Solus 4 is out

getsol.us/2019/03/17/solus-4-released/

getsol.us/download/

Attached: solus.png (512x512, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mirrors.rit.edu/solus/images/4.0/Solus-Plasma-Testing.iso
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2 weeks early

Till they fix their repos it's a no from me. The signal is always falling and sometimes takes over 5-10 minutes to download something you could download in 1-2 minutes with decent servers.

Yet another fucking distro...yeah fuck off with that shit already.

You don't have to use it if you don't want to user

Shut up Kevin.

Attached: PKR2.gif (500x500, 600K)

Unfortunately, Solus is dead without Ikey.
Also, still no KDE flavour.

mirrors.rit.edu/solus/images/4.0/Solus-Plasma-Testing.iso

>Testing
No thanks.

Fuck off kevin

I love you kevin

Brainlet here, do I get everything in solus 4 if I do regular update, or do i have to run some command to get everything ?

just update

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-17 23-05-10.png (1366x768, 519K)

is it still a gnome theme?
is it still gtk or did they finally transition to qt?

I don't know anything about that, but I like Budgie because its the closest thing to Windows 7's UI.

The only problem I've had with Solus is updates stalling, even when I use the terminal to update, but they mention that they're rewriting the Software Center, so at least they're aware of it being a problem.

Solus is a pretty good distro. Great default setup, I like their choices of default packages, Budgie is great, their software repository has everything I want, and (when it works) Software Center is pretty nice.

If this doesn't rape itself on the first system update after the install, I'm pretty happy about it. Budgie is like non-retarded and stable GNOME.

Reminder that previous version was 3.9999.

I know this should probably go into /sqt/, but what would be a better babby's first distro? Solus or Kubuntu? I just want to hop off the Microsoft pain train botnet and experiment with Linux, become more familiar with it.

Both are good, both will work. Kubuntu maybe marginally better because askubuntu is very newb friendly but honestly Solus is kinda idiot proof too. Just pick one and run with it.

>I like Budgie because its the closest thing to Windows 7's UI
post screenshots
I'm interested in this budgie aero theme

How does that work?

see

does it include kevin?

I'll keep using my meme distro! Archlinux forever! All good goys use it

fuck off kevin

Attached: 89966BCCCAF140F99F6FA62CB8EBA062.jpg (640x619, 79K)

are you kidding me?
that looks absolutely nothing like windows 7

you're an idiot.

Hi Kevin

just install budgie on whatever distro you're using, solus is not worth it.

like what? debian? budgie on debian is a nightmare.

arch. just werks. you shouldn't use a desktop that is """new""" on debian, since the packages are fucking ancient.

This, kde is the only option if you want eyecandy and gaming on lower tier laptops. Not even the newest touted performance 3.32 release of gnome lived up to the hype and all proton games are still a stutterfest on my low shit hp laptop.
Meanwhile it flies on kde and sway and other non-gnome based DE/WMs

Kde looks and runs like shit.

Does this new version feature the budgie migration to qt?

>Kde looks and runs like shit.
Bleh, i don't give a shit about looks. All that garbage is customizable by designing your own svg files so there is no limit on how it looks. Performance is what matters. Only a pure x11 DE/WM can deliver proper performance for proton games and even that fails flat on gnome. They probably broke redirecting fullscreen again or some such bullshit.

>Does this new version feature the budgie migration to qt?
Nah, that shit's on ice since ikey was the only one actually pushing for it. I don't think there is even one line of finalized code written for it.
Btw, ikey is now working for intel on clear linux again. If you want performance then you want that.

t. never used KDE since 4

Dropped this distro like they dropped qt budgie rewrite.

>kevinde
i should just install ubuntu and move on with my life at this point.

if your pc is good enough to deal with gnome's antics, then yes.
my t430 (i5-3320m, 8G ram, and hd 4k) feels weird about it.

But kde 4 was great? Plasma is dog doo doo. Settings everywhere, fucked mouse acceleration, no consistent UI, and for what? A pretty task bar?

No thanks.

What are some of the merits of clear linux?

It's run by the best tech corporation.

>they finally transition to qt
They cancelled transition to qt, it'll be gtk4 later.

you mean 1 year late

>Btw, ikey is now working for intel on clear linux again.
Source?
I remember reading that he married and her wife got pregnant, and he decided to went away from coding.

Ikey left Solus!?
Shit that's like Haake leaving Meshuggah. The band just wouldn't fucking work.
Oh well. Nice while it lasted.
SOLUS RIP

He stopped contributing like year ago and it hasn't died. Solus will be fine.

My solus installation shit the bed and won't beet past a GRUB command line. Looks like it's Debian time!