Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: suitboy.png (478x750, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/
balena.io/etcher/
amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSDXC-Adapter-MB-ME256GA-AM/dp/B072HRDM55/
github.com/OWASP/CheatSheetSeries/blob/master/cheatsheets/AJAX_Security_Cheat_Sheet.md#use-csrf-protection
exhentai.org/g/1009724/41fe4c1507/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can anyone explain how this line of code works and also what is the use of the last '
This is matlab script
fprintf(' x = [%.0f %.0f], y = %.0f \n', [X(1:10,:) y(1:10,:)]');

Oops wrong thread

Got an 8gb rx 470 atm
Wanna upgrade
1660 ti a good idea if I wanna be a cheapskate?

How does Windows 10 know some random guy I went to highschool with birthday. I nuked my Facebook account 4 years ago, and I don't follow him on any social media platform. Only thing I can think of is email but that seems bizarre.

If you have a 1080p monitor sure, the lower VRAM shouldn't be an issue
1660ti is great price/performance and performance/watt.

Is ublock still the go to adblocker? I ask because Twitch has fucking changed their ads again and now it won't block them there.

Do landlines have any sort of limits like internet (up speed, down speed, latency, data caps, etc)? I need to order a landline connection for my work and I don't see anything on the estimate regarding any sort of quantities or anything. I'm fairly young so I don't have very little experience with landlines

how does modern android (8) work with sd cards?
i just installed one onto a new(er) phone, and selected the options to use as internal storage, and to migrate data over, now it shows about the right amount of used space on the sd card, but the internal storage is still the same amount used
can someone explain or link me to something that explains how this works?

Make a discord user :3

How can I add an index that shows the table of contents to a pdf?

what the dealio with people saying I might need to update bios if I get ryzen? I'm getting the ryzen 5 2600 btw

What's the actual syntax for highlighting a post in 4chanx's filters? I've been trying to use it with no effect. It mentions that I can use a class to designate a style for each highlight; can someone show me what that would look like?

Early AM4 motherboards that came out with Ryzen 1X00 series do not recognize the 2X00 series.

Write something like this in the appropriate filter:
/regex/;highlight:fagwad;

Then in your CSS
.fagwad .element { attributes }
for as many different elements you want to change.

I use it to highlight image posts made with a 1200pixel side, or with _sample, master1200, etc in the filename.

Yeah. Update your filters and try again.

Sweet, thanks. Would you happen to know how I'd use a custom font with this, if possible?

My Debian Buster server currently runs kernel version 4.12.0-2 according to uname, but 4.19.0-2 is installed.

How do I make it use the latest kernel version? One ought to think a reboot would do it, but no such luck.

Maybe your bootloader is playing games. Check that /vmlinuz and initrd are correct

Does anyone have a working way to spoof MAC address in Android? I've tried both ifconfig and ip commands. When I run ip link show wlan0 after changing MAC address with those it shows the spoofed one but my router still shows the original and if I toggle WiFi it resets the MAC address.

not a worthwhile upgrade. whats it? like a 30% increase but for alil over the price of what you paid for your current card?

Attached: ib6RYdQUHvg5hj5NptMsH6s3draHWzZwOjkdFV7w9Eg.png (445x460, 325K)

Frens why Android OS use 13.18 GB last 30 days? I thought Lineage OS without GAPPS was supposed to be safe

Attached: a38.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

>power outage last night
>pc boot looping
>reset cmos battery
>computer won't even boot now. Fan spins and light turns on for 1 second when pressing before going off.
Could it be the psu alone or is there more to to worry about? After work I'll be getting hold of my friend pc to properly diagnose..
>he doesn't know that Facebook keeps all your data indefinitely regardless of requests to delete

Attached: 1552259231520.jpg (640x621, 56K)

Can you redpill me on Win 8.1.
Where's the difference between it and 10 (or 7).
Does it support m.2. SSDs? Is it easier to install on newer hardware than Win7?

Attached: 1533037233072.jpg (600x400, 32K)

what is the Jow Forums replacement for youtube center and youtube+ now that they are both broken?

Attached: 1537613371381.png (642x416, 599K)

how can i get more volume out of my logitech g35s? theyre on 100% but i think they could give me more

Jow Forums.org is down. RIP.
It was fun while it lasted, lads.

Attached: 1461518482869.jpg (433x552, 42K)

God bless OP's cute boys

How do I do that? I never touch that stuff.

Never mind, it's back.

