Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: class.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B0052TIRQI/
superuser.com/questions/38981/how-can-i-find-only-the-executable-files-under-a-certain-directory-in-linux
ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/
superuser.com/questions/997938/how-do-i-figure-out-why-systemctl-service-systemd-modules-load-fails
i.stack.imgur.com/6ks4n.png
f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.faircode.netguard/
f-droid.org/repo/eu.faircode.netguard_2019030702.apk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jow Forums, all my animu is on there. Please help.

I recently bought a GTX 1070 on Ebay for a bit cheaper than I was expecting (~$190 USD, when they typically even used go for about $250-300 USD where I live), but turns out that the only """issue""" with the card is that it was just the PCB, no included heatsink/fans.
After ghetto holding a spare CPU cooler to the GPU die and a fan blowing at the VRM, it worked fine, but obviously that couldn't be a viable solution.
Where can I buy some fairly inexpensive heatsinks? It's an efficient GPU, so no problems there really, might even just get a basic mixed heatsink (the kind that are made for CPU & GPU), but have no idea about VRM heatsinks.
Is there an Aliexpress store or something that I can just buy readily available VRM-oriented heatsinks? At the very least, I could even go so far as to getting some shims to level it out and make sure it's all contacting.

Is it possible to take out the mounting bits from intel cooler without destroying them?
I bought some shitty aftermarket cooler and it barely holds in place, want to swap mounting bits since Intel ones looks more sturdy

So I want an eGPU enclosure that would work with a Radeon VII and attach to my NUC using Thunderbolt 3. Would the Akitio Node Pro be a good choice?

Any good solutions for running make from inside vim? Really fucks with my workflow to have to close all my split windows just to type "make" and then reopen them again.

in b4
>open another window
I'm sshing into a remote server so any 1 window solution would be preferred.

Attached: 1552766910193.jpg (500x500, 28K)

i tried uploading a webm i created to /wsg/ earlier and got an error saying that it contained a file within it. i suspect that there may be something embedded in the source video because i didn't do it. how is that being detected and how can i find out what's embedded in the webm/source file?

I want to share a folder on my windows 10 PC and access it from my manjaro kde notebook via wireless, how the fuck do I do this? already tried right clicking the folder and setting share with "Everyone" (read only) and windows gives me "This folder can't be shared"

Vim is equipped to do this out of the box. There are a few ways you can do it.
Type :sh to get a shell prompt you can do stuff at. Type exit at that prompt to go back to vim.
Type :![command] to just run that command. it will show you the output and then say to press enter to return to vim.

Happy coding!

>I'm sshing into a remote server so any 1 window solution would be preferred.
install tmux

I've just finished babby's first certified network installation. I have two courses offered to me for free from here on out. The NCTI and the SCTE/ISBE.

Is one objectively better than the other? I was told the NCTI is an associate's degree but upon investigation it's an AAS degree which to me seems cheap like a local tech school. SCTE's curriculum seems more comprehensive, including certs like Network+ but only offers a variety of certifications.

Anybody know anything about either of those? Additionally I get around 7k a year in reimbursements through this new job, so is there anything I should be looking at to build my resume? I want to get into business and Enterprise class immediately and move away from home and private networks. I have no timeframe between promotions and can Excell immediately upon testing and demonstrative 'exam'.

How long do junior developers usually take before they start being useful? I've been working for about 2 months now and I still feel worthless

Buy a $80-100 arctic GPU heatsink.
They come with VRAM and VRM heatsinks.

How do i set dmenu to display at the bottom of the screen?

>get laptop
>make new account
>delete old one
>wont let me delete the user folder
how the hell do I get rid of this I've tried everything

Attached: Users 2019-03-18 9_56_23 PM.png (1123x592, 27K)

Make a linux boot.

install Gentoo

Example:
amazon.com/dp/B0052TIRQI/

Make a Linux USB and delete it from Linux or delete everything and reinstall windows.

The reason is because you don't have the ownership of the folder(Windows retarded stuff).

Did I actually fuck it up? I already deleted the user theres no way for me to log back in to try and fiddle my way out of this shit

oh wow I'm not sure what I did but it gave me an unspecified error and I just clicked next and its finally fucking gone. just gonna reboot to make sure i didnt ruin everything

Attached: Screenshot (7).png (1366x768, 959K)

Trying to transfer around 600 torrents from deluge on one computer to rutorrent on another. I've got all of the actual data copied over, and I know where deluge stores all of my .torrent files. I'm just wondering how do I stop rutorrent from auto downloading the fucking torrents when I add them. I don't want to accidentally fuck up my ratios. And how should I go about adding so many torrent files at once to rutorrent? It seems like it can't handle more than a 200 at once without bugging out.

