Genetic engineering

Any one here play with genetic engineering? It might sounds complicated and obscure to the layman but did you know there are home kits that lets you splice DNA for just the same price as a normal computer? It's the wild west out there, if you're curious and creative you could be lucky and literally create the next breakthrough in medicine or GMO in your home. It's like computers in the 80's.

Attached: C_for_CRISPR700-1.jpg (700x700, 243K)

Other urls found in this thread:

the-odin.com/genetic-engineering-home-lab-kit/
the-odin.com/frog-ge-kit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

prove it

Give me a link then, I've been wanting to experiment with CRISPR with some chile plants, I have an idea.

>cum inside sock
>microwave for three hours
one nobel prize, please

This for example:
the-odin.com/genetic-engineering-home-lab-kit/

>Jow Forums
>ever actually doing anything worthwhile
pick one

Attached: file.png (434x314, 270K)

Fucking amazing, this marks the beginning of a new era of superhot hybrids, if I'm smart enough that is.

you sound like someone who uses the wrong kind of operating system for reasons i disagree with. you absolute buffoon. you cretin. you moron. i hate you

Can you install Gentoo on humans?
You know, this would be the ultimate rice. Sure, some drivers, like pee-pee will not work properly, but that is not an issue.

the bad new is that furry will finaly exist in real life. i mean actualy thing not the suits

nobody installing Gentoo into themselves has any use for a pee-pee

Like a bad thing...
Imagine compiling your own GF. I'd probably compile a harpy for myself.

Nobody likes leaky poo-poo valve and pee-pee valve.
Nobody likes wet panties.

what a coincidence

?

former geneticist here - did it for work at uni in the lab but not something that's even worthwhile at home

>hey Jow Forums retards, why don't you play around with this thing that can create the next supervirus that wipes out half of the population?

>Not compiling the next worldwide pandemic just because you can

I doubt anyone here could even grow anything in isolation on an agar plate without contaminating it, so don't get your hopes up for super viruses

How about making a virus, that would be able to determine ethnicity and activate only on specific groups?

Why are you guys so discouraging to each other?

Boring. Flying GF would be much more interesting, because fuck FAA.

It wouldn't work, since ethnicity is a construct.

With clear instructions everything is possible.

uhh fuck yeah? just deploy it in china or something and make everyone else a favor.

But what about skin color?

Keep in mind that Greenland will close its boarders.

Becuase I was a geneticist, there's a reason labs are expensive

what could i do at home with this kind of kit: the-odin.com/genetic-engineering-home-lab-kit/

make a virus that measures melanin and when its over a treshould kill the target

Realistically grow mold and create a bunch of sharps waste

At a push you may be able to keep the flourescent ecoli alive

oh so i won't be able to create genetically engineered humans? how would you create a GMO human?

But what about yellow skin?
And what about birthmarks?

Could you play 3D games on C64? No.
Here is the same thing.

Better make your waifu an avian flu vector, the best of both worlds.

>how would you create a GMO human?
Easiest way would be to get a bitch knocked-up

There are some things that missing from that kit to do more than 1 electrophoresiss

Of the top of my head:
Autoclave
Glassware
Scales
Spectorometer
Centrifuge
Ultrasonic bath
Heated plate and magentic stirer
Lots more chems
Sharps bin
Bunsen burner
Microscope potentially
Ice
Liquid nitrogen
More glassware
Labcoat
About 20x more agar plates
Incubator
Negative pressure room/lab
Fume hood
All sorts of saftey shit
etc
etc

Genetic engineering in practice with actual humans RIGHT NOW seems like pure premature ejaculation. There's so much more that needs understanding and people are just ready to jump the gun

>Labcoat
Thirdworlder here. No this is not needed.

It would never pass an ethics council, and if you could do anything related you would already be working for a research group

Its not to protect you, its to keep your station sterile - filthy humans cary contaminants

No. Qt harpy would be better.

>Its not to protect you, its to keep your station sterile - filthy humans cary contaminants
Gloves? Not touching shit? Using tweezers and other shit, that can be cleaned with heat?
No?

>ethics.
Why (((they))) had done this?
I want my botnet and GMO-humans

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/GMO, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus GMO. GMO is not an organism unto itself, but rather another component of a fully functioning GNU organism made useful by the GNU amino acids, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full organism as defined by POSIX.
Many people use a modified version of the GNU organism every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “GMO”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU organism, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a GMO, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the organism they use.
GMO is the kernel: the cell in the organism that allocates the machine’s resources to the other cells that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an organism, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GMO is normally used in combination with the GNU organisms: the whole organism is basically GNU with GMI added, or GNU/GMO. All the so-called “GMO” distributions are really distributions of GNU/GMO.

Attached: download (11).jpg (288x175, 12K)

>It would never pass an ethics council

That didn't stop that AIDs researcher from going for it despite the fact that it was a failure. Hopefully others learn from it.

You would need gloves, lab coat, bunsen, ethanol for wiping stuff down at a bare minimum. The problem is that microorganisms are particularly hardy, and when they get onto a food source they will grow. It also only takes 1. Also they float in the air. Also they are cunts

>ethanol for wiping stuff down
Can I replace it with Isopropyl ?
>bunsen
Can I replace it with oxy-acetylene?
>lab coat
No. Either complete PPE, either nothing.
>gloves
Ok.
> Also they float in the air. Also they are cunts
Ventilation is the key.