Where can I ask about music players and their Compatiblity with blueetooth headphones?

file /vmlinuz

(as root), will identify the kernel

Does anyone know of any (unofficial) way of using an xbox one controller on Windows 7 through bluetooth?

You don't. PDFs are meant to be ready to print documents. Try LibreOffice Writer or Microsoft Word, change titles to headings then Insert > Table of Contents

Download F-Droid store from the official site, from there you can find terminal emulator called "Termux". It has full capability just pkg install apt then apt install macchanger. I'm pretty sure you need root to change it though

what are the best quality microfiber towels i can buy?

>buy a bracket and install ssd with immense difficulty cause no space at the bottom
>later discover case already had a 2.5” slot at the top

Am I fucking retarded, Jow Forums?

imagine buying a book written by jon stewart lmfao

>not dangling it from cables and securing with cable ties
Yes you are

I bought a used rx570 mining card with custom bios (the seller left this detail out). I located the original bios online, but am having trouble flashing it.

I'm using a program called AMD/ATI ATIFlash 2.87, and its Windows version doesn't recognize the card, so i'm trying to do it in FreeDOS off an USB-drive, and whilst I can get FreeDOS to work, I can't get the utility ATIFlash to work in FreeDOS.

I know there are miners on Jow Forums with experience in this, so what should I do?

Attached: ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX570-O4G-GAMING.jpg (800x800, 70K)

Grab atiflash 4.17

Then what? How do I boot it off an USB-drive? Rufus+FreeDOS isn't working.

Can't boot into freedos? Switch to Legacy mode on BIOS instead of EFI.

Now i'm experiencing the same issue as I did with the Win version of this program, it is not recognizing it.

Attached: 20190320_123122.jpg (726x545, 119K)

>>power outage last night
>>pc boot looping
>>reset cmos battery
>>computer won't even boot now. Fan spins and light turns on for 1 second when pressing before going off.
>Could it be the psu alone or is there more to to worry about? After work I'll be getting hold of my friend pc to properly diagnose..
ahem.... help please

Attached: 1551156484682.jpg (719x717, 50K)

>pc boot looping
that can be caused by incorrect boot priority. and now that you did a cmos reset, it almost surely is
>computer won't even boot now. Fan spins and light turns on for 1 second when pressing before going off
check if all the hardware is connecting properly. push all your RAM, graphics card(s) etc into the sockets

>check if all the hardware is connecting properly. push all your RAM, graphics card(s) etc into the sockets
i'll reseat everything one by one for fun to see. But it could just be the psu right? If the psu is bust can it switch on for like 1 sec then die on and on?
I've had a pc long enough to know several oddities but this is the first time something like this has ever happened

>If the psu is bust can it switch on for like 1 sec then die on and on?
yes however this behaviour is rare and it's not related to power outage. modern PSUs are prepared for power outages
unless it's some crappy PSU of course. what model?

>unless it's some crappy PSU of course. what model?
I think it's sub-par. Called EZ-cool. iys pretty old now so I wouldn't be surprised. I'm in south africa so power is going off all the time.

well, if you're not afraid of getting your computer components fried you can continue using a cheap one. assuming that it still works that is
>so power is going off all the time
even more of a reason to use good quality PSUs that are designed to deal with low/high voltage. tho if it gets really bad, you might want to think about UPS

Attached: 32_1287050345.jpg (1795x1183, 380K)

Can I remove Windows 10 and do a clean install of Windows 7 on a laptop? I have one of those isos you could download from the Microsoft site a few years ago burned on a USB stick. Would it be a relatively easy process?

thanks alot m8. yeah I've been meaning to get a much better psu for a long time but other things keep coming up.

speaking of fire, my neighbour's house just burned down
probably not because of PSU

I could use some help with hardware troubles. I recently redid the thermal paste on my GPU since it was heating up like a motherfucker. The idle temps went way down but the stress temps still climb all the way to the cap and I think the GPU is thermal throttling. Its some shitty inno3d GTX 970 and it's always been on the high end with temps.

Ever since I redid the paste I've gotten a few weird crashes/lockups where both of my screens go blank with some flat color and the fans in my PC keep spinning at full speed but nothing I try brings the PC back from that state and I have to cut the power. This seems to occur in moments of heavy GPU usage but it's not consistent. I've been able to game for extended periods of time without problems and then sometimes it would crash multiple times within a small timeframe. I get the feeling that I scrubbed the dried paste a bit too hard and probably damaged the GPU in the process.

Is there anything I can do to fully be sure it's the GPU that's fucking up and possibly what's the actual issue with it? I've been considering an update but if it's some other part going bad then I feel like I want to know before I make any changes.