Attached: 1548315073141.jpg (900x1457, 770K)

I downloaded icecat and unpacked it and I'm looking around the folder and I can't find the executable for some reason

I'm getting error 524 when browsing Jow Forums on my pc browser, what do I do?

Can mods see your post history and see when you samefag?

try this
superuser.com/questions/38981/how-can-i-find-only-the-executable-files-under-a-certain-directory-in-linux

No such file or directory it's telling me

i realized dx12 isn't even accessible on windows 7, so i need to upgrade to 10 for the sake of muh framerate in games. only issue i ran into is that the windows installer says my gtx 1060 6b isn't compatible with the new operating system.
this has to be bullshit right? is there really no work around once i upgrade?

Attached: 45913053_979647885577372_8630352260359818755_n.jpg (444x556, 58K)

not sure what's going on. find should return nothing if no match is found
make sure you're in the directory, so cd into it and
find . -type f -executable

How is an int array of length 1 the same size as an int?

ask windows for a refund and then install mint
bill gaytes

Getting some issues when booting Arch. When I run

sudo systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service

I get this error. The system boots fine but I'm worried this will fuck me over one day. I installed both the linux and linux-lts kernels but am currently using linux-lts. also have both headers installed

● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: disable
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-03-19 18:19:44 +08; 19s ago
Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
man:modules-load.d(5)
Process: 231 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 231 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

I downloaded 60.3.0 from ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gnuzilla/ so maybe I downloaded the wrong thing idk

What's the difference between RTX and DXR?
I thought games with raytracing only worked on RTX cards because they were using a proprietary RTX specific technology, but now some people are saying it's because AMD hasn't written a driver for it? So is anything actually built to be Nvidia exclusive like Physx was or is it all on AMD for not supporting it?

Attached: 1377192738260.gif (500x418, 957K)

From my understanding, all University of Wisconsin Internet traffic is piped through UW Madison, which runs an IXP. UW Milwaukee runs a Debian mirror, would I achieve any speed advantage updating my packages at school due to everything being within UW's network?

Seems fairly evident that not all kernel modules are loading on boot. So check your journal and fix the broken module.

superuser.com/questions/997938/how-do-i-figure-out-why-systemctl-service-systemd-modules-load-fails

RTX is the card branding.
DXR is the API used to get raytracing working in windows with DX12.
programs have always worked with RTX, it was just nvidia bullshit.
Raytracing has been a thing for years when it comes to 3D rendering, just not games because its too intensive and not worth it reason why its called a gimmick.

Is this bait or you are for real asking this?

Best way to protect the data on a laptop? they provided me with a personal laptop recently after I got promoted but I've got pretty much the entire source code for a program we sell for a couple grand so I wouldn't want to be on the shitlist if it ever gets stolen and someone finds the source code. It's a nice laptop much better than what I currently have so I could certainly find a use for it while at home even if just to shitpost faster.
It's a company that grew up kinda fast so we don't have a dedicated IT guy, we trust everyone "knows their shit" and can be responsible. I doubt anyone stopped to think what to do if these laptops ever get stolen or lost.
I'm thinking encrypting the HDD and setting up a BIOS password oughta be enough.

Attached: 1522836821364.jpg (850x765, 103K)

Guys im not from new zealand but australia, and last night suddenly all the non-blue boards stopped working for me. How would i know if my isp has decided to start doing what the isps in new zealand are doing (denying access to 4chin, kiwi farms, etc)?

>i have vodafone

they have

change dns

I have a phone with Android 5.0

If I block a number, will they know if I've read their texts or not ? the person is also using an Android phone.

Attached: 1467751194409.jpg (552x826, 164K)

Is it worth it to become a "AWS Certified Solutions Architect"

Next time do it this way:
i.stack.imgur.com/6ks4n.png
(or give yourself permissions to the folder, first try deleting the folder from an elevated cmd prompt rmdir /S folder).

In the two hours it's been since I posted this I upgraded Windows, updated my drivers, and I'm already playing games again at infinitely better framerates. So yeah I was serious but that's why I picked the stupid question thread to ask that in coach.

