CPU Die Solering

Why is this a special thing now when it was a standard thing pre-Z77 Ivy Bridge

Attached: AMD_Athlon_64_X2_6000+_(ADA6000IAA6CZ),_heat_spreader_removed.jpg (1600x912, 525K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because Intel wanted to cut costs and increase margins at your expense, goy. AMD solders their CPUs just fine (except for the Ryzen APUs)

They Ryzen APU not being soldered is at least tolerable because you're not supposed to crank the voltage up to high heavens, but for intel to use TIM on a K series SKU, is just wrong.

Top kek
Amdrones can't even delid their cpu without breaking it

>buy AMDumb
>don't even have option to delid and overclock
You retards are stuck with your shitty IHS's soldered, Intel allows their customers to remove the IHS and overclock those bitches like mad
Fuck AMD

Attached: 1550564174303.jpg (365x365, 56K)

Because Sandy Bridge was too easy to overclock and still relevant even today

oy vey

Attached: 49947299_2244396855803968_4193326259285000192_n.jpg (532x960, 29K)

oooOOOoooooOOOooooo

Attached: spectre-exploit-logo.jpg (1600x1200, 93K)

Attached: 1552309863230.jpg (1280x720, 145K)

kek

Lol

overclocking.guide/the-truth-about-cpu-soldering/
intel saving money really

The jews found out that they made Sandy Bridge too powerful and easily overclockable so they fixed their mistake with Ivy Bridge and beyond.

>-55 °C to 125 °C
This article makes my fucking blood boil because it the equivalent of force feeding a rat half it's weight in salt and proclaiming salt will fucking kill you
This shit was nothing more than Intel making der8auer write some bull to do damage control on their cum TIM housefire CPUs
The whole article was basically discredited when Intel decide to move their fuck huge dies to TIM which is the dies that shouldn't have issues with soldering but now we know it's just for cost cutting

The only reason Sandy was soldered is because their HEDT at the time was still Nahelem from 2008, and anyone buildng a workstation used a P67 board with Sandy, X79 didn't even exist until late 2011, then when Ivy came out in 2012 they went fell Heeb and used the paste, which when it goes bad or is poorly applied, makes it impossible to cool even with a huge ass heatsink.

>intel switches to TIM to jew the goy even harder
>massive uproar as temperatures soar
>switches back to solder
>intentionally applies the worst solder solution possible
>it's barely any better than TIM as a result
>"See? you should just accept the TIM."
I'm not falling for your jewish tricks.

I think its better to have removable IHS than shitty amd soldered AM4 cpu
You can have a hardcore overclocking direct to the die itself. Good call on amd tr4 cpu removing the 2004 tier soldered cpu shit

Attached: fsd8-021_fsd8_021_02_800x800.jpg (800x800, 233K)

I dont even understand how Intel is even still a thing, they've got chips that barely outperform a ryzen 2700X while using more energy and costing more, they're basically riding off a name and dunbasses who bought into shilling.

seething

Attached: 1536470666185.png (682x792, 339K)

Delid dis you stupid goy

Attached: 51638084_2231272083605531_8167496593906335744_n.png (719x720, 315K)

People who need low latency and jitter will pay extra.

TIM is both solder and paste

No, Tim is an enchanter.

>jitter
But moar cores cpus get more stable framerates I'd you're referring to gaymen.

>MOAR COARS
>what is CCX latency and high RAM latency

Latency within the CXX is fantastic though, and according to Intel users no game uses more than four cores so it's not an issue.

Attached: 1484523527834_1.jpg (988x712, 43K)

>shitty solder
get a load of this good goy

I want to go back to direct die

It is an issue because driver and OS code will execute on either side resulting in significantly higher latency. And that's excluding the exorbitant memory latency of 80ns.

>They Ryzen APU not being soldered is at least tolerable
No. No it's not. Stop making up excuses just because it's your AyyyMD overlord.

Why would you delid if it's already superior to most solder pastes on market?
Even if you put top of the line paste you will still get 3-4C lower temps which isn't huge.
If you are ln2 overclocking or doing some shit with your cpu then you should be smart enough to desolder lid by yourself.

Who fuckin overclocks a 2400G? the thing already beats a 220w piledriver CPU and sips power. Like I said before, TIM paste on an unlocked SKU processor, which shouldn't even be a thing because you're milking it, is jewing at the highest level, and it took ryzen to make people see that Intel is some bullshit.

Is soldering actually a bad thing?

No, a soldered die will protect your heatsink from chipping off the silicon die and destroying the chip and it transfers heat, AMD FX are known to be a housefires, not because the temps of the chips are so high, but because the heatspreader transfers that 125w thermal output into your cooler very well, unlike a haswell i7 that is thermal throttling then when you touch the heatsink it's cold because it cant get the heat off.

That's some real mental gymnastics right there
>unlocked intel with paste BAD
>unlocked AMD with paste GOOD

I didn't even know the 2400G was unlocked, and yes i'd prefer a soldered spreader, but get a Ryzen 7 1700 which is really chip now and OC, it's not like intel where you needed to get an HEDT platform with expensive boards and chips just to get a soldered spreader.

>unlocked high end intel with paste BAD
>unlocked low end AMD with paste GOOD ENOUGH
ftfy

>chip
cheap**

No, AMD fucked up. When they released Kaveri refresh (FM2+) APUs with soldered IHS I thought they'd do the same to Ryzen, but no, they jewed out

Forgot pic

Attached: L_00009038.jpg (560x560, 139K)

Bulldozer type module CPUs are based, what can I say?