/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - very high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 31104227101l.jpg (800x356, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/wxYhzY
youtube.com/watch?v=O9IN4nAOhRM
pcpartpicker.com/list/vg3BBb
pcpartpicker.com/list/gy8mMZ
amazon.com/dp/B077BSWLTL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.RQJCbV6V0DW2
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rb9LKB
amazon.com/VG279Q-Gaming-Monitor-FreeSync-Adaptive/dp/B07KXHTRT5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

would a 2600 and a rtx 2080 be able to go 1080p 144hz on uItra on newer games?
seriously considering this

Attached: 1549328637259.jpg (1242x1387, 130K)

Do you have a picture of the connectors? I can't believe they would be molex.

I'm not strapped down to intel or amd really. I'd probably get a different motherboard with better heatsinks, corsair vengeance for the RAM, WD blue for the SSD and HDD, and a gpu with a little nicer cooler on it. If the budget allowed, I would get an AIO cooler instead of the hyper 212 just because I prefer the lower noise levels.

Again, personal preference, but I feel like that would bring the build up a notch since that one has those parts sourced from a random filter just to pick whatever is the cheapest and fits the requirements without actually looking at what it is.

This is what I would do: pcpartpicker.com/list/wxYhzY

I plan to get 2700x and RTX 2060. Now I'm not sure about Mobo and PSU. B450 Tomahawk? If not, what else.
Corsair RM650X. Good or need 750 for future proof?

>recommending the 1660 (6GB) over the rx 580 (8GB)
JUST POST THE BENCHMARKS AND THE HORROR WILL END

Also keep in mind that you could do the same exact thing with a 2600X, so it's just up to you to decide what you prefer. The 9600k will probably do better in single threaded stuff, but the 2600X will take the lead in anything else, though it would be probably marginal differences.

650 is fine and will handle basically all single GPU builds depending on what else you throw in it (like 20 HDDs, 30 fans, etc.), lot's of people like the tomahawk. I personally like the gigabyte stuff, but it's not going to make or break you either way.

Should a side fan on the case be sucking in air or blowing it out?

So AMD cups look like it would be more bang for my fuck? Specifically the ryzen series?

yes very much bang for fuck

Pic related

Lower front intake, rear top exhaust. Depends on your setup

Attached: relative-performance_1920-1080.png (500x850, 50K)

JUST™ Wait®

Attached: Shoah 2019.png (1864x857, 453K)

>~20% more performance for ~16% more cost
WTF THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

Is it worth upgrading my r5 1400 + 1050 ti for r5 2600 + 1660 Ti?
1080p

your cpu might choke the gpu but yes, 2060 was made for 1440p60 or 1080p144hz so the 2080 will futureproof you

You're probably only going to gain like 20-30% performance. I would wait until Navi and decide again.

I am looking to bite the bullet and finally upgrade to win10.
I would be stuck on an home license, is there some type of win 10 survival Jow Forums guide to the telemetry and deferring updates?

Yes

HAHAHAHAHA

All these retards who tried to push the 1660 for weeks here.

youtube.com/watch?v=O9IN4nAOhRM

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

>upgrade your processor without buying a new motherboard

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

Sent'd my thanks user ;)

Attached: ana444.jpg (608x553, 78K)

See /pcbg/ is about PC building, efficiently.

Just use LTSC. It's not rocket science.

Attached: 1552742546498.jpg (261x244, 11K)

based

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

New pc in a lope turns on for 7 seconds then restarts it's not the graphics card might be ram any way to found out it's ram or power supply or hard drive

>Linus couldn't get free shit for day one reviews
OH NO NO NO NO NO

take everything out one at a time and try again fuckknuckle, reseat your ram first tho if you are not getting beep codes.

>1080p144hz
i dont think the 2060 can do that on high/ultra

Serious opinion: Linus is an Intel shill and will stick by Intel because "m-muh gayming performance", and it feels kind of uncomfortable to watch him shit on AMD even though they're close contenders. Hell I'm gonna say most PC tech channels are giant shills for one thing or another except LGR. LGR always has fun with his videos and it feels genuinely soothing to see that grown-ass man gush about old PC parts.

Yes, it can.

the classic
>he said something bad about my friend company, thus he is a shill of the company I hate
>but when he says something good about my friend and something bad about the other company then he is BASED BASED BASED BASED!

Is this build passable? First time doing this.
pcpartpicker.com/list/vg3BBb

Bear in mind, with some parts that I already have and discounts, I've gotten it down to 1.4k.

I don't need 4k, but I do want to play everything else at max for a while. Also want VR and streaming/editing.

with a 2600?

