ITT, worst distro you have have ever used

ITT, worst distro you have have ever used

Attached: 1551477383524.jpg (1000x563, 231K)

pic related

>inb4 Windows 10

KaOS. I got sold on their philosophy of focusing on mainaining only one DE (Plasma) and doing it good. Booted up the LiveCD and everything looked pretty good, initially. Welp, turns out their idea of "focusing on one thing" is basically not including basic shit in the repos. After I tried to install GNU Stow and got "No packages found" I was like "welp, bye".

But all of them are the worst

Attached: 87035.png (300x300, 133K)

Got a CD of a version of SCO with a book. Fucking thing installed it with the main partition set read-only in fstab. Couldn't set it read-write because fstab was readonly.

I'd have needed boot the install CD and mount the partition RW, but this was my first attempt at linux and livecds weren't a thing yet (at least, as far as I know).

Wiped that shit in disgust, and it was a couple years before I tried linux again.

Void. It doesn't do anything well. I'm not sure there is a clear direction of the project. They just seem to throw in every idea they steal from other distros.

OpenSUSE.

fedora
mint
kali

Linux

Debian

Ubuntu, the only distribution I tried.

debian

Fedora is the only one that actually shit itself after a update. Ive used Arch for a year or two afterwards and recently switched to Gentoo for the meme.

Ubuntu GNOME 18.04
Ran like shit and was unstable unusable garbage both on toaster-tier and moderately powerful hardware.

Also some version of that KDE Neon thing where panels and window manager mysteriously crashed all the time making those UI elements disappear and the DE unusable.

Something called T2. So broken.

Archlinux

mint

Arch linux

Attached: 1552782479255.png (1000x1000, 76K)

CentOS 5. I didn't really use lots of different distros.

Kubuntu back when it looked like a stillborn windows vista. It was the only distro that legitimately made me angry every time I used it or thought about it

Linux

Your Mom.
Can't even make a sandwich right.

#!

I fell for the rice memes

OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with an nvidia card.

ZorinOS in terms of stability and performance
As for UI, Q4OS

Fedora
Good lord what a bloated piece of trash.
I was frustrated with the lack of packages in my long-time home distro. I just learned how to packages stuff myself :^)

Gentoo

Attached: gentoo-logo.png (666x800, 119K)

PearOS, I unironically loved that shit as a kid though

Attached: a0tjwi6aki211.png (1024x575, 549K)

Ubuntu and Arch

Arch = Worst distro ever.

AUR is full of malware and without the AUR Arch has no fucking packages.

I'm all but certain there is a cabal made up of other serious distros that invented Arch and the Arch wiki in order to create a containment area for low IQ skiddies.

Arch, the packages in the aur I need are all outdated or take a week to compile so I have no idea why I still use it.

Manjaro has broken randomly more on me than any other distro. Manjaro once decided to remove my fucking swap partition for no reason after restoring from hibernation. I have no idea how it managed it, and I couldn’t extend my home logical volume with lvm to use the extra space. It just disappeared. Manjaro literally ate my fucking disk space.

Had to end up creating a swap file until other Manjaro issues caused me to find a non-shit distro

I have never used a more broken fucking distro in ten years of using gnu/Linux. It makes Arch look like fucking Debian in comparison.

If you want a rolling release just use Arch or Gentoo. Manjaro is a babies first distro which doesn’t even work properly, and the only people use it other than one of the *buntus is unwarranted superiority, unwarranted because they’re both gnu/Linux for babies

*buntu
t. 25+ year linux user

gnome

distro, dipshit. Gnome runs on all of them if you want it.

k lol

Every distro out there sucks

arch easily

That picture is all kinds of hilarious

gentoo

arch linux

Same. It’s literally systemd-less arch, just with less packages, less support, shittier everything, and run by furries. Dumb as fuck. Only decent non-systemd is Devuan

Imagine being this much of a cockloving niggersissy lel.

fedora, parabola and lesbian other than stable on servers

faggot ever heard of gentoo?

Gentoo is a meme, not an actual OS.

windows 10

LFS was the worst. The maintainer (one person) had no clue what they were doing and fucked everything up. I was lucky if the thing even made it to GRUB.

Attached: 1552698147571.png (388x316, 97K)

Anything with GNOME

unity ubuntu takes the cake for me.
Windows ME if you're counting windows. Windows 8 trails closely. 2000's Mac OS is also pretty awful.

TouchWiz for phones.

Best distro I've used is Alpine, followed closely by Arch.

Kek

Same. Took over 3min to boot on my x201 with KDE. Manjaro i3 boots in 25 sec

I’ve honestly never had a single problem with manjaro in half a years worth of usage

Literally a meme OS for autistic faggots that spend more time configuring USE flags than actually using their computer

Arch

Attached: chen_is_displeased.jpg (341x341, 26K)

Mint. Automatically connected to their IRC servers with my full name in the open. Never again.