>Isopropyl
Sure
> oxy-acetylene
As long as it is hot, on all the time and on your workstation - the convection currents help keep the air barrier around where you work, whilst you work. It also allows you to sterilise your tweezers/innoculating loop with the fire
>complete PPE
Clean clothes and no exposed skin is fine, face not withstanding
>Ventilation is the key.
Provided it is outbound only, yes

Yes, but we'll also be able to create biological females with cocks. We won't have to rely on men in girl clothes anymore.

seriously underrated post

>I'd probably compile a harpy
Not hard to find one already.

That's probably how the world will end.

yes please

>Bad news

I want a homegrown pussy, just the pussy bio engineered perfectly to fit around my cock

>Not hard to find one already.
Find whom?

You can use 3D printer with rubber filament.

>niggas who didn't learn their lesson from GATTACA

Attached: gpzjgk.png (334x247, 38K)

we dont have the technology to manufacture anything that small

Intel can't.
AMD can.

How will user ever recover?

Can we decompile human proprietary DNA, and replace it with GNU/DNA?

Based

The question you all should ask yourself, can we finally genetically create catgirls with this?

>the-odin.com/genetic-engineering-home-lab-kit/
I'm now going to create rats the size of horses.

sounds like the makings of the next breaking bad

2D > 3D

alright where's the tutorial

the-odin.com/frog-ge-kit/

Hey kid, wanna perform gene-editing experiments on some frogs?

GENETICALLY MODIFIED CATGIRLS NAO

Attached: season.png (960x957, 538K)

this is the future I've been waiting for

do it!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 48K)

Making autistic frogs gay?

No harpies aren't ga.. furry

say you manage to use the kit to successfully carry out a splice
how do you ever test it to know if it worked or not?

is feathery?

It's hard to imagine how this freak woman will be accepted in society, especially as a kid. BTW, nobody wants to do this with his own kid, and from what I've seen, everybody seem to consider catgirls as cats, despite the fact that they're obviously modified "humans".

Yes it's a cat but sodomizing it would be socially acceptable
Why does it need to be accepted in society? What if it's a housecat?

Yeah. And scally a lil bit.

Hey genebro, I have a question. Just how hard is it, from a purely scientific standpoint, to genetically modify humans in the womb at this point? Change hair or eye color, make them stronger, faster, smarter, etc. Ignoring the ethics and regulations in the US.

> Yes it's a cat
Unfortunately, no, it's impossible to make a human with cat ears and 89 IQ out of a cat. Anyway, if somebody would make that, it will raise the same moral dilemma, and believe it or not, creatures with human-like body, human sex drive and ability to communicate, will be recognized as humans.

According to nekopara only if they are mentally human enough to earn a bell

>creatures with human-like body, human sex drive and ability to communicate, will be recognized as humans
I think you're being a bit optimistic. They won't be treated like total shit or anything, but depending on their intelligence they may not have the same rights that humans do. It depends on what society and the government decides. And that's not even mentioning the fact that they will undoubtedly be pariah, at first. That alone effectively makes you a second class citizen.

Another user. Very. Mostly cause all of those traits are dependent on multiple genes, most of which arent properly identified yet. Also you'd need to modify fertilized cell and pray it will work out, this way you get a hybrid, then you back-cross the hybrid with ome of the parrents. And 1/4th of offspring would be the way you want it to be. This cant be done outside of a lab

Some pictures

Attached: 600px-Knockout_mouse_breeding_scheme.svg.png (600x1001, 74K)

Yay

Attached: 1132px-Knockout_mouse_production_2.svg.png (1132x852, 139K)

Underrated post

I will wait for high level programming gmo languages since dealing with assembly is difficult.

>>the same price as a normal computer
everytime you want to splice in DNA, which can be a lot. The most you can do is put GFP into bacteria or yeast. That's about it. And the reagents, they don't have a long shelf life. It's a great way to piss money down the drain.
>>microscope potentially
you need a fucking micromanipulator. Those aren't cheap.

Would you make the cat ears or the human ears vestigial?

>fuck FAA
I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that and assume you've accomplished the latest flying gf airworthiness directive.

Way ahead of you OP, I've already done some genetic engineering of my own.

Attached: pregnantdog3.png (1236x476, 144K)

Ayy synthetic biologist here. In charge of designing and synthesizing hundreds of DNA plasmids a month. Also have full operational Lab at home for last 6ish years. AMA about DNA shit if you’re interested

Bitch, you can genetically modify shit for far less than that. This is 2018, electrophoresis is basically fucking obsolete. Ultrasonic bath? Liquid nitrogen? Lab coat? What a fucking joke

What do you do at your home lab?

Meh I studied it on college
It's boring as fuck

Attached: images(34).jpg (774x396, 21K)

why my double null A.thaliana mutant _smek1_ x _hyl1_ is embryo-lethal? Tell me

CATGIRLS WHEN

Attached: 9_00000.jpg (1200x1200, 335K)

What are the risks?

Why is not worth it at home?