Is Manjaro really that bad? It runs faster than Ubuntu on my craptop

Is Manjaro really that bad? It runs faster than Ubuntu on my craptop.

Attached: 384px-Manjaro-logo.svg.png (384x384, 454)

Not that much desu

it depends on what you want. it's just an arch based distro with a gui installer and its own repos. it's actually pretty comfy and user friendly. but people (also myself) don't like it because it comes with some unnecessary pre-installed packages like steam, libre office etc.

Why would it be bad? It's just arch.
I mean that's a fair point but uninstalling these packages takes like 2 minutes

Manjaro Architect, literally the perfect distro for anyone that's not a normie.

Antergos has less bloat ware and doesn't 'ship' (which is something arch distros should never do anyways) with outdated software.

The only reason to use Manjaro is because you want Arch but don't have access to internet.

>The only reason to use Manjaro is because you want Arch but don't have access to internet.
Nigger, they don't even use the same repositories, Manjaro is focused more on stability and less on being bleeding edge, Manjaro usually takes some weeks of testing before releasing big updates that are already on stable in Arch. Antergos is arch with an installer.

>forked insecure repos
>dead project

Why would someone ever use this over Antergos

Jobless arch users on suicide watch.

>hold packages for a week
>lie to everyone like you actually have a team doing better testing than arch core
Mmm yes do love me some Brazilian snake oil.

It has been my main OS for months now and don't see any reason why I would run normal Arch. People who claim that it's bad are usually tryhard Archlinux fans who are angry that there is an easy way to install their cool and top secret distro now without reading hours of documentation first.

Just go with arch. I am using it on my most beloved machines and it's sane. Learning linux will lead to happy life.

No, arch users say manjaro is bad because it's repos are hacked more often than updated. The tryhard meme is a lie too since everyone recommends Arch Anywhere or Antergos

The main argument I read from Arch users is simplified "it's too easy to install". Of course no one would admit this overtly because it is a non-issue and just digs into the emotional investment people make in using a specific Linux Distro.

pamac can do parallel download.
inb4 hurrr powerpill
it's broken since pyalpm-0.8.4-2 rolled out.

pretty much this, haven't had any major issues and uninstalling steam and the 32bit garbo it needs is a breeze with pacman. once steam (and some other unnecessary things) are gone, it's very comfy. running it on testing repos gives you more up to date software if you really want to be bleeding edge, generally a day or two behind arch from what I've observed (wife runs antergos on her thinkpad)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-14_13-53-28.png (1600x900, 1.33M)

>kernel 5.0.1-1
I see you're white like me.

`ooo/ OS: Arch Linux x86_64
`+oooo: Host: 20K70000GE ThinkPad 25
`+oooooo: Kernel: 5.0.2-arch1-1-ARCH
-+oooooo+: Uptime: 1 hour, 5 mins
`/:-:++oooo+: Packages: 1148 (pacman), 4 (dpkg)
`/++++/+++++++: Shell: bash 5.0.2
`/++++++++++++++: DE: GNOME 3.32.0
`/+++ooooooooooooo/` Theme: Adwaita-dark [GTK2/3]
./ooosssso++osssssso+` Icons: Adwaita [GTK2/3]
.oossssso-````/ossssss+` Terminal: gnome-terminal
-osssssso. :ssssssso. CPU: Intel i7-7500U (4) @ 3.500GHz
:osssssss/ osssso+++. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
/ossssssss/ +ssssooo/- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
`/ossssso+/:- -:/+osssso+- Memory: 1697MiB / 15803MiB
`+sso+:-` `.-/+oso:
`++:. `-/+/
.` `/

>GNOME 3.32.0
is it on stable already or you're just crazy?

hehe.

People blame me for using Gnome, but it is an old love. My true love was blackbox. Blackbox was like a deep love in times of no money. Today I have resources and I am generous with my RAM, so I invite Gnome to manage my windows. Gnome thinks, well this guy is only using terminal, why not i3? But Gnome keeps silent and is happy to run, despite being overengineered and full of sick cross-dependencies.

To answer your question: the first few hours it did not crash. I am a bit unhappy about window decoration and login rounded corner shit, but I can live with it.

Manjaro and Antergos are the only instances i'd ever recommend anything Arch related.You did good user.