Brave vs Opera - which is LESS botnet? (on Android)

Someone answer me pls:

I have narrowed my choice down to these two in the context of a range of different reasons, so don't reply with
>hurr durr Firefox
>Icecat
>Bromite
>ungoogled Chromium
or anything else like that. I understand the reasons behind those recommendations in general, I use Firefox on desktop, but for me, on Android, I have narrowed it down to these two. So just answer the question; I know both are botnet but which is LESS botnet?

Attached: brave vs opera.png (586x225, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

basicattentiontoken.org/about/
basicattentiontoken.org/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

chrome skins

answer the question

Attached: 1551447562767.png (411x410, 212K)

Vivaldi

Attached: vivaldi man.jpg (2800x1575, 465K)

on Android, m8.

Bromite

Attached: 32685733.png (196x196, 8K)

Opera is more botnet but that doesn't mean you should trust Brave.

>using your phone to browse the internet

Attached: 1359395377401.png (249x281, 89K)

both are chrome skins but Brave injects tracking headers and ads on top of adsense so it's worse

There is no tracking. Brave blocks 3rd party cookies and storage and 3rd party fingerprinting along with HSTS supercookies; thus assuring users on preserving their privacy.

if there is no tracking why did you post this thread in the first place?

t. the paid daily Brave shill OP

>along with HSTS supercookies
You should update your information before going out on a paid shilling act
Fyi there is a literal issue on Braves bugtracker that outlines all the supercoockies Chrome reskins (including Brave) cannot block, which are all of them. Google just WONTFIXes then all and there is nothing Brave can do a bout it (except switching to Firefox which Brendan won't do since he's a cock hungry jew)

I find it silly to assume Brave would “heel turn” so obviously and track their users.

>blocks all this stuff
>whitelists Google, Facebook and Twitter trackers by default i.e. 99.999% of all trackers
I wonder who is paid

it's funny when this Brave shill threads turns into bashing against Brave the shill OP stops bumping it and starts a new one, it happens every fucking day

That's because you are retarded. It's the same as with duckduxkgo. People who use Google (Chrom*) don't care if their data gets mined or don't know and if they don't know they don't need to care anyway.

If you use Duckduckgo (Brave) you are in the very small pool of people who want to hide themselves without understanding how to actually hide yourselves (else you definitely wouldn't be using any of those services for very obvious reasons). This in turn means you have something to hide but cannot hide It properly.

Now whom do you think an adversary would go for. The ddg/brave user who is one in 7 billion and who can be uniquely identified in 20 seconds or or the guy who runs Tor and fakes spam traffic who your adversary will need 20 months for to identify???

See this guy. He gets it.
Report OP for advertising and leave this thread alone.

Take the tinfoil hat off.

Don't worry Mr glow in the dark we both know some people here actually understand entropy otherwise you, someone glowing in the dark, definitely wouldn't be here would you

I use Brave browser and recommend it to anyone interested in avoiding Google services.

>numbers of IPs before this comment = 8
>numbers of IPs after this comment = 8

you are a shameless brainlet

not answering the question
THANK YOU for a straight answer
what else am i going to do on the toilet and on the bus?
are you sure? i literally haven't seen an ad on Brave so far. Broke embedded Twitter tweets and vids on RT.com though.
that guy isn't OP, I am.
>is fired for his opposition to gay marriage
>'cock hungry jew'
hmmmm.....
well heel turns do exist so they are possible
perhaps it's because if they blocked them by default, it would break the simplest of normie shit so normies would uninstall straight away?
I'm not a shill, I just want to know. Opera blocks ads but doesn't mention tracking at all so i assume they're not doing anythign abotu trackers. Plus closed source plus Chinese overlords.
Brave also blocks ads and also claims to block trackers. So I guess I'm trying to find out from /jee/ if this is true or not. If it's not true, and all it does is block ads, then that means there's no functional difference between it and Opera?
Is obscruity really the only factor at play though? Are you telling me using Chrome (which has no adblocking or trackerblocking) is better for avoiding ads and tracking than Brave or Opera?
retard

Keep in mind lads, I'm asking about on Android. It's a different question to on desktop, because
1) On desktop you can install uBlock Origin on both of them. But on Android you can't, so we're left with Brave in-built adblocker and supposed trackingblocker and the various on/off controls for each site, vs Opera with it's inbuilt adblocker that is simply on/off, no other refinement possible.
2) On desktop you're also logged in to personal stuff by default e.g. your email, while on mobile you have separate apps for those sorts of things so mobile browsing is already by default less personal.
Look m8, Android already is Google. I'm more interested in blocking tracking from shit like powerad.ai etc...

Attached: 1552744353734.png (315x276, 20K)

Opera is now a chinese company

I switched to Brave recently and after 15 minutes using it, I set it as my default browser to replace Chrome, and probably never switch back.

>number of IPs before this comment = 9
>number of IPs after this comment = 9

the shill is exposed

never let the paid shill go unexposed

So Brave is less botnet?

seriously how much do you get paid for this?

ahahJAHSJSAH I REPLIED TO EVERYONE MOMMY

Attached: 1516732512617.png (644x800, 15K)

Brave is equally as botnet as Opera. Both are more botnet than Chrome.

This is false.

"guys help me decide"
>sound advice
"abluhbluh i dont like any of this!!
Fucking google it, retard.

Attached: 1552953318059.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

I just started using brave on Android cause Firefox loaded Amazon too slowly. I like it, it's basically firefox with ublock preinstalled and a retarded ui

you are not going to get away with it this time, paid shill

PAID SHILL

shameless paid shill

don't forget the free botnet included that hides ads but still send your data to Google Facebook and Twitter.

you shameless shill

IMO Brave is the lesser of the two "evils" here
I'd say that even Yandex Browser which integrates the AdGuard Adblocker is far better choice than Opera.

thank you for directly answering the question, unlike most of the people in this thread. i appreciate it and am factoring the information into my overall decision process.

kill yourselves.

