Firefox cant even remove text from the URL bar if using a local file as a custom home page

>firefox cant even remove text from the URL bar if using a local file as a custom home page

you told me firefox was better than chrome Jow Forums why would you lie

Attached: 2019-03-17-150221_3840x1080_scrot.png (1633x39, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

luke-baker.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe it's a feature not a bug!

I'm not even sure what you are complaining about.

when you open a new tab the URL bar is filled with text (whatever file path leads to your home page), you have to manually ctrl-a to highlight this text to begin typing whatever you opened a new tab for.

Oh I see, you're either nitpicking or autistic. Either way, have a good day.

>wanting to disguise the URL of your page
Firefox protects the user from deceptive fucks.

Then why not use blank pages for new tabs?

There's an option in about:config to make it automatically select all when selecting the url bar (no ctrl+a needed). Search for URL in about:config and you'll be able to find it in under a minute.

>protect the user from his own home page

Control+d you insufferable faggot.

>just use a dumb workaround instead of having your machine do exactly what you want

jesus Jow Forums i thought you had some self respect might as well just bend over for microsoft while your at it

i can't tell if you're shitposting or serious

>having your machine do exactly what you want
Yeah, that sounds exactly like Chrome.

Stay on chrome, someone has to support all our datamining careers.

>b-but the alternative is worse

Attached: Soyboy-2.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

So what? Grab the source code and add your feature in if you're that adamant about it.

No, the alternative is exactly like that. If you set a custom homepage in Chrome you have the same problem of having to click into the URL bar (and as suggested you don't have to CTRL-A with FF either). A new tab doesn't open your homepage, but the "New Tab" page.

works for me.

it works for me because I use something for it:
luke-baker.github.io/

only numales use chrome lmao

>n-no YOU'RE THE NUMALE

It could just as easily be a locally stored page opened by malware, or placed as your homepage spoofing the URL of your real homepage.

>clicking
what is ctrl-L

if malware has that much control over your system whats stopping them from just installing a keylogger and taking whatever they intend to get by phishing 10x easier?

>having a custom home page
Maybe because you're a ricer faggot.

If you have malware on your system, do you want to see signs of it, or would you rather everything give it every opportunity to hide itself perfectly?

You do realise currently there would be no signs of malware because it can't access anything right? This entire thread is about how you can't control something that should be a very obvious feature.

>Jow Forums why would you lie
Thanks for bumping the Firefox statistic, retard. :)

Tell me why making the URL bar say something other than the location of the current page is a feature and not a flaw. Should folders also have a way to make the file manage address bar say stupid shit other than /path/to/directory? Should png files have some extension to override the edit tools in your image viewer?

>open new tab
>start typing
VERSUS
>open new tab
>ctrl-a
>start typing
Literally 50% more work

Because then I can open a new tab and fluidly start typing to google something instead of being disrupted by some anti retard safety net. There is no benefit to seeing my fucking local html file home page file path every single time i open a new tab.

Open tab, click the address bar, start typing. When you click in the address bar whatever is in it is selected automatically for this exact reason.

>Ctrl-T
>Ctrl-L
if you touch your mouse at any stage then you're never going to make it

>dude just do an unnecessary extra step lol

make your own browser that pertains to your autistic demands then

>machine do exactly what you want
Are you 12? This is impossible.

works on my machine

That's how it works in every single browser, you fucking retard. About:blank tabs are the only ones that let you type to the URL bar straight upong opening them.

If you want a pointless feature so badly then grab the source code of the open source web browser you like the most and edit it yourself.

>using a local file as a home page
Your autistic use case is so autistic no one even thought about it.

>>what is ctrl-L
>L
as in, ctrl+shift+l ?

did i write shift?

you wrote it holding shift

Attached: 144837.png (680x878, 607K)

actually i turned on caps lock briefly

Attached: 1270925355403.jpg (126x118, 2K)

so, ctrl+caps lock+l ?

Attached: 85382683381471.png (360x318, 248K)

It's 1/3 more work dude.

its 50% you fuckwit

if you press F6, firecuck highlights the text by default.

i did this also, asked in the irc channel and they said it is a feature to prevent abuse.

Not related to my point, but I guess it's nice to know.

Why do you use your custom homepage for new tabs though? Just use Mozilla's homepage, if you want the same experience as with Chrome.

The fuck is this thread even about? It is better not to highlight the whole bar when clicking in it you fucking retard. I totally hate that shit in chrome. If I want to do this then there is F6 or crtl+a
Holy shit you fucking mongoloid autistic loser.