ITT, BEST distro you have have ever used

ITT, BEST distro you have have ever used

Attached: 1522520790758.jpg (1920x1081, 254K)

Gentoo

Arch GNU/Linux

For the GUI and the shortest learning curve I've ever noticed in any OS: Deepin.

KDE Neon otherwise.

funtoo

>still using it and never ever letting go

Attached: 392px-OpenBSD_Logo_-_Cartoon_Puffy_with_textual_logo_below.svg.png (392x255, 48K)

Alpine Linux, followed closely by Arch Linux.

Alpine has no systemd, no huge repository, uses busybox for all of its system tools etc. Pretty sure the whole OS runs under 200mb after loading.

Arch due to the AUR making source building trivial, meaning you have the largest available software repo available. I wish they would automate some of the install. It's not difficult, just something you can avoid. If Manjaro didn't install all sorts of nonsense I'd call it better than Arch.

this

Unironically this.

After you set everything up, it gets kind of comfy and I've stayed using it for about 2 years now.

Attached: Screenshot_20190318_115442.png (1920x1080, 296K)

> there will never be another K-ON
Now that's sad.

Why not Antergos then?

win10

Attached: guix.png (1422x1275, 205K)

Manjaro

Attached: 1549917947101.png (303x279, 18K)

Arch

I like FreeBSD personally.

gentoo

xubuntu

Slackware

Solus Budgie for general just werk Linuk with comfy default wallpapers, would recommend to normal folks, it's not complete shit.
Antergos with whatever WM or DE also just werk, but kindof ugly ass desktop manager.

Arch i3-redditgaps once you spend 6 months being a self-absorbed sperg and have a git repo with your own special personal config and scripts you don't feel like updating anymore. Sort of worth it because I like tiling window managers as a 'UX paradigm' because in terms of productivity they can replace multiple monitors very well and wish more software was available in one way or another (Adobes).

Either Fedora or Gentoo

>Bloatjaro

I'd rather uninstall a few packages rather than going through the autism process of installing Arch.

The old Ubuntu versions with Gnome 2

Attached: 250px-Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (250x206, 12K)

Debian
It's just too comfy
I love it

KDE Neon and Antergos GNOME.

Literaly this
Based Pid Eins
Gentoo is cool but I prefer Fedora for a desktop distro.

Arch unironically, finally made me stop distro hopping.

sabotage linux, gentoo and void

Patrician taste user

ubuntu 18.04 with i3

Ubuntu 16.04 with Unity.

This. The most valuable thing i learned from installing arch was how to connect to wifi from a tty.

Attached: 1550666974078.jpg (850x1006, 184K)

Bedrock

9front

which of the 6 ways did you do it? My least favorite thing about the arch install is figuring out which of the wiki's options came preinstalled with the boot media.

if you're not using a musl based distro, you're objectively wrong.

take the fucking archpill

Arch Linux

Just use the architect installer, all the advantages of their hardware-detection utility without any of the bloat.

Crunchbang. Which is just debian with the openbox wm.

I guess it's called bunsenlabs now. Maybe I'll check it out again

BunsenLabs is great (assuming you're okay with the way Debian does things). I use it on my home server and it's been flawless.

Linux Mint because i am a GUI pleb that only knows a few basic commands. I have ubuntu on my desktop because i'm to much of a tard to get AMDpro openCL driver to work on mint and boy do i hate ubuntu and yes i i'm aware of the irony.

Where/what is a good place to start learning how to use a bigboy distro? should i bother learning Mint or should i just jump into Arch?

Attached: 1552880022925.png (778x962, 471K)

Linux Mint, simple, fast. I enjoy that

MacOS

arch if i wasn't so retarded and didn't break every install

Personally I'd recommend sticking with mint while you get acquainted with the command line. You should learn to to the tasks you use a GUI for in command line and as an exercise you could write some bash scripts to automate them.