Decentralized chans?

So in the wake of the meme shooting, we Jow Forumsacks have been discussing the possibility of us losing our beloved home and imageboard in the future.

While browsing one of those threads I came across this site, pic related. It's being crowdfunded.

My question for you is; would something like this be a viable option? How would it even work?
Keep in mind that a big crackdown on the nsfw boards would also eventually reach you aswell, as it would be an attack on not just evul nadzies, but eventually your bugs, exploits and general internet privacy aswell.

Attached: 1258974.png (1440x1531, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

0chan on zeronet is already a thing

checked.
>you like shitposting around nsfw?
>how about hosting some?
Don't think so.

back to your containment faggot

Back to your containment board faggot.

>containment board
Maybe you should try answering my questions then, homo. Where do you think we'll go once the nsfw boards are closed?

Attached: img15.png (600x599, 274K)

To reddit. Where you belong.

This! So much this electric boogaloo!!!

I'll post whereever the fuck I want.
I'm here, am I not?
Now this user who mentioned 0chan on zeronet is onto something, but the website was slow and not very comfy.
My question remains unanswered.

Attached: 1552779685750.jpg (638x550, 36K)

>crowdfunded
Nope, its botnet or would be if it actually existed but it doesn't because its a scam.

Take your shit there pls

>our beloved home and imageboard in the future.
It was never yours to begin with 2016 newfaggot

>meme shooting
You're underage aren't you?

>My question for you...
>collect yous
Reddit as fuck. Maybe you should go there?
>get mad when people like things you don't
Also reddit.
>crypto funded
oh no hahahahahaha

Truth is you don't want "freedom of speech" you want a safespace/hugbox. Reddit meets that demand perfectly.

I'm staying right here.

Attached: 1552757676432.jpg (1023x1503, 574K)

>in the wake of

Attached: 1374944045672.jpg (700x607, 233K)

It’s onthe etherum network, it’s destined to fail

Attached: 7E7951A0-3C65-4790-91F6-241A3F64AE7E.gif (400x310, 2.77M)

>we Jow Forumsacks have been discussing
that's all you ever do. consider actually learning about decentralized systems and making one yourself. is a good start.

Attached: 1404766624364.jpg (2849x2800, 2.88M)

bot posting engaged

Rather then being autistic about it you can discuss how such an idea might work
>Inb4 IT ALREADY EXISTS REEEEE
yea but do you know how it works?
Do you know why it's a good idea?
Is there shit you cant think of to make it better?
Regardless of your opinion on Jow Forums there is something to be gained from this.

>freedom of speech
How is creating your own decentralised imageboard a hugbox? It's literally the opposite you moron.

>Keep in mind that a big crackdown on the nsfw boards would also eventually reach you aswell, as it would be an attack on not just evul nadzies, but eventually your bugs, exploits and general internet privacy aswell.
no just you edgy faggots
fuck off back to your containment board

what did the retard chick think was gonna happen when she put something that was on fire next to a dog's face?

>tfw no one cares about the only functioning decentralized imageboard
been a thing since 2014 and no one cares.
github.com/majestrate/nntpchan
no one actually cares about decentralization until it's too late.
it's already too late.
fuck you.

Maybe you should just kill yourself instead?

Only decent answer ITT. Thanks user.
I'm referring to Jow Forums, retard.
Why would I collect (you)'s on a board without IDs?
I asked a simple question, however this board is apparently more autistic than /x/.>sperg.jpeg
The hero Jow Forums deserves
>that's all you ever do.
Correct. It's what the board was made for.
And since I know full all about decentralization I figured I'd ask Jow Forums. Not that it has left me with any valuable knowledge. All you do is sperg over iphones vs android threads and larp as bug exploiters.

Attached: 1552524594687.jpg (737x1024, 169K)

kill you're self

0chan on ZeroNet. There's already a containment borad for your kind there.

Lurk more faggot

>It's what the board was made for
that's why you stick to generals where people post what they're working on and shit. there is 0chan like mentioned already. also, you can post on infinity chan through tor if you like being edgy gaylord. btw that shooter posted on it himself using tor, too.

I appreciate you providing some existing options, but I am aware of those. I was just wondering about the one in the OP, and whether it could even be a thing.
I was hoping Jow Forums would give me a decent answer but most of you seem to be indoctrinated zoomers.
>free. speech. board. bad.

>meme shooting
This is a convenient euphemism Jow Forums made up to promote a vile terrorist attack, don't use it
>My question for you is; would something like this be a viable option?
Yes
>How would it even work?
You host your own shit and share costs for bandwidth, there's nothing more to decentralization than that
>Keep in mind that a big crackdown on the nsfw boards would also eventually reach you aswell
No it really wouldn't. Jow Forums has rules, you have to follow them just like everyone else, I'm pretty fucking sick of your muh sjw, muh race war shit leaking into a board which is about desktop ricing and smartphone circlejerking

anything's possible, mate. if you started digging around you'd soon realize that it's just not viable.

