We're fucked

we're fucked

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-18 r Android - Android Q makes custom ROMs and TWRP basically impossible Nice job (830x348, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/topjohnwu/status/1107341303933779968
old.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/823m9r/why_do_i_still_have_google_connectivity_services/
old.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/83wqdp/project_fi_and_gapps_inside_lineageos/
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208094
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sir do the needful and delit this thread, tnx

>actually browsing a reddit board for android phones

Jow Forums is dead, go make a fuck Apple thread and quote satania for the 4000th time

the same shit they said for NOUGAT too...
and basicly every other version

Attached: iGsd10f.png (1080x1920, 310K)

i love you user

I don't care, the Z5 Compact is the last

Attached: kuro5.jpg (483x589, 78K)

Custom ROMs are a fucking scam. You can't even use them unless you own one of a handpick of devices that come at an exorbitant price. If you pay more than $200 for something that'll break the first time it slips off your hand, you're a retard.

Enjoy your botnet

Cheap Chinese flagships have the most ROM support. OnePlus, xaiomi etc. Samsung, Google, LG it's basically non existent. Pixel gets less ROMs every year.

I bought some Motorola thing for $150 that ran and runs Lineage fine. That was years ago, it's probably even cheaper now.

or wait for that Librem thing.

>a handpick of devices that come at an exorbitant price
nigger most lineageos devices are xiaomemes or old refurbs

Yes. I really enjoy my functioning device to the price of allowing Google to spy me when using GMail.

>buy S7
>slap UAG case and screen protector
>have indestructible phone

Good for you

>Cheap Chinese flagships
complete fucking nonsense. no shortage of chinese phones you can't get root access to. but nice try, chong.

i admire how you're so fat and fucking retarded that you can't post a link but somehow worked out how to screen shot. amazing.

thanks for not posting the link to the actual source and for posting a reddit screenshot, you fat incompetent retard.
twitter.com/topjohnwu/status/1107341303933779968

What does the Q stand for?

quck

queer

quack

quife, a french specialty

Even when Nougat becomes as obsolete as Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich?

Those are the exceptions, I can only think of Huawei

ANDREETS BTFO

Attached: 4642CA35-E170-42F5-BE03-7E134D6C297E.gif (220x123, 113K)

Is it at random which phones get LineageOS support? The Galaxy S5 from 2014 got 16.0 support day one, while my slightly newer 5X doesn't have it yet. Nor does the even newer OnePlus 6T.

doesn't work on android threads, pajeet apple drone. back to your designated shitting street.

Tons Xiaomi Redmi series is very sparsely supported.

based. fucking finally

Seething

Attached: android_wojak_knowyourmeme_www.9gag.com.jpg (2048x2048, 400K)

You know how you can get around this? Simply...don't update to the latest version of Android. Good luck indefinitely not updating the latest version of FagOS

fake and gay,
sataniaposting is reserved for shaming itoddlers, find you're own meme

>j-just never update
Hahahahaha

Because nobody buys them, not because they're impossible to root, a device will only get lots of community support if it sells well in pajeetland

Sure, it's not like i have another option.
There's the iPhone SE i guess but i don't want to go apel

c & b

Yeah, I don't see the comedy. Since, what, the alternative on iOS is be forced to update and then have forced obsolescence forced on your device by the manufacturer so they can push you to buy a new phone every year or two.

That's much better.

They are the cheapest phones on the market, discounting self-destructing toys.

So what? You think people judge phones by their price alone?

I don't see a point in paying much for a device that you will need to replace in 2-4 years.

>simply get buttfucked by malware

Attached: 1550087845287.jpg (1080x1065, 109K)

>filename
yike

>i'm n-not seething guys, g-go back

>too retarded and lazyfat to find the link referenced in an image
>calls other retards and lazy
>pottery

oh wait, it worked!

nobody asked for your opinion, poorfag

scamsung is exactly the same

Mobile is a insecure, consumerist, dead platform. Even with LineageOS, you have blobs in the ROM, mostly just copied from the vendor. LineageOS even now ships Gapps to "make things work", so even with MicroG, you have Gapps running on your phone. Then you have the baseband, as well as general stuff like cellular network location data.

>LineageOS even now ships Gapps
It doesn't
>whataboutism
Cope

Cunny & bunny?

