Few ryzen 2 features

1) New memory controller with partial error correction for nonECC memory
2) Desktop processor with two (2 CCD) chiplets on board, 32 threads maximum
3) New MBIST (Memory built-in self-test)
4) Core watchdog - is a fail/safe function used to reset a system in case the microprocessor gets lost due to address or data errors
5) XFR - at the moment I do not see anything special about it, the algorithm and limits have been updated. Scalar Controll come back with new processors.
6) Updated core control has a symmetric configuration of the active cores . In 2CCD configurations, each chiplet has its own RAM channel in order to minimize latency to memory access. 1 channel on 8 cores will be a bottleneck if you use the system in the default state.

overclock.net/forum/13-amd-general/1640919-new-dram-calculator-ryzena-1-4-1-overclocking-dram-am4-414.html#post27895416

Attached: 1k5gzo.jpg (552x367, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

schedule.gdconf.com/session/amd-ryzen-processor-software-optimization-presented-by-amd/864865
techreport.com/news/33648/updated-cannon-lake-core-i3-8121u-may-support-avx-512-after-all
en.wikichip.org/wiki/x86/avx-512
hrtapps.com/blogs/20171212/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should I get 2300X for $103 or Just ® Wait ™ for a 3300 (~111, I guess?) for MUH GAYUMZ only?

schedule.gdconf.com/session/amd-ryzen-processor-software-optimization-presented-by-amd/864865

we will know in march 20

How the fuck are they going to do "partial error correction" without ECC? Level 4 cache?

>march 20
AAARRRGGGHHH FUCKING WHEN
I CAN'T WAIT ™ FOR SO LONG

Does it have an AVX512 equivalent yet?

either a shared big l4 or a small private one ala arm

why? is there a desktop intel cpu with the full avx set on it?

LOL only fucking platinum have it all

>A feature that throttles the CPU so badly that it's faster to not use it.
Intoddlers btfo, etc.

True if big.

These ones have it user.

It excels in some areas where Ryzen has typically had a niche.

Attached: avx512.png (1146x996, 184K)

no they dont intel never gave full avx 512 support to anything but platinums
avx 512 is a big selling point for them

Attached: avx512.jpg (621x469, 42K)

Your own chart shows exactly what I just said. Core-X CPUs have it, and it's the same feature as the skylake Xeon. Knight's Landing is Xeon Phi - a coprocessor on a card - not a platinum.

How much faster will it run games?

Will they fix the input lag?

It won't. Gayumz need MHz, not cores

>core x have it

do you even read user?

Skylake xeon and core x are in the same fucking bubble, I don't know what you're not getting here.

oh look it's your fucking xeon platinum. guess what. it's a skylake xeon per the highlight. which in turn has the same avx512 tech as core-x per your graph.

Attached: platinum.png (1163x663, 102K)

maybe you should google what each codename means user

Actually leveraging AVX512 to its fullest is really complicated.
TBQH, I don't understand why intel is trying to push for it so hard when it has so many drawbacks from power and size. For those kinds of workloads, you should just use an accelerator. They're fucking made for that exact purpose and do it better.

Look, even the i3 has it.
techreport.com/news/33648/updated-cannon-lake-core-i3-8121u-may-support-avx-512-after-all

jesus he still continues
en.wikichip.org/wiki/x86/avx-512
there is not a single DESKTOP cpu that support all of the IS of the avx 512 only fucking platinums

Maybe you should read your own sources. Again this only supports my arguments.

Attached: avx512-2.png (2222x1511, 333K)

>supports my arguments

because its a well known fact that intel doesnt compartmentalize its features so that they can sell their xeons right?

with your mentality whats the point of buying a xeon since in reality all of the cpu's support full avx and ecc?

Just to head off any confusion about the items in your chart showing additional AVX512 support beyond Skylake X, those are future CPUs and/or Xeon Phi coprocessors.

Now this is a marketing argument since you can't win the technical argument? lol.

Actually the enthusiast CPUs don't support ECC, so that's one reason someone might want a Xeon. Actually the graphic I just posted shows lack of ECC support on Enthusiast/X series, so it sounds like you didn't read that either.

Nigga, I've been waiting™ for almost 3 years. You can wait. You probably should be buying over BF or the holidays anyway.

Marketing is fun too though I guess. Here are some reasons someone might buy a Xeon, beyond ECC:

Additional Omnipath links for dual/quad CPUs. Integrated Arria FPGA in Xeon 'P' models. Xeon boards available with NVLINK 'slots' for highest performance GPU coprocessing. Xeon supports FB-DIMMS for multi-terabyte RAM configurations. Xeon supports NVDIMMs for non-volatile 'memory. Xeon has models with more cores. etc.

you must be joking
hrtapps.com/blogs/20171212/

Joking about what? ECC? The article you linked is about a machine with a Xeon and ECC. If you expect me to read the whole article to sleuth out what your point is, then feel free to go fuck yourself.

Why isn't AMD increasing mhz, then?

You would have more longevity if you decided to get the new amd chips. If you just started build a pc, that's the best option. For myself, I didn't know that amd had a new chip line up so I'm stuck with a 2400g for a little while. Still is a gud fuckin chip, it is

>a xeon an a ecc
>convinietly seeps out the benchmarks between the xeos and the "HEDT" cpus that suppose it have the full avx 512 set

In English, if you can, please.

Core x series does supoport avx512 instructioon set while zen doesnt

Attached: 1547932695119.png (1682x54, 12K)

It's expensive

>BF
Excuse me?

Yeah and it's even shittier in gayms LUL

But avx512 is really just not worth the die area it's printed on. Better off making more cache than that bloat.

>1) New memory controller with partial error correction for nonECC memory
That's a DDR4 spec thing, it's already existent on DDR4 memory controllers.

Can you give a link to info on this? I can't find anything.

>chiplets

Attached: 371-3710521_view-samegoogleiqdbsaucenao-nu-wojak-soyboy-wojak.png (572x693, 10K)

those are cool and all but it still wont dethrone intel lmao