Im doing the front end portion of my group project they want us to make a quiz test web app. We are suppose to make an admin account that allows the admin to create test (add questions and answers on their admin account) a delete function is also required.

How should I get started on this?

Attached: 1550506474291.png (658x543, 606K)

Here is the thing, W10 doesnt give better framerates than 7.
GTX 1060 doesnt support RTX yet.
RTX does work in W7 since recently.

Anyway i hope you installed windows LTSC(Since you are using RTX) and disabled updates, defender, telemetry and step recorder in group policy.

I recently built a new pc.
The specs are an
I5-9500k
CX 750m
And an MSI b360m motherboard

The problem is that it won't post. There don't appear to be an issue with any of the components as the debug LEDs aren't old, so I've deduced that it's a bios issue. Is there literally anyway to update the bios even though it's not posting?

>9500k
>b360m

>B

....wat

We're also using the default messaging apps

I was getting 40FPS before, 60FPS now because of DX12. I'm gonna need you to walk me through the other things you're saying. I disabled all the options on start up it gave me about spying on my data, website usage, and location. But I don't know why I'd disable updates or defender. I'm not sure what step recorder is either.

It's not for me, nor did I pick the parts, but they are compatible

A majority of the people here freaking out about privacy are literally likely pedo's and just people outright annoyed. Every change you make will be reverted back to default by every new build too, and you have to realize you pay a price for using new software/tech.

Having said that, just because you worry about privacy doesn't mean you're hiding something, but more often than not if you're on Jow Forums and being that triggered by it- then you're hiding something.

K processor with a B motherboard, kek

Oh so that's why LTSC was suggested, I guess it blocks the reverts? And I don't think I'd let Windows 7 run an update in two years so I highly doubt I'll be clicking that little box to run any updates for 10 either.

I don't have anything illegal to hide but I don't want Microsoft spying on my naughtymachinima browsing history.

If I've had my CPU for say, eight years and haven't overclocked it yet, what are the odds it'll burn out on me in next year if I try to OC now?

It shouldn't have degraded if you didn't change voltages, so I imagine it'd basically be the same.

I sure as hell hope you changed thermal paste every 6 months though.

I uhh...I've never changed the paste. But I've never changed voltages either.

> I've never changed the paste

What the actual fuck. Go change that shit right now, it has to be nothing but cake now. It would be just cake after 2 years.

Does anyone have that infographic on how to download anime via xdcc?

Been a while since I've used it.

more likely you had shitware slowing you down on win7 that you have wiped

I really should. I'll do it in the next couple of days before I OC but I've been playing with settings and installing Windows for like a day and a half. I just wanna make a snack put on a movie and play some vidya games. ;-;

I'm not going to tell you that I disagree with you, but I will say the entire reason I decided to do this was because when I was looking at benchmarks for Division 2 people were saying DX12 gets better performance overall than DX11.

does that actually affect thermal conductivity though? i've never regularly changed paste and temps are the same 6 years on

How retarded is this sorting algorithm and/or does it already exist?
It would only work in specific circumstances and requires a fair bit of mental but someone smarter than me could probably iron that out

An example with ints:
Find the minimum and maximum of an array. make a new array of length equal to the difference between them. Add the smallest value to each element such that they're all positive or 0. Put them in the new array with indices equal to their own values, and make every other value something outside of the range. Go through the long array, putting them back into the short array if they're within the range (ignoring the larger values that fill the space between them), subtract back the minimum value, e voila, it's sorted.

Drawbacks: probably only works with ints, repeat values would be difficult, range of original can only be half of integer max value, and many more I'm sure.

For what it's worth, I bought high quality paste too. I didn't use the default that came with the CPU.

If you have data that fits its niche requirements it's useful, I use a similar algorithm to make a lookup table for animation keyframes

sounds like radix or bucket sort

It sort of reminded me of counting sort, not sure why

It really does, especially if it's so old it's caked.

wow, it actually works
def crazy_retard_sort(ary)
# setup
min = ary.min
res = Array.new(ary.max - min)
# inflate
if min < 0
ary = ary.map { |x| x - min }
end
# pigeonhole? sort
ary.each { |x| res[x] = x }
res.compact!
# deflate
if min < 0
res.map! { |x| x + min }
end
# result
return res
end

I am disgusted

Thank you

you're removing the min from each instead of adding the minimum to make the smallest value 0?