Attached: 53679335_2137056593082865_909061683970834432_n.jpg (960x939, 131K)

>no one cares until it's too late
why is it too late?
Or are you just talking out of your ass.

Didn't know that was a thing. I just pulled it out of my ass because he had that aussie meme as profile picture.
Anyway, thanks for providing the answer I was looking for. This thread would have been alot cleaner if it wasn't for all these onions boy zoomers sperging out just because I mentioned Jow Forums.
Come to and find out.
Aaand /thread. Thanks everyone.

Attached: 1552178277848.jpg (503x1012, 140K)

>vile
you mean epic

killing a bunch of innocent people is hilarious and fine as long as they're not white amirite fellow le pede

This
Op, outing yourself as an enthusiastic participant in Jow Forums is as edgy as you can get. Noone likes you guys, you're all retarded, and ffs you're basically demonstrating to everybody that you're way underage. Noone here is against free speech, it's just that you guys are so fucking dumb noone wants to hear your dumbass opinions

You fagoots and your shithole echochamber are guilty about what happened in NZ. Fuck off.

>we Jow Forumsacks
Go back

Attached: 1550754688129.jpg (500x375, 39K)

What shooting?

I think that at this point Jow Forums is entirely comprised of trannies

It's possible, but without the Jow Forums brand it wouldn't be as pooular.

Who does a mass shooting with a shotgun? That's retarded.

Shotguns can kill lots of unarmed people just fine.

>we Jow Forumsacks

Attached: getout.png (341x334, 81K)

someone who doesn't have access to high powered assault weapons.

Jow Forums should move to an onion service if you want true freedom from tyranny. You'll be among your people, too.

You go on any board and outright say you're a Jow Forumstard, you'll get shit on for being a Jow Forumstard. Just like the faggots that say this isn't an anime website.

Attached: 1451453792829.jpg (452x680, 129K)

yes let's hide to protect our freedom of speech, great ideas guys, you all have turned into such pussies

>we Jow Forumsacks
You have to go back.

>high powered assault weapons.
Lrn2gun, faggot

Attached: SHALNOT.jpg (686x577, 118K)

heh honestly Jow Forums is doing more to save free speech then you old pc fags are doing

>Just like the faggots that say this isn't an anime website.
But it's not.

oof, big autism right here folks.

I lived long enough to see Jow Forums proudly call themselves Jow Forums.

Welcome to /gpol/

Attached: 4b596ec5.png (724x401, 173K)

No one cares, now go back to your containment board.

>crowdfunding a website dedicated to shitposting cancer which already ruined most Jow Forums boards, despite the fact that there was a lot of shit initially anyway
You couldn't fucking pay me to use it.

>this isn't an anime website.
stop watching pedo chink toons weeb

Internet streamed rampages are technology.

If anything, a political Jow Forums would be heavily libertarian.

Attached: IMG_20190117_222009.jpg (2000x2000, 651K)

until they come for you

>hey look mom i said murder was cool teehee
literally go back to your containment board

they won't come for me because i am not a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer, unlike yourself

Stupid idea, and the fact someone would even try to scare Jow Forums as far as 'lol it cud happen to u!' shows yet again how fucking embarrassing it is when Jow Forums comes here.

It's what always happens between the left and right.
One becomes popular, starts censoring, and the other becomes a bastion of free speech. Then they switch sides and start all over again.

people use intel in here
Jow Forums is far away to be Jow Forums

and yet i dont see you crying when, routinely, more than 50 innocent men women and children are killed in hospitals, homes, schools or even weddings in their own countries by american bombs
or even when sanctions on countries like iran or venezuela kill untold numbers of people through starvation or the lack of basic medical supplies.
this isnt 2012
nu Jow Forums is soi-alist, they are all about umiversal basic income and internet as a "human right"
#yang gang

Attached: Joker-Meme-678x381.jpg (678x381, 50K)

``we"
>

I'm glad to see Jow Forumsnigglet intellect isn't representative of all the boards
is Jow Forums finally recovering from the gaymergate and the elections ?

Attached: 1552653942121-g.jpg (2560x1920, 864K)

Are you gonna attempt the high score then?

>I'm glad to see Jow Forumsnigglet
It's not 10y ago anymore, you literally would be fired for saying that word, grow up faggot manchild

Why didn't she survive? I sent her my thoughts and prayers!

