (171).jpg (400x394, 46K)

rclone

what's the cheapest amp that would drive a pair of KEF LS50?

That's not a bad idea, it certainly would make using linux easier for them, but they may think I'm trying to scam them or get confused it's not exactly the same as osx.

I had bad signal connection and at first I thought it's the card but it turned it was antenna. The laptop's Wi-Fi card's antenna's was only little bit damaged but now it's completely broken after my father tried to "fix" it.

How can I replace it?

>I had bad signal connection and at first I thought it's the card but it turned it was antenna. The laptop's Wi-Fi card's antenna's was only little bit damaged but now it's completely broken after my father tried to "fix" it.
>
>How can I replace it?
Buy a new antenna

How do I get 4chanX on firefox to load faster? I want to switch over from chrome but it loads immediately there. On here it takes a good 5 seconds to reload with it active.

Attached: 1538143640759.png (503x637, 467K)

>>>/csg/

No activation doesn't stop you creating accounts.

I'm willing to go cheap but not that cheap.

Any amp that's not at least chinese built is not cheap

yeah but the old farts dont really care theyll take it to geek squad, how much are you charging per box?

somebody please help i am retarded zoomer fag and i want to be internet famous. do i just post craigslist "gig?" do i give my like gender or what the fuck man i am so retarded i dont wanna get murdered

Attached: mealsforone.jpg (640x960, 58K)

Is there a FOSS alternative between IRC and Discord?

Attached: 1bcc0f0aefe71b2c8ce66ffe8645d365.png (1600x1600, 24K)

Having trouble installing Win7 on my M.2 SSD. Would it be easier to first install it on my hdd and then clone it onto the SSD?

>Is there a FOSS alternative between IRC and Discord?
Isn't IRC good enough ?
I don't think there is an open discord thing, you could always make one.

Riot.im

What's the best way to get ahk to save the contents of my clipboard to an image file?

Attached: 23452345.jpg (1080x1350, 60K)

Not the user that asked but that look pretty neat.
Is it possible to set up your own server with this kind of thing (not like how discord always has a room hosted on their servers).

Hmm doing a backup from my backup nas to an external will take 20+ hrs. Gotta use my pc as a middleman due to the nas not liking gpt drives when they are connected via usb.

External is connected via pc by USB 3.0. Nas also has USB 3.0 but like I said it hates gpt.

So the weak link is my piss poor 1GB lan. Data is almost 6TB. God, cheap ass 10GB home networking shit can't get here fast enough (PCI-E x1 Nics/Switches/etc). I'm gonna be like in hell when I finally build my new server and have to copy 12TB to it.

Apparently Riot.im is pretty good

why is c++ called sepples?

Yes, it's meant to be a decentralized system like IRC, but it's modern like Discord. It's technically just a client for a new protocol called Matrix. Check that out sometime.

I'd love to set up a server for this, I'll go and check this out when I get a chance.

It's just making fun of C++ by giving it a childish sounding name.

Where can I download SANS courses? Especially the 578?

Should I continue using full disk encryption? I use a handful of different computers and re-install my OS often and sometimes it is a pain. I don't have anything illegal but I like firearms and stuff so I'm just wary about protecting my ass.

Also contribution to the cuteboys

Attached: nuh bmb.jpg (1000x1451, 241K)

I love all these curious little shotas

Are gaming chairs a complete meme? Should I just get an executive-style office chair instead?

sepples == CEE PLUS?

why is angular such bullshit?

Attached: bullshit-angular.png (1267x620, 66K)

Addendum:
I already integrated the necessary Win7 updates for NVMe support into my installation files, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Attached: All those moments will be lost in time.jpg (700x1050, 372K)

dadadadawd

Depends on the box. I was thinking

nehalem xeon 3503 12gb - 30usd
sandy i5-2400 8gb - 40usd
sandy i7-2600 8gb - 50usd
ivy i5-3330 8gb - 40usd

ram and gpus can be upgraded for a price, if the buyers want

maybe too much, dunno

I don't know if i'm just dumb but I need some help

I have a project where I need to allow 3 threads into a method at a time in java to work on a problem
5 threads are generated at the beginning and put on a queue waiting for a thread to finish and then a new thread is allowed in to the method

I'm drawing a blank on how to do this. I want to make it a producer/consumer but every example I see involves 2 threads and not 'N' number of threads accessing a methods allowing 'N-x' threads to operate in

help please i'm going insane

Attached: 1549907494067.jpg (200x313, 10K)

Look into semaphores, I think that's what you're looking for. There should be plenty of Java libraries for that.

run as admin fixed it
surprisingly.

Attached: admin-fixed-it.png (959x502, 42K)

Go away, faggot.

>Look into semaphores, I think that's what you're looking for. There should be plenty of Java libraries for that.
I'll do that now
thanks!

I hate to ask Jow Forums for this but is not the first time I had it and it seems I am the only one who has it.

Logitech G110, you can plug your headphones and mic in it.
Problem is the headphones button randomly activate and thus I can't hear, I click it and it does not work.

Tried reinstalling audio driver, keyboard driver, updated the keyboard's program.

Running Win10.

Attached: 81Gf-M6SekL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x919, 134K)

I've had a message about a new launcher for Minecraft (on the launcher) for over a week now and twice followed the link, downloaded the newest launcher (I use Linux, so I grab the tar.gz), and replaced my files, yet the message persists.

My launcher shows version 2.1.1431 btw.

There's a library just for this I think it's called executor. Just look up Java thread pooling
You can create a set of n threads and assign them to an executor that will only Run 3 at a time

>You can create a set of n threads and assign them to an executor that will only Run 3 at a time
That sounds too easy
I'll look into that too if my current attempt fails with semaphore
thanks for the help!

Found it your looking for
ExecutorService

I work on projects often in Java that require multi-threading. I'll have Stacks with a hundred threads that need to be processed and I just tell the executor service how mani threads it should be running concurrently and then just a sign them all and start it
it already implements all the IPC on the back end there's no reason you need to reinvent the wheel when there's a standard Library already available

I bought the Surface Laptop for 800€ (was usually 900€ at the time) a while ago for uni: amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Laptop-Intel-128GB/dp/B072L7KKYQ
Did i fuck up or was it a decent choice?

Attached: 61EJz6KKOKL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x728, 74K)

Yeah

4chanX its hiding all of the threads automatically help me stop that

No they're nice
I'm more on the thinkpad side myself though

yea what?

>I'm more on the thinkpad side myself though
what model you got and how long does it last on normal use (browsing, videos, music, etc.) if you don't mind me asking.
I'm kinda disappointed with the surface laptop in that perspective (like 6 hours in energy saving mode, brightness turned down, backlit keys deactivated, etc)

helo how do i become hack thnk you

>attempt to post on Jow Forums.org
>SSL certificate invalid
why does this happen to me across different browsers and IP addresses but i can still see the board moving?
i have no idea how security certificates are supposed to work

Attached: 1550535916619.jpg (480x480, 69K)