Best web browser

Heard chrome is shit. But I've been using it for years and my com has just been getting shittier. Can someone recommend me the best web browser?

Attached: ram-ram-google-chrome-32-bit-0-3-1-984-0-mb-0-33814812.png (500x610, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/orchid-hybrid/cozy-cub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

firefox/chrome are the only real options

Firefox or any of its forks, since it's the only major browser that now doesn't use Blink or Webkit as its engine.

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

>using google
Enjoy your botnet.

I'm content with pale moon

Palemoon
>inb4 palemoon is bad for reason x, y and z
Don't listen to them, friend. Get Palemoon.

Attached: flat.jpg (400x400, 17K)

can i use add-ons from firefox in pale moon? what makes it better than firefox?

>can i use add-ons from firefox in pale moon
No
>what makes it better than firefox?
runs way better for me. I prefer how it looks.

>can i use add-ons from firefox
not anymore. The add-on support for pale moon is very limited now that Firefox has transitioned to webextensions

>what makes it better than firefox?
Less bloat ("features" that Mozilla keeps adding) and it runs lighter.
I'd recommend only if you have weak hardware, otherwise Firefox will be faster and have way more extensions.

can i modify userChrome.css like firefox?
is there a way to compile add-ons or some shit like that?

>my com has just been getting shittier
That's plain user management.
Stop being shit and your PC won't be shitty.

Redpill me on falkon plz

nvm, found every extension i need on their website.

Performance issues + furry dev

Qutebrowser is best browser

Opera is comfy. I don't know why no one talks about it.

is Icecat actually non-botnet ?

Anybody know how IceCat gets rid of DRM support? Do they just use --disable-eme for their builds or do they follow an approach similar to github.com/orchid-hybrid/cozy-cub (found via GNU mailing list)?

It's not bad. Just unnecessary, if you don't need legacy addon support.

it's yeat nother chrome: reskinned
and on top of that you get literal chinese botnet
into the bin

>bloated
>free proxy aka selling your logs
it's in my eyes a preconfigured chromium
it aims to be, if you don't mind a bit longer loading times it's worth a try

firefox or ungoogled chromium. anything else is shit.

install vivaldi

Attached: based.png (1920x1080, 2.3M)

Firefox is generally more forgiving on lower end hardware, slightly better than Chrome.

Also adblockers like uBlock help pages load much faster, but websites lose ad revenue when you do that.

Haven't followed the browser discussion for a while now, but is there an particular reason why Brave hasn't been said?
And if Brave is shit, what browser have this:
Fast response, adblock, no botnet(atleast the least botnet), and can be tweaked to be dark so i don't hurt my eyes looking at to much white.

Anything other than (e)links is bloat.

>but websites lose ad revenue when you do that
like it's a bad thing

How did you made that shit transparent?

that sounds like Pale Moon

custom css
>Fast response
not when you have 20+ tabs open. Although to be fair I didn't used to have issues. It only started getting bad the last few months I used it.

Omega cheers mate, i'll give it a go

If you're on Windows, use chocolatey.org to install and update Chromium. Been working for me.

Attached: chromium.png (1200x1200, 155K)

>Blink based
>fingerprint protection is placebo
Those are the two main reasons why people don't like it. You could also argue that the devs focus too much on broad compatibility for an allegedly privacy focused browser (and sometimes you have to sacrifice functionality to achieve it).

just don't be scared by the shitty default start page, you can set it to just show a blank page for maximum comfiness
pic related

Attached: Pale Moon.png (1920x1050, 56K)

How the h*ll do you install uMatrix and uBlock Origin on IceCat? Also, why are my fonts bugged?

just go to the release pages on the githubs and download the xpis

>How the h*ll do you install uMatrix and uBlock Origin on IceCat?
Go to FF's addon store. You should be able to normally install addons from there.
>Also, why are my fonts bugged?
Do you have "Do not load custom fonts" checked?

Any mention of Brave gets brigaded by tinfoil autists and diehard Firefox fags. Can't have a discussion about it without being accused of being a shill.

I just want a decent browser that's FOSS, free of SJW shit, and not make me jump through autistic hoops for basic functionality. Brave ticks all those boxes for me.

1 BAT has been deposited into your account.

ok that sounds awesome, are you really no shill?

Attached: 1546141955391.jpg (773x836, 115K)

I still have Firefox installed out of habit, but the day will come when I purge it and use Brave exclusively.

Attached: disgust.png (412x655, 226K)

Thanks, found compatible versions with a bit of trial and error.
The ones on Firefox addon store were not compatible with the current browser version.
As for the fonts, they look like pic related. Changing custom fonts on or off doesn't make any difference either. I'm on Linux Mint, by the way.

Attached: 1528636594711.png (516x79, 6K)

Can I make the Pale Moon button smaller?

How about Falkon?

My first five minutes in this board (i never notice this board until now, and I've lurking Jow Forums since 2012 so I'm still a newfag)

What wrong with use a "botnet" navigator? Isn't every aplication or website a botnet for default?

#appmenu-button {
padding: 0 .4em .05em !important;
}
in your userChrome.css helps.

sshhh, you'll trigger Jow Forums

Firefox on mobile is a pain in the ass to use when swapping tabs with any sort of frequency. Chrome and Brave gave swipe address bar to change tabs. Do any other browsers have similar functionality? Firefox is like 4 taps to swap to the next tab

>The ones on Firefox addon store were not compatible with the current browser version.
Weird. Works with the version from Fedora's repo.

Pretty good, but in my experience it can be quite the resource hog, despite its reputation (especially when watching videos) and it has a really long release cycle.

I tried it but no DuckDuckGo LibreJS support was a dealbreaker.
rn i've just got base firefox with user.js and a ton of the usual recommended plugins

yeah i'm also using mainly firefox

Emacs

I use W10, Chrome, have chrome generate passwords for me and there's nothing you can do to stop me

ctrl+f not waterfox ....
waterfox, or even qutebrowser

Eloston/ungoogled-chromium