Myspace loses all content posted before 2016

Thank God

theguardian.com/technology/2019/mar/18/myspace-loses-all-content-uploaded-before-2016

Attached: B2D400FB-811F-41D8-8F6A-8F3D7A3212F4.jpg (750x1032, 560K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0T-CreVC_6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1547097574003.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

Yeah that place is completely dead now I guess. Yahoo got btfo.

based

Maybe there is hope for the web after all...
Based Sysadmin monkeys. Delete it all. Wipe it out.

Based

#deletetheinterne

MY MIXTAAAAAAAAAAPE

great

Now let's delete Facebook and Twitter

There was a comment on Hacker news (pretty much just gossip but still) that tumblr basically stores all their shit on AWS with no backups

>I used to work at Tumblr, the entirety of their user content is stored in a single multi-petabyte AWS S3 bucket, in a single AWS account, no backup, no MFA delete, no object versioning. It is all one fat finger away from oblivion.

I thought this was funny was fuck but I refuse to believe it's true. It's just way too clownish.

Did you know that Yahoo had a chance to buy google at one point. Do you think they regret it?

Remember when people honestly believed in the "when you put it on the internet, it's there FOREVER" meme?

normies still do

That would be completely assinine if Yahoo, but yet....

>pre-soundcloud rappers

A couple years back, for nostalgia reasons, I tried to access some songs from a local band that was active around the early 2000s. These songs were only available on myspace (or at least that's the only place I've looked, haven't checked soulseek)

They literally wouldn't play, the music player was just stuck in an eternal "waiting to play state" or something. I wonder if their problems with managing data were more endemic than this incident. I think it's pretty bad that a company with ~150 employees can fuck up like this though.

and Google and Youtube.

ooh nooo
that sucks

why are you guys talking about yahoo? Myspace is owned by Time, not Yahoo.

Well, by saying internet they mean Facebook or Twitter or whatever, so it pretty much is true for them. The only way Facebook would delete what they post is if they had a fair like this one and let's be real, it's very unlikely it can happen

*fault, not fair, wtf

When was this article posted?

Just last week I got access to my email that I made 12 years ago for Myspace. It was a yahoo email, when I logged into it Yahoo didn’t save any of my shit so it’s basically a fresh email. Fuck them.

I went into Myspace last week and sent a password reset to said email. It says one sent but I don’t get any mail from Myspace even after whitelisting them.

If I try to reset password on an email that I know isn’t associated with a myspace account, it says “No account with that email found”, so clearly my old Myspace account exists...but their email system isn’t working. Thoughts?

No YouTube before 2016 is based as hell

>tumblr basically stores all their shit on AWS with no backups
It's true, and I will leave it at that.

for some stuff there's gonna be some autist somewhere with a backup (see archive.org)
for random junk like that I doubt anyone really cares

If it's sexy naked pictures of yourself then yeah there's a good chance it's downloaded on some dude's harddrive somewhere and it might be reposted on sites sharing sexy pictures forever. If it's your shitty MySpace music from 2006 though then yeah no one gives a fuck and it'll disappear to the sands of time

Attached: 1547972248457.png (325x300, 177K)

And redpilled;

deleting evidence

It's a sound rule of thumb to go by when considering posting something that could potentially be used against you.

Based Joe Rogaine. "It's like getting pee out of a swimming pool."
youtu.be/0T-CreVC_6Y

>Memory holed
Data (((lost)))

>oh no we lost all that music and now cannot pay all of them royalties!