There was a guy whining in the last thread about how his 2060 is only getting 80fps most games on high/ultra. No review sites show this card holding 1080p/144, some games not even 1440p/60

do you already have a hard drive or another ssd?

Not even that. More or less when he's siding with AMD, I just wanna back away from him even more. It's kind of like a traitorous thing. After how much he's shilled out for Intel, It's like having an ebola patient on the cruise ship S.S. AMD

Linus is not a shill, he shits on everyone equally.
He will advertise anyone who pays him, but when he does he will say it's advertisement, not hide it like most channels, that's the only thing I respect about him.

I have two 1tb HDDs as well, they're just in my current PC.

NVIDIOTS BTFO

Attached: 1550360782605.gif (500x281, 1.06M)

>not realizing you only have ~8.5 months for AMD to release new CPUs that will work on your board

nope

according to some benchmarks its actually 1080p120 and it can reliably do 1440p60 as long as RTX isnt used.

so ironically if you dont plan on using RTX the card max out a 1080p, but as soon as you consider RTX, it fails to do 1080p120, might not succeed at 1080p60 and cant do anything about 1440p60 unless DLSS is supported.

this reminds me of sega saturn, at launch it had NOGAEMS and it almost did sunk sega on its own. then it died because it was outpowered and almost no game came out for it.

It depends on the game and what CPU it's paired with.
There will be games where it can't. There are also games where the 2080ti can't.

Replaced my mb, ram, cpu, and fan.
Pretty sure everythings hooked correvtly but when i try to turn it on, it begins to start (normal starting sounds, all fans and leds come on) but then suddenly stops after a second (all fans and all leds exceot mb leds turn off).

Any ideas or common mistakes that lead to this?

Without digging out all the before/after components, i can assure they are all compatible with each other and undamaged.

Nope. Check benchmarks.

>nope
what then? budget options from Intel don't show any better performance

CPU power cable
Ram
Other cables on motherboard

That order

I did. It can do it.
If the argument is that it can't do so for every game, neither can the Titan RTX.

Attached: rtx-2060-review-sniper-1080p.png (810x773, 47K)

what's a good and reliable aio watercooler

Fuck off

Attached: kill me.jpg (602x603, 48K)

either get a old i7 that fits current gen mobos or try your luck with a i5 8th gen. i think i saw a video of some famous utuber running a i3 9th gen with 2060 but i dont remember if it was good

I like Corsair's line of them.

consider a drop of 30% for RTX with DLSS and you see the issue with this RTX generation

why you gonna buy a 2060 with features you wont use instead of a 1660ti? its cheaper too isnt it?

im literally waiting for the next series to consider anything because i dont wanna sink 375 on a 2060 and live with regrets over poor RTX performance in games a year from then

Starting from scratch, I bought a 2060 for the performance alone and with full intention of turning off RTX if it hits performance too hard (which is every game).

Calculated value based on 4 games, one of which skews heavily towards GCN.
Reviews incorporating more show worse performance from Radeon.
Terrible review. But it's LTT, so not news.

C O P E

Post your Gimpworks benchmarks, quick.

>why you gonna buy a 2060 with features you wont use
You aren't going to use the extra shader units?
I didn't know people turning them off was a thing.

I mean, the reviews from the vast majority of review sites came out a while ago. That Linus was late and came to a bizarre conclusion nobody else had doesn't mean we need to revisit them.
The best case to make for the 580 or 590 are the free games. You could make the argument. But barring that it's a bad purchase.

pcpartpicker.com/list/gy8mMZ
I don't know if I should buy this or wait for zen 2 and navi. What do you guys think?

Nzxt makes the best aio coolers

Just Wait™ unless you really need the upgrade right now.

well i suppose if you already invested on it

you would still have paid for DLSS and RTX, both wich are locked to each other (apparently, maybe a patch can change this or its game-specific) and efficiency wise would fare better with a 1660ti or flat out jump to a 2080 so you might support RTX on low to mid-low tier monitors

Enthoo Pro or Meshify?

I like cases that don’t have logos on the front

not him but what you suggesting to wait for?

Navi.

What is the best AMD partner for their Radeon cards?

I'm thinking of getting a Radeon VII, this will be my first Radeon card. Who is the EVGA of AMD?

>you would still have paid for DLSS and RTX
The value of the 2060 doesn't hinge on either of those two features. They are bonuses at best, and probably shouldn't factor too heavily into consideration.
Nvidia was careful to not put a price on either. The value diminishes as you go up the chain, but there's no sudden gap between the 1660ti and 2060. They're both priced about where you would expect for their rasterization performance.

