Why are you helping to fund the development of this actually viable Windows alternative...

Why are you helping to fund the development of this actually viable Windows alternative? Are you going to let 7 die with no true replacement?

Attached: reactos-logo.png (207x158, 4K)

Linuxfags don't want to aid it because it'll force them to admitt windows is something beside spaghetti and when ROS sees mass adoption they'll be proven more irrelevant.

I donated to it a few times.
7 can die for all I care thou.

>ROS sees mass development
2093?

yes

It's called LTSC. ReactOS might as well rename itself MemeOS and be done with it.

I'm not much of a 7 fan I merely included it as half of Jow Forums seems to have a raging boner for it.
Either way I think I'm gonna toss react whatever the current cost of a windows license is. If everyone on Jow Forums chipped in the cost of a sandwich this shit would be funded right goddamned NOW!

Russian government has them covered.

Fuck windows 10. Eat shit microdick!

Give me non meme tier alternatives and I'll switch. But as I am (by my job) bound to programs that only work on Windows, and yes I have tried MemeOS, WINE and some other shit I can't remember and it doesn't work no matter how much you tweak it, I have to use it.

why would you fund development of software that makes aims to replicate proprietary garbage with no good ideas? merely to have software compatibility? see wine, that's a much better target

Angular is better

Sorry but Linux will never be a viable alternative. It's being pulled into too many different directions. So yeah making software that's compatible with proprietary stuff IS the way forward. Further incompatibility is a losing game. And that's all Linux has to offer.

>Snaps

We want it to succeed because it's all GPL code that contributes back to wine and wine contributes to it.

It's just enormously convoluted and implements everything on its lonesome with all sorts of undefined behavior you have to account for.

Attached: 1552421538867.jpg (443x455, 96K)

Russia stopped funding

They stopped funding until it reaches XP compatibility and becomes stable. It's not installable on almost any hardware which is a requirement Russia has set too.

>and becomes stable
So never.

Don't work. I have Linux dual boots and I've never used them.

Just look at the state of Gnome. Linux for desktop will just die in a year or two, it was a nice ride.

One more reason to kick in a couple of bucks to reactOS. You're not so cheap ya can't afford a few bucks are you?

Of course I'm cheap, I only run free software.

Microshill detected

>Oy very not much shekels!
You can part with two bucks Rabbi. It may prove to be a true test of will power but I believe you can overcome and donate two entire dollars to an extremely worthy project.