>t. diet apple cuck

Honestly i don't bother with government botnets (sim/baseband/whatever) since its not possible to remove them, compared to google which can easily be taken out

>It doesn't
Stop lying, pajeet:

old.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/823m9r/why_do_i_still_have_google_connectivity_services/
>Those 2 apps are shipped to allow FI users to use their phone as a "phone", that's all
old.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/83wqdp/project_fi_and_gapps_inside_lineageos/
>As some of you know, there are some Gapps inside last versions of Lineage in order to let people using Project Fi to use their phone with their minimal functionalities. You can see this thread where a maintainer says 'Those 2 apps are shipped to allow FI users to use their phone as a "phone", that's all' referrring to Google Connectivity Services and Carrier Services.

>I don't understand this either. I'm using the LineageOS port with the microG Services Core and I still can see Project Fi, as well as other unidentified apps
No Gapps, using MicroG, and still have Gapp components running, plus other blogs. LineageOS is dead and botnet, and all other ROMs are even hackier garbage with even more blobs patching it all together. Replicant doesn't support any devices nor wifi or 3D graphics. Librem is the last hope, but enjoy shit hardware to go along with it.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-18_00-38-17.png (847x505, 68K)

>government botnets (sim/baseband/
Also you must be very special for someone to use resources to individually target you with those unicorn methods, which most of us aren't.

keep coping, loser
>No Gapps
>still have Gapp
see what you did wrong?

Because the letters are associated with food, quiche?

Attached: quiche.jpg (700x525, 71K)

Does that look like sweets to you?

>Feel free to remove them if you don't mind broken features.

/thread

Attached: quiche-sucree-aux-pommes.jpg (750x410, 94K)

My fucking xiaomi has MIUI 10 but it's based on Android 7, fucking chinks would rather use resources on a fucking skin rather than the fucking security patches.

If it'll kill custom ROMs does that mean partners will no longer be able to customise the OS?

I can see the smartphone OS industry fragmenting again, though that's maybe a good thing at this point.

Who cares, I love Samsung One UI, and root is useless, unless you're an underage retard or a manchild. Time to grow up faggots

>Is it at random which phones get LineageOS support?
Sort of, if some dev wants to port lineageos to a phone and he's willing to maintain that build then a new build is made and he stays as the build maintainer.

Except the inclusion of these blobs continues to grow and grow and the ability to remove them without rendering the device useless continues to diminish. There's zero reverse engineering being done, zero pushback, instead every new proprietary feature is just glued together by copying vendor blobs and calling it a day. The open-source aspect of Android shrinks by the minute and gets replaced by blobs, and the devs brush it off as "just a fact of life in the Android ecosystem". They welcome it in most cases, by shipping Gapp components by default instead of opt-in.

>being in control of your device and os is useless
>I love consumerist shit
Time to stop posting on a technology board.

So you're okay with not being able to get administrator access on all windows shitbox you buy? Fuck outta here, brainlet

ayyy lmao now that they have developed everything they needed and stable enough they just kick all the dev out and just keep few bad ones for maintenance.
They close source and tell you to btfo.
I remember when nexus phones where a thing a lot of rom where available.
Android will become like apple, google product are more or less like that anyway.

ANDREETS BTFO

>the worst part is that there is no good alternative now
>maybe sail OS with a fairphone but they are struggling

>open-source aspect of Android
What about the open-source aspect of Linux? Why do you need proprietary drivers for the most basic things to work?
You act as if all this it's an Android related problem, try tinkering with an Apple device to make it "libre".
>default instead of opt-in
The majority people prefer their shit to work by default, tinfoil hat wearers are free to remove the components that offend them.

>Why do you need proprietary drivers for the most basic things to work?
Outside of some printers, Nvidia, and Broadcom wifi, you don't. I'm not using a single proprietary driver, for one. And on PCs, you can get rid of bad hardware and replace with alternatives. The locked-down disposable device that is the smartphone offers no such option,
>try tinkering with an Apple device
Yeah, exactly, the only thing separating Android and Google cancer it brings from Apple is freedom.
>The majority people prefer their shit to work by default
The majority of people are retards, and enable such anti-user, anti-privacy practices out of sheer ignorance and rabid consumerism. Why doesn't iOS have access to the native filesystem, how exactly does that work in peoples favor?
>tinfoil
Nothing tinfoil about the state of the Android and Google ecosystem. Get an actual argument. Stuff like Google tracking GPS data even when disabled in settings, or FB SDKs embedded in all apps, etc, has been in the news recently, even touchscreen-smashing tech illiterates get that.

>Yes. I really enjoy my functioning device to the price of allowing Google to spy me when using GMail.
Uhh, almost all Google apps work with microG, even Maps and Gmail. But keep buying locked down pieces of shit.

>tfw rn5
did i just get unlucky on the xiaomeme lottery?

