Plex libraries thread

>your total amount of movies
>your last 3 added movies

go

Attached: plex.png (454x327, 197K)

>This thread is being monitored by the MPAA.

is there something like plex but without the data harvesting and selling personal information?

Why would I use Plex when uTorrent 2.2.1 can hold all my downloads?

My 1080, 4K and TV libraries, all using about 13TB right now.

Attached: 10804ktvplex.jpg (984x2000, 401K)

>not using windows file explorer
pleb

what does this even mean man

To stream it in a comfy way

it's botnet by nature, since you have to collect metadata from the internet based on the file

There's Kodi, but it's lacking some really nice features that Plex has.

Why do you make posts about things when you have no knowledge of them?

Serviio

Zero and zero.

Ive been streaming from my media server since before that junk existed. I can access thru http(s), nfs, smb, windows media, upnp or a couple other protocols. It's worked fine for years and none of my data is accessible by any weird software like you mentioned. It all runs through standard protocols, and is organized using standard files and metadata.

Attached: 1545439049317.jpg (768x1024, 85K)

How is this technology?

kodi + smb

>reencodes video when streaming
trash

Anyone else using radarr to parse some scene blog rss feed to auto add movies as they are released?
Now everything is in reverse, since radarr downloads everything new posted on different blogs I now have to delete shit I will never watch.

>oh man cant wait to watch Lion King 2 tonight!

Attached: Screenshot 2019-03-20 at 10.11.19.png (1014x712, 1.05M)

Kodi
I'm assuming those three are a joke of some sort

Uhhhhh

Remember to set it so that you can still use Plex when the internet is out. You're shit out of luck if it goes out and you want to make the change then. It's beyond silly.
Plex and Kodi add handy features on top of those protocols though.

how is this technology?

Attached: Untitled.png (482x339, 289K)

Emby used to be a good open-source alternative until it started to close down some of it's code and now there's Jellyfin as an open-source fork of Emby. I know that doesn't specifically mean that there's no data harvesting etc, but at least you can read through the code to check/compile yourself.

I use it for music mainly. Any way to run a script to move stuff over to my Plex server once a torrent on transmission-daemon is complete?

Do you mean just moving over finished torrents? I'd imagine Transmission can do that, I know qb can

I meant moving them to a different system with rsync. I can't torrent on the system I run Plex on. Transmission doesn't even seem to have the file moving option. Is the switch to rtorrent worth it? What's a good web interface for it?

I was thinking sshfs and simply pointing finished torrents to that mount point. As far as scripts go, I know for sure that qBittorrent can run scripts after a torrent finishes. I'm not sure about rtorrent but I'd imagine it can the same.

plex, kodi, etc are all normalfag crap. All you need is a NAS and mpv or even vlc.

I don't plex, but ~200 movies in my collection
last 3:
>Coляpиc (1972)
>Synecdoche, New York (2008)
>Tajemství hradu v Karpatech (1981)