That apparently points to the newest kernel, which I assume is what it's supposed to do. How do I check initrd?

Just a confirmation question, my laptop does not boot up, has an EFI IPv4 and IPv6 boot failure, does not allow me to refresh or install windows using a Windows recovery media due to reason of "drive is locked". I think I hear clicking noises from the hard drive as it started up and I confirmed that the hard drive is connected and detected by the laptop. My hard drive is definitely kaput isnt it?

Should "HDR/10-bit" videos look grey and washed out on non-HDR screens? I have several 10-bit BR rips of the same movie and they're all desaturated as fuck.

Has the laptop ever had windows 7 on it before? How new is it?

Most of the stability and security improvements of 10, without the batshit crazy updates. Yeah it just werks on most hardware. Telemetry is the same as 7 in that you have to manually update to avoid it.

Are bluetooth headsets an outdated meme or what?

I just got a new job and my stock headphones that came with my S9 are clumsy and low quality.

Would I be better off just getting wireless in-ear headphones with a mic?

Attached: EJSYrN54xa4McPNShkEQtm-650-80.jpg (650x365, 14K)

Looks like a graph
no clue what %0 does, but you can google it

Opinions on Origin PC builds?

Attached: neuron-main-black.png (495x680, 92K)

Is there a miner in foobar2000? Even without playing any music it takes almost an entire core just to exist. Pic related is when I close the program down
Is it because of the pretty looking skin I put? Or is there a miner in the skin?

Attached: 1552155351945.jpg (312x275, 30K)

No and about 3 and half years.

groovypost.com/howto/downgrade-windows-10-to-windows-7-windows-81/2/

plus 2nd and 3rd OP links.

Thanks a lot!

As someone going into a programming job, how pathetic is it to buy a computer pre-built?
I built my own like 5 years ago but it's been nothing but frustrating. Every 6 months or so there would be a new error that rendered it unusable.
I would spend hours and hours trying to figure out what the problem was each time, most of the time having to bring it to someone else to get repaired eventually just because of my lack of time and resources.
It happened again now and I just dont want to deal with it.

I just want to buy a computer that will work without issue for at least 2 years.

There's nothing wrong with a prebuilt. Hell, they're usually cheaper. You don't get the same level of customization, but for plenty of people that's not a priority. Part of being tech savvy is knowing what's worth your time. Just make sure you buy a quality rig or you'll probably end up screwed anyway.

Few FFMPEG questions
1. How do you change the album cover / image of MP3 file with another one?
2. There's this video file that's about ~1GB most of it is just a static image, how to extract the audio and create an album art of the video and combine both?

Attached: 1552413645807.png (573x750, 164K)

is there a live usb maker for ubuntu
i have a broken laptop running an ubuntu live usb, i want to create another live usb to install another iso
tried the usual method with dd, but it wont boot
am i missing something

>Every 6 months or so there would be a new error that rendered it unusable.
If I was to be your employer I'd think twice over hiring you. You sound like my mom who "for sure" doesn't visit any shady sites yet runs into problems with her PC every few months. How is a programmer so tech illiterate?

balena.io/etcher/

how to format code? do you add 4 spaces?

trying it:

a=1
b=2
if (a==b){
printf("I get a fucking raise\n");
} else{
printf("back to mcdonalds\n");
}

well fuck. how do you make code show up in the nice white box. I really don't want to go back to mcdonalds.

What is this part?
might be related to Asus

Attached: watthis.jpg (960x954, 139K)

[/code] at the end
at the start

i've underestimated html's ability to format once agan
at the start

>that fucking bastard took the unicode character as well
[cõde] fuck you, 4chin

like this?

my wonderful code[/code]

or this

stop me now

Is CustomizerGod actually safe? Put that fucker into virustotal and was detected as a trojan.

Attached: shitt.jpg (668x724, 61K)

on cisco device cli, whats the difference between enable password and enable secret? Enable password is to gain access to the device and Enable secret is to gain priviledge?

Here's list of the issues that I remember:

1. Graphics driver became corrupted after a power outage while playing a game. Problems didnt show up until a month afterwards and updating the driver didnt fix it so it took a while to find and fix.
2. Hard drive failure. Didnt have any other hard drives and couldn't afford another one for a month so this one messed me up for awhile.
3. Apparently an issue where my two sticks of ram had different frequencies that eventually ended up corrupting my operating system and my hard drive. This one still kind of sounds like bullshit but only when I replaced my hard drive, ram, and deleted everything from my system did my computer stop constantly bsoding. This one is due to my ignorance of computer hardware, probably.
4. Some obscure registry permissions error that I still dont know the cause of.