Yes.

nevermind, i get it now

Got some credit for google play store but dont know what to use it for and it expires soon. Already have nova, tasker and sleep as Android. Any paid apps im missing? Anyone of you made a paid app thats useful?

How do I use XySubFilter in MPC-BE? it doesn't seem to work at all, while both VSFilter and xy-VSFilter are working just fine.
I'm using latest LAV Filters version and latest MPC-BE release, both 64-bit (XySubFilter and the other 2 filters are 64-bit too).

I've also installed ffdshow 64-bit if it makes any difference, I'm using just the raw filter to apply Avisynth, the problem is the same whether I block ffdshow or not.

There're plenty of free apps on F-Droid better than anything Jow Forums has ever made. If you really want to spend that credit, download some paid game, like galge/visual novels, I've seen there're a lot of nice ones, check vndb to find visual novels with android releases.

I have 2 SSDs, one is 250 gb and the other 1 tb. Here’s my retarded question, windows is installed on the small drive. Will games installed on the other load slower than they would have on the drive with windows?

How do I change my DNS settings when using mobile data on my phone? My ISP just yesterday put a DNS level block on Jow Forums. I changed to Google's DNS on my router so from my home PC and my mobile when on wifi I can use Jow Forums fine. But on mobile data I keep getting pic related when trying to post.

I'm using a Galaxy A8.

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-192347_Clover.jpg (1080x2220, 663K)

no, heck they'll load even faster because your games ssd won't be dealing with the load of an OS

Is there any advantages to using RAID on a home server? As far as I know it's mostly about uptime, which is irrelevant to me and parity shouldn't matter if you're doing regular backups, right? I've been thinking of using ZFS as my file system for a while and overall it seems like stupid to use ZFS and not take advantage of its RAID ability but is it worth losing some usable space?

Your Android version?

I assume you're not rooted.
f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.faircode.netguard/ install this. This is a firewall with some other good options. Follow the first launch instructions. If you're not interested in per-app firewall, just allow every app to use internet (icons of wifi and cellular connections on the right should all be green).
Then you go to settings - advanced options - tick the "filter traffic" option. Scroll down to find 2 "VPN DNS" fields. Type 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (since we're on /g here's obligatory disclaimer about google is evil). Try using clover.

Thanks I'll give this a go. I already use clover though :)

> I already use clover though :)
I saw the screenshot, I meant try using clover after doing all that.

I keep getting this error.

Attached: Screenshot_20190319-200525_F-Droid.jpg (1080x2220, 378K)

Try updating repositories, NetGuard certainly wasn't last updated 3 months ago.
Go back to F-Droid main screen and swipe up until you reach the top and swipe one more time to trigger the update.
Altenatively just install from direct link f-droid.org/repo/eu.faircode.netguard_2019030702.apk

I'm looking into setting up basic online radio, 24/7 broadcast, when my ISP gets it shit together and finally gives me fiber. With how much of a potato I can get away with, running linux based system? Would Atom N2800 be enough?

Test

Hey thanks for this. I really appreciate it.

Glad it worked, user.

I'm looking for a book or website that could sort of help me with programming related terminology because even though I've done some programming courses the terminology hasn't really stuck for some reason and I often find myself confused when I come here and I can't for example tell what the difference is between declarative or imperative programming.

What is a proper db gain level so it's not too loud when recording audio in OBS ?
I have a part of the screen that shows how much db of volume is at the moment and I can add or reduce the db gain but I'm not sure what range I should be aiming at for a normal volume.
I've been trying to keep the microphone volume at the end of the green bar at -20 (I've had to boost it a bit since my voice is rather quiet) and reduced the gameplay audio to around -35 so it doesn't overshadow the voice recording.
Does that sound like it's a normal audio level ? I've listened to a couple of other videos on YouTube and it feels pretty similar.
The image is how it looks in obs but it's not my setup sorry, not at my computer at the moment.

Attached: y1OfYOl.png (362x234, 10K)

Streaming audio isn't that cpu intensive.
You can maybe even get away with using a raspberry pi and a USB stick with the audio on it.

is 40GB enough for / partition if I'm installing latest Ubuntu LTS (18.04 I guess)?

Depends what you want to do on that partition.
If you install a lot of programs then 40 gb might not be enough

I'm just installing the OS in there, everything else I'll put in /home
I just read in Ubuntu's documentation 20GB should be enough, I'll use this size for root partition
thanks user