Attached: file.png (220x229, 45K)

what word, nigger?

lo/g/os
pot, meet kettle
this place was founded as a n anime website, however, there exist certain board like /tv/ and /co/ focused on western media where it would be perverse to discuss it.
additionally, there are neutral boards where it is only appropriate for anime to be discussed where it overlaps in some way with the main subject of the board, like transportation or torrents or video encoding.
all politics is not Jow Forums, and it does not leak more than any other board.
the only requirement remains that it must overlap in some way with the main topic of the board (transportation laws, torrenting laws, or copyright and patent laws that affect certain video codecs)
liberty is orthogonal to left and right. censoriousness is not innate to the ideology but rather to the elites that merely pretend to follow its precepts, and lead it astray.
your "both sides are bad im le enlightened centrist" spiel only functions as cover for defending censoriousness on the part of bipartisan, centrist, apolitical elite establismentarians.

actual autism

Is there any truth to the rumors that Jow Forums is banned in New Zealand and Australia? Only a matter of time before most Western ISPs and DNS servers "voluntarily" ban it like they have done with other nazi websites. Remember freedom of speech is a nazi value.

Attached: 1546375312655.jpg (636x848, 95K)

You're still not fitting it, /polshitter. This is a tech board.

>liberty is orthogonal to left and right. censoriousness is not innate to the ideology but rather to the elites that merely pretend to follow its precepts, and lead it astray.
>your "both sides are bad im le enlightened centrist" spiel only functions as cover for defending censoriousness on the part of bipartisan, centrist, apolitical elite establismentarians.
I'm not a centrist retard.
My point is that political opinions are far too specific and personal to be classified in a dichotomy, and that doing so leads to pointless tribalism.
It's far better to treat this in a person-by-person basis rather than generalizing.

Article 13 has been approved in Europe you know.

you sound assfractured and dont have a single argument
lumper vs splitter
all individuals of a species are unique, so we should stop treating species as a valid biological unit and only consider the individual!!!
you dont need a weatherman to tell the weather, any idiot can all see the broader trends.
meta posting is off topic
p.Jow Forums.org

sperged out like a true poltard.

ive been here longer than you have

is that the only thing you could came up with, lame-o

>So in the wake of the meme shooting
the chins have had dozens of shooters throughout the years and its still here
nothing will happen and you will return tomorrow like you have for the last 10 years and will for another 10 unless you kill yourself, which, thinking logically for a second, you should seriously consider

Is there anything that takes care of it being both decentralised AND anonymous? Zeronet, IPFS take care of the decentralisation only, but as far as I see your IP addresses are still visible which are personal identifying information (especially law enforcement)

So is there a platform I can look into that has both? Preferably something that doesn't utilise TOR.

so you are a zoomer
get out

you're not really helping your case, poltard

you SHOULD lose your home and imageboard if it's where you're planning shootings and sharing videos of them.

>cries out ad hominem once disagreed with
checks out desu, go back to your containment board.

No, it isn't viable. Nobody has solved the spam problem yet. The closest you can come is with designated user accounts, or federated and proof of work. Most importantly, THE CAPTCHA ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED.
Host a onion chan instead like Daily Stormer, much easier and still impossible to take down.
There's no point in making it decentralized.

Not OP, but has there been development on a CAPTCHA system at all? Surely normal (v1) CAPTCHAs are possible to implement?

Is spam the only problem? Legalities aside of course

he threw it away after unloading all shells into one m**l*m

put all of 2x4chan in jail imo

Are there really any decentralized chans that aren't dead?

Go back to Hacker News

moderation cannot be federated
carryless arithmetic could be used to weed out anyone without sufficient autism
the worst that can happen anyway is that Jow Forums loses the domain name like dailystormer and we all either have to use Tor or edit our hosts file

Aa federated chan would be possible with PKI by signing a list of active threads, threads are just a hash list of the most recent list of messages, and messages

still the risk of the authoritative server being DDOS’d, but if you use reduce TTL so that people in one city can only access it, and rely on people in that city to relay the data, you probably could reduce the upper limit of DDOS attack strength to something that one could afford peering for

Maybe other ways to bootleg DDOS protection.

meguca has nice captchas

No, because you need to be able to verify them too. There's no way to do this without having it degenerate into PoW.

go back to the cesspool you crawled out of poltard

Facebook, obviously.

Attached: 1551717431538.gif (477x512, 3.3M)

>they won't come for me because i am not a terrorist or terrorist sympathizer, unlike yourself
haha that's right nothing to hide nothing to fear.
Fucking discord tranny gtfo my board.

Attached: faggot_bat.jpg (960x711, 43K)

>nothing to hide nothing to fear
do not repeat things you don't understand
i may not want my dick pics to get leaked to the government, but in this case we aren't talking about dick pics and i do have literally nothing to hide, because i am not a terrorist trying to conceal the origins of my rhetoric
you however are, so please kindly turn yourself into the police now

>my board
no, you seem to have wandered into Jow Forums by mistake, let me help you to your actual board:

>asking Jow Forums for help
The only thing that Jow Forums ever does is making a logo. What do you expect from this shithole?