Imagine projecting this hard.

Attached: 1550084777801.jpg (567x425, 37K)

when you are too much of a faggot to even bother looking the program up before compiling

Debian

What's wrong with it? I'm thinking of trying it so I'm curious

suse linux enterprise

This.
/thread

Not him but
>SJWs
>forced systemd
>Fails to install GRUB despite being "stable"
>Mutilated packages like IceWM which have monstrous defaults
>Ancient packages even when stability is not a problem, that will force you on buster/sid
>Packages break very easily on buster/sid such as wine-staging

Nothing is. I'm in the process of switching over to it. I find that it's better than Ubuntu or Mint.

>kali
I hope you're joking and didn't really use it outside of a forensic tool

arch Linux without a doubt

ure favorite fistro

Solus

What an overhyped piece of shit

Attached: solus-circle.png (512x512, 32K)

Arch, Gentoo, and Ubuntu. All of them are constantly broken garbage. Best one for real work is Devuan, or Debian with sysvinit. OpenSUSE with KDE is good but bloated. Slackware is nice for tinkering on a spare machine.

Personally I have Devuan with FVWM on my workstation. Simple and easy to set up and maintain and stays out of my way while I run the software I need.

Attached: 1502234588486.png (1278x736, 77K)

Arch- Insert Xorg meme here?
Antergos- I cant get it to not lag no matter what hardware I put it on.
Manjaro- Dies within two weeks and can't dualboot it with anything otherwise I get a kernel panic.
ubuntu- more about the direction they've tried taking with ubuntu, how do you go so far as to fuck up a DE and piss off your userbase, I'll never know.
Elementary- You want donations for a shitty gnome 3 + dash to dock reskin? Go fuck yourself.

Whatever version of Ubuntu made PulseAudio included by default.
It was the most broken and badly designed distro I've ever used.

mandriva
open suse is a close second

>thing where panels and window manager mysteriously crashed all the time making those UI elements disappear and the DE unusable.
That's just.. KDE, user.

gentoo, unironically

>t. incompetent lazy zoomers with attention span of a butterfly
Take your Adderall, kids.

Attached: 1540626051212.jpg (395x398, 15K)

xbps is faster than pacman. xbps packages more than arch. most of the shit you can find in the AUR already is in xbps packages. void breaks less than arch. void actually has a competent package manager.
i can name so many reasons to use void over arch.

I notice how you couldn't prove me wrong

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Attached: 1523539213017.png (499x518, 252K)

you use debian my nigga?

Devuan. All mirrors were dead when i tried to install it and random desktop components were not working

debian/opensuse/fedora/centos
Never had issues with any of these distros, and they all serve in different spots in the network.

>AUR is full of malware and without the AUR Arch has no fucking packages.
fucking read the makepkg scripts before you run them
also, i've never had to download any critical packages from the AUR ever, you're full of shit if you think arch (((needs))) the AUR to work.

Attached: 1549885497016.jpg (324x419, 41K)

fedora, it's pretty useless when opensuse and ubuntu exist

Arch.
Tbh it's hard to escape the meme if you are a noob to linux like me. Jumped right into arch after a few days with Ubuntu because I wanted to learn and configure my own system and use tiling WM and what not.
It was a slow and painful process of liberating myself and going against the current.
What saved me was my love for gnome. I fell in love with the beauty of this DE, but using it on Arch made me feel filthy.
So I wondered, who made gnome?
So I tried fedora and was saved.

I quite like arch, why don't you? I'm running it with GNOME and have no problems with that. All packages that I need are either in the repos or AUR, simple! No flatpaks, .rpms and complicated things like that

because I don't trust the aur and I am too lazy to bother reading the code every time before I update.
also rolling release just makes me uneasy, having to update everything all the time.
I don't need this kind of responsibility and waste of time, when there are other people who do it for me and are much better at it than me, because its their job.
At some point you gotta ask yourself why go through all this trouble?
Unless you really enjoy it as a hobby so it's OK I guess.
But for me, I have other things I prefer doing on my free time.

Ubuntu

Gentoo

>t. upgraded to CentOS 6

sles 10

>every distro can use gnome

opensuse and ubuntu, they are pretty useless when fedora exists

ubuntu, installed the lts one on my mother t450s and every 2 day something was fucked. installed void xfce and everything is fine since then. fuck you canonical con artists.

Trisquel. It's the FSF's flagship distro but
>Every package is ancient for stability reasons
>But its still unstable
>The DE it ships with is terrible
>The system is locked down because it's meant for normalfags
It's a distro that appeals to nobody.

SUSE/OpenSuse
They try to be helpful with graphical configuration tools like YAST, but these ultimately just get in the way and fuck shit up.

parabola is great

>Only decent non-systemd is Devuan
That's a strange way of spelling gentoo

Opensuse