Navi on the GPU front, if only to hopefully bring NVidia back down to Earth a bit, and Zen 2/Ryzen 3000 for CPUs as they should provide a good performance bump over the current market. Moar coars for less cash.

can't go wrong with corsair

Sapphire

Ignore Navi posters, it's not going to be worth it for at least a year even if it's good.
Zen 2 on the other hand is going to be good no matter how you look at it and totally worth waiting couple months more.

This. Specially the higher end custom PCB ones.

What makes the Tomahawk better than the B450M Gaming Plus? Literally everyone recommends the Tomahawk for budget systems but I don't see why it's better for 30 bucks more.

Sapphire is EVGA
XFX is Zotac
Asus is Asus
Gigabyte is Gigabyte
ASRock is Palit

MSI is MSI?

Exactly.

Yeah, pretty gud

is it worth upgrading a 1050ti to a 1660 non-ti?
i only have a 450W psu

Asus has a bit of a history to just slap their NVidia-based coolers on AMD cards, which don't always make optimal contact with the GPU. I believe this was the case with the 290(X), so they ran much hotter than they should've with a cooler that beefy.

Huh, never knew!

Phanteks would be my choice.

Does cas latency actually help anything?

>Tfw I got a flashback of the old days with Quake 4 when sapphire still made GPUs for Nvidia and there still were more companies.

Attached: 1547245349737.jpg (492x647, 42K)

I want more Chipset manufacturers like how 3Dfx was. Give us a new 3Dfx damnit!

I wasn't sure whether to ask this in /sqt/ or here, and I figured this was the best because everyone here has dealt with this.

My cables are a fucking mess. I've got my PC, two monitors, an iMac, a Nintendo Switch, and an ethernet switch with three cables running to various things. I've got all of this stuff crammed onto an L-shaped *glass* corner desk.

Obviously the easiest thing would be to get a wooden desk, but that's out of the question for the moment.

The only thing I've done is twist tying bundles of the cables to the frame of the desk, which looks less than ideal. Any suggestions/products for what to use to conceal/tidy up the rats nest I've got going on?

Attached: cable-managemet.jpg (788x646, 740K)

>AMD Powered Chromebook
>Windows 10 desktop
???

Hey Jow Forums, I'm looking to make my first build. My budget is $1000USD, I want it for gaming. I already have a monitor, see below.
Acer EB321HQU Awidpx 32" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Monitor (Display Port, HDMI & DVI port) amazon.com/dp/B077BSWLTL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.RQJCbV6V0DW2

I have this parts list, but it was based off of a friends list, and is a few months old.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rb9LKB

Pls halp

Attached: 1552532960141.png (540x442, 321K)

It wont give you pure max FPS (might be off by 10-20FPS), but your averages should be perfectly fine.

Are there any PC Power buttons that aren't fuck ugly?

I'm building my own case and everything looks like fucking ass

Attached: it is i.jpg (593x587, 23K)

Do mATX cases essentially require liquid cooling due to the limited space? Considering a nzxt h400

PLEASE HELP I'M RETARDED

amazon.com/VG279Q-Gaming-Monitor-FreeSync-Adaptive/dp/B07KXHTRT5

Will this work with G-Sync? I'm going to be running i7-9700k with an RTX 2060 and gaming at 1080p. This monitor is perfect for what I need but it says Free Sync and I'm finding conflicting answers on whether or not it's compatible. Please save me from my own stupidity.

Attached: 1546272389267.png (1587x1600, 1.13M)

A 2080 at 1080p (stupid in the first place) needs a new i7

Instead of the 1070Ti, get a 2060 or 2080. You can also bump the PSU up to 650W.

Yeah, it does.

Yeah, a huge increase in performance Those mobo LEDs might be error indicators

>passable
I always knew you were a fag user but...

>friend keeps telling me to get a 1440p monitor but my 1660ti won't do it
Running 1080p on it will look like shit, right?

Of course not

All Freesync monitors work with Nvidia graphics cards now. But don't buy a 27" 1080p monitor, stupid little user. The pixel density is too low

>have 2600 with stock cooler
I don’t necessarily need to OC since I only need 60fps, but should I still get a better cooler like the hyper 212x? I like the idea of a quiet and cool system.

AAAAAAAAAAAA

Which one should I get then? I THOUGHT I FINALLY FOUND THE PERFECT ONE....

Attached: 1552560820187.gif (480x480, 669K)

Is rx 580 good for 1080p 144hz? Or at least 60+???

Never go more than 24" for 1080p monitors

Get a XFA240

>All Freesync monitors work with Nvidia graphics cards now
how

I got one of these for $550 CAD ($412 USD), did I do good?

Plan to swap the heatsink and blower with a Kraken G12 and a spare H105 I have.

Attached: 38691_G_1491365128554.jpg (825x825, 91K)

what processor? do you OC?

you might no have much of a power room to play