>Outside of some printers, Nvidia, and Broadcom wifi, you don't.
>Outside of the most basic things, you don't.
ftfy

Sure thing retard. The same has been said for virtually every single Android version and the solution was found. Guess what was found for iOS?
warosu.org/g/thread/S68630621#p68630775
Telemetry and backdoors you can't do anything about and jailbreaks which haven't been a thing since iOS 10 (tethered and having to redo it every time you power off your device doesn't count).
Well, you get to enjoy battery throttling or random shutdowns otherwise, while a solution to this will most likely be found. Seems like you got yourself a great deal.

>The same has been said for virtually every single Android version and the solution was found

What? It's one of the most developer friendly devices.

>anti rollback
>no official lineage os
>the only available roms now reek of pajeet and install instructions are "just flash it bro", no mention of the correct twrp or anything
i'm a bit dumb but i surely don't want to brick it, as much as i hate the botnet ridden stock rom.

>no official lineageos
yeah you're fugged
never install unofficial unless you want the bugs: you tell me experience

Well, I think the Sony Xperia XA2 has Lineage 16.0 support and it's only 5.2 inches. Same with the Pixel 2, Lineage 16.0 support soon.

Do developers announce plans to support devices?

Q predicted this.

change rom, faggot.
I was forced to use MIUI for like month. It is fucking miserable compared to anything.

>Implying I don't already have enough control over my phone
Yeah, grow up retards

Obvious bait filename you dumb motherfucker.

MIUI brings security updates too. Even if the Android version of Xiaomi phones don't get updated a lot MIUI updates still have security patches and they even bring new features too like preloading of applications in the background and dual apps which enables you to have to sets of data per app. Android has taken over some features from MIUI and vice versa. So Xiaomi may continue on ahead with MIUI if you ask me. Because of it some really old phones of theirs still receive security updates.

>The same has been said for virtually every single Android version and the solution was found
The same has been said for Xposed but poojet had spent so much time porting it on nougat by the time it came it was no longer relevant. And there goes your root rights too, OK Toddler.

>we're fucked
Yes. We're fucked. The vocative comma is done for.
The headline should be "Nice job, Google!".

>anti rollback
You flash one file before flashing TWRP to disable it. Next?
>no official lineage os
Who gives a shit? There is Pixel Experience, Resurrection Remix and you name it official custom ROM available.
>i'm a bit dumb but i surely don't want to brick it, as much as i hate the botnet ridden stock rom.
Watch some YouTube tutorials first and read XDA threads more carefully.

>forced to buy a new $800-$1000 phone if you want software updates
>can't have ad blocking, VPNs and a firewall at the same time
>can't fully uninstall system software to free up space, but just disable it
And this is just the start.

>>forced to buy a new $800-$1000 phone if you want software updates
The Andreet experience.
Can on iOS LOL without root.
Just Samjeet Problems
support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208094

I got troubles with Official lineageOS for microG for my device. Shall I try AOSP extended and set microG manually? Not a problem for me since I did it before, but isn't aosp extended a ricer pajeet shit?

>no link to the article
>OP expects everyone to form the same opinion he has by reading the title only
Post-Jow Forums Jow Forums is such a shithole holy shit.

Attached: 1552673300986.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

That's not gapps you homo.

By the time it's released Librem 5 and Pine64 Phone will be out so it's irrelevant.

It's not the fault of custom ROMs that (((ARM))) doesn't have a standardized UEFI. Look at Android x86 and LineageOS x86. The single ISO ("ROM") works on a billion different computers, laptops and tablets because x86 is less shit than ARM.

It's very difficult to get malware if you use AFWall+, AdAway and IceCat+uBlockOrigin.

Feels good having galaxy s5 which literally has none of that.

You don't need microG.

>You don't need microG.
You don't know this. I am not (You). Thank god.

>forced to buy a new $800-$1000 phone if you want software updates
>The Andreet experience.
That only applies to locked down Android devices. Good thing you're not forced to buy only those. But yeah, having battery throttling when Apple decides your battery is old enough and random shutdowns otherwise are surely better. The iWhatever experience...
>Can on iOS LOL without root.
Proof LOL?
>Just Samjeet Problems
>support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208094
Yeah, nice little Apple curated list of software you can uninstall.

>By the time it's released Librem 5 and Pine64 Phone will be out so it's irrelevant.
Yeeeaaah... It's just that the Librem 5 has been dalayed three times already, costs $600 and has a 720p screen above all other downsides. I don't think it will be a thing, or at least not in its first iteration.

It's over for pajeets

Finally ROM faggots will get fucked. Objectively one of the worst tech communities.

Based

>what is security
>what are new phones that come with it preinstalled.

It's Google so I would be surprised with Queer

>I love Samsung One UI
Yikes