Are they my fault? Maybe. I've tried to take good care of my computer, kept it well ventilated and never overclocked it. And I made damn sure none of these problems happened due to a virus.

how legit is this? amazon.com/Samsung-MicroSDXC-Adapter-MB-ME256GA-AM/dp/B072HRDM55/
the $39.99 price tag really makes me suspicious, it says it's offered by Amazon.com and all, but does that ensure it's an actual legitimate Samsung product? or could it still be a fake?
the 1-star reviews are a bit worrying

Need to buy a new laptop cause old one is toasted. Want to get an Asus since I trust them. I don't need something super powerful but I will need to run shit like ARC GIS. Everything either seems to have a shitty CPU or no RAM. Are there any particular models I should look for? Is the ASUSPRO series any good?

Why did I let myself get so computer illiterate?

Attached: 1549236045187.jpg (564x811, 55K)

Are POST bodies vulnerable to JSON hijacking? I looks like it only applies to GET response bodies but the OWASP cheat sheet says to always put JSON arrays inside objects.

github.com/OWASP/CheatSheetSeries/blob/master/cheatsheets/AJAX_Security_Cheat_Sheet.md#use-csrf-protection

>2. There's this video file that's about ~1GB most of it is just a static image, how to extract the audio and create an album art of the video and combine both?
extract the first frame after the 10 second mark (not the first frame to account for possible intro/fade/whatever at the start)
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -vframes 1 -vf scale=-1:512 output.jpg
(omit/change scale filter to suit, this will scale to 512px height, width to keep ratio)

to add/change the front cover;
ffmpeg -i input.mp3 -i input_cover.jpg -map 0:a -codec copy -id3v2_version 3 -metadata:s:v title="Album cover" -metadata:s:v comment="Cover (front)" output.mp3

ffmpeg -ss 10 -i input.mkv -vframes 1 -vf scale=-1:512 output.jpg
forgot "-ss 10" for 10 seconds in

I know a little bit of programming but I know next to nothing on the physical components of a computer and what they do.
I wanna learn

Attached: Spike spiegel man has taste_891699_5214756.jpg (500x270, 24K)

How to change download folder in tails OS?

Thanks.
And to extract an audio from a video will this do?
ffmpeg -i input.mkv -vn -c:a libmp3lame -q:a 5 output.mp3
Is it possible to join all these into one command? and run it in a folder?
Here's little something for your trouble.
exhentai.org/g/1009724/41fe4c1507/

Attached: __nishikino_maki_love_live_school_idol_project_and_etc_drawn_by_nagareboshi__571976ab648970c07eba729 (637x900, 645K)

>And to extract an audio from a video will this do?
yes, but don't.
what you wrote will /convert/ the audio in the video to a new mp3 stream, this is only necessary if BOTH;
- the video doesn't contain mp3 format audio
- you need an mp3 output specifically

to just extract the audio without changing it, use the copy 'codec';
ffmpeg input.mkv -map 0:a:0 -c copy output.mp3
(if the first audio track in the video is not mp3, change "output.mp3" to suit)

i'm not much into giant tits, but thanks for the thought

>giant tits
It's oyakodon mostly but I guess YMMV.
Thanks again.

That’s just a picture of a sad panda.

>2019
>not fapping to sad panda

Attached: 5a30b905dad4e91b935ce303a9eea71e11918cb1_hq.jpg (638x960, 58K)

>Makoto
Based

What's the way to go to get windows on my craptop without paying for it? Win7 with dazloader? Or win 10 enterprise/LTSB/LTSC? The pastebin mentions that the win10 toolkit's reliability is "uncertain" and I don't know how big in size each of those is, so I'm not sure. It's the first time I'm doing this.

Do you have any idea about why my Ubuntu 18.04 LTS keeps crashing about five times per day. Any hotfixes or other ideas etc?

Attached: doomerous wojak.jpg (750x1000, 83K)

specs: i7-6700k 4,2Ghz, EVGA 1080, Gigabyte K170 mb, 120gb ssd and 1tb hdd

how do i play code golf with javascript?
trying to automate manga downloads but they use javascript to obscure the image location

Attached: 1552226640611.png (512x512, 227K)

Attached: 1458006657271.jpg (111x189, 10K)

>how do i play code golf with javascript?
the same as any other language, use some trickery to save a few bytes.

Attached: yalostme.png (788x431, 110K)