Attached: 457ff598dce8871bf0ba8d97fd87d413.jpg (564x887, 65K)

Firefox needs to copy the Chromium UI on android. Switching tabs on Firefox Andoid is so complicated for no reason

>Firefox on Desktop
>Firefox on Android
>try to send desktop tab to mobile
>works maybe 20% of the time

well i don't need sync, I'm willing to go without it. That why I use Firefox on desktop but want to choose between Brave and Opera for mobile.

Even with all the shitposting here, no one has explicitly said that Opera is LESS botnet than Brave, everyone who's answered the question directly has either said Brave is LESS botnet, or they're equal. So I'm leaning towards Brave. Anyone want to chime in with something different?

Attached: 21cc49aeea0878f5708c9d1c714309bc.png (634x946, 632K)

The only reason I use Chrome is the sync option. No other browser has sync as good as chrome.

yeah but no protection on mobile, just browsing naked. yuck.

who pic

I'm so fucking angry at how web browsers turned out.
>Do you like Opera? Too bad, here chrome
>okay we liked Opera so we're going to make something that's still chrome but acts like old opera to about 30%

>Do you like Firefox? Too bad, we cut all the legs off
>there are no options unless you trust small thrid parties to maintain a deprecated fork of a complex browser for free forever

I hate it all.

alina li

Attached: L0Fmnyj.jpg (783x1175, 143K)

Just go with Opera because it has ad block by default and can add Chrome extensions on an Opera browser. Furthermore Opera has exceptional functionalities including Sync and Flow. Brave is just an experimental once off project with limited development.

SHILL

Rent free

samefag

Faggot just google it or even better read the eula on both and see if there is anything you dont like.

Icecat
Firefox
Ungoogled chromium

>it's an ad-driven browser that panders to advertising agencies with a blockchain-redistribution scheme while pretending to be ethical by hardcoding deprecated web extensions into it's core (https everywhere & adblock plus)

>and contains a ledger system that anonymously measures user attention aggregate to accurately reward publishers.
basicattentiontoken.org/about/

>The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs.
basicattentiontoken.org/

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
hub.packtpub.com/brave-privacy-browser-has-a-backdoor-to-remotely-inject-headers-in-http-requests-hackernews/
bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/facebook-twitter-trackers-whitelisted-by-brave-browser/
warosu.org/g/thread/S69748437

Attached: th-alice-lighthouse-kf052816-003.jpg (2000x2997, 607K)

wrong answer paid shill, not everyone here does shilling for a living like you

Stop faffing about and just answer the question - which is less botnet;
Brave Android or Opera Android?

Attached: 1517680216233.jpg (306x306, 20K)

This is just a brave marketing thread, nobody fucking cares about that scam of a browser. They paid emaciated indians to shitbomb astroturf this chrome skin trash all over the internet and defend it against all logic.
Don't get coerced into installing this cryptofraud frontend.

/thread

just answer the question; which is LESS botnet?

I don't care if they are both botnet, I am simply asking which out of the two of them, Brave Android and Opera Android, is LESS botnet.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION

Attached: 1542705779141.gif (475x347, 574K)

Brave is open source. Opera isn't.

The answer is neither, you fucking sperglord. "Botnet" is binary, not a spectrum. If it's stealing your data, it's stealing your data, and if there's something it can't get at yet (for example, it can find out what dragon dildos you prefer, but not which foxboi you fap to) you can bet your ass some dev is trying to figure out how to change that.

>just answer the question; which is LESS botnet?
They both use chromium as their engine, they're both equally botnet. The problem with Brave is its business model, it accepts donations on behalf of websites and keeps them for themselves. It's built to be a scam, while providing no advantages whatsoever. Opera is just a chinese skin for chromium. Now that you had your question answered stop ageing your marketer thread, you piece of shit.

what the fuck is open source? the fucking theme? do you understand what a browser means in the first place? Brave is nothing but a theme and spyware installed over chromium, why do you think Brave is registered as for-profit company in the first place? it took 50 million from investors just to to create an open source theme over chromium? it took 50 million in order to make more than 50 million

fucking paid shill

disgusting paid shill

>im just a brave shill
Fucking kill yourself.

Brave.
Opera is owned by chinks.
Is also good, if you can stand the lag because of the JS ui.

They already answered your questions, marketer, It's time to fuck off.

Opera doesn't have a shitty ERC20 token for the purpose of scamming the user. Choose Opera. Also, it doesn't look or feel as bad to use imo. But anyway, I would rather use a browser with a build in VPN (which isn't that good isn this case) than one with a built-in shitcoin.

STOP MAKING BRAVE SHILLING THREADS

bazinga

SHILL EXPOSED

>both are reskinned versions of chromium
>brave has better adblocking than opera
>opera doesn't come with integrated blockchain
>both equally bad from a privacy perspective
both are just horrible browsers. question is: do your prefer getting your privacy raped by blockchain or by the chinese government?

fucking shameless shill

paid shill

Both are equally botnet , and aren't worth using to begin with.

The real safe experience is only on icecat or a modified firefox , you can't avoid it.

pls stop feeding the monopoly that is the chromium engine.

I don't on desktop, I use Firefox. But Firefox on Android is too clunky. I know they have improved it, it's a bit smoother, but it's still clunky. And it still has problems with some sites.
e.g. rt.com

that was valid in the past, but i rarely have problems and have chrome installed just in case.