What is your career path?

What is your career path?
I was working as a C software dev for 2 years after graduating from the uni and it was terrible.
People were intelligent but borderline mentally ill.
I switched to a small travel agency that needed tech support + developer for their in-house booking system I made from scratch. Also made them the website and other shit.
I earn a really nice salary even though sometimes I would like to work on a bigger project.
I am really happy here and would never go back to being a code monkey in a software dev company.

Attached: NPC.png (1200x1083, 945K)

i send lots of emails for work for other people to do

wow, an npc meme with properly written code snippets. I'm impressed.

Started coding in uni and built some software and a client base. Now I am self employed / freelancing.
Took me longer to finish my degree because of that, but now I have it.

Graduated from chemical engineering a year ago. Working as a QA analyst at a big bang right now since I was trying to pivot into IT. Mostly work with mainframe terminals and Java/Selenium occasionally to automate.

I’ve been grinding out a ton of projects and practicing leetcode problems. I really want to get out of QA and into dev, how the fuck can I do this with a chem eng degree?

Go to medicine university, parents paid, become a pharmacist, work. Done. I also do some video editing and software testing in my spare time.

Youre probably more qualified then someone with a degree in IT sadly

I don't get why people would want to become code monkeys, specially when using shitty languages like C.
the smartest people out there aren't the ones that do shit, they only start it, and then hire technical people to do the rest for them

Mentally ill in what way? Autism? Or more like sociopaths?

LX design is what im trying to get into. I work for a tertiary institute helping to develop courses for learners part time. I do backend web dev in my spare time and it's really nice not getting burned out on that at my job so I can develop stuff I actually care about. The job is easy web dev stuff - made some frontend JS scripts, helped setup test servers etc, but it's mostly just HTML, bit of CSS and dealing with administrating an LMS. Can pay decent because of the opinionated education and soft skills with facilitators required. In reality, it's tech support, but socially the environment is a hell of a lot better and like I said, pay is good.

Ukrainians are subhumans

You seem upset..?

I intern at a big bank rn in dev, and I'd think they would have some type of in-house program that you can join for those that aren't devs but want to get into it. At least, the place i'm at does. A bachelor's is required where I am as well, though it may not be required where you are. First thing I'd do if i were you is ask if you have something like that.

If there's not a program like that for you, I'd suggest trying to find some kind of boot camp or some such place where you can point to and tell your manager "hey, i'd like to get into dev, and i know we don't have an in-house program, but is there some way you guys could potentially pay for me to attend?"

Hope I could be of some help, user.

Attached: 1494963940394.gif (500x281, 994K)

Fuck off tranny

You clearly are upset then.

IT is such a nebulous term, but I somewhat agree with you.

If you've done chemical engineering I presume you must have had to wrap you head round some quit complex mathematics and systems. Those skills will help you in software development. You need to apply yourself to whichever part of software development you choose. Be humble, think back to when you first learnt chemistry in school vs what you learnt at university, fields in the IT industry are just as deep if you've never worked in industry before.

Cope

I know it I wasted too much time on that for a degree and now I'm at help desk for perpetuity kms

I don't understand you.

I made video games in high school and put them on the internet and then a company approached me about putting spyware in them
that didn't last long though, after that I started selling them on my own online store before steam was around

i don't have a career path

Actually studying Business IT to get a bachelor's degree but can't tell what I'll be doing at the end of my studies
I'd eventually move to USA or Canada to know how it's like to live in another country
Also I don't want to become an autistic monkey behind his computer whole day

Poor ESOL speaker

Autism / Aspies that don't know how to communicate, visibly frustrated people.
Libtard trannies / feminists / 172 genders
Management that acts how the company is on the verge of collapse when asking for the raise, and have "We're in this together" stand.

A what? Please seak english. Or russian.

master's student -> help desk (during) -> dropped out of master's for local internship -> 2 weeks later drop for better internship -> hired as junior data engineer before end of internship -> promoted to mid level data engineer

Aiming for senior, would like to stay until staff or equivalent pay before I think about leaving.

>Please seak english
Kek.

Oh cra :(

What does a data engineer do?

Depends on what the company's tech looks like. I work with a lot of ELK, python, kubernetes, etc. Setting up, maintaining and improving data pipelines, etc.

So you basically clean data?

It is a small part of the job, yes.

i did an applied/computational maths degree with honours (optional 4th year which includes a research project). i ended up getting a job with my government's weather service and being trained as a meteorologist. my job is mostly operational forecasting (shiftwork) but i program shit in my downtime.

i've done extensive project work using python, a bit of C/C++ in uni as well as some basic PHP/js projects (setting up a web 1.0 style forum for my bros from scratch). i'm trying to side step my way into a software job now without having to go back to uni. a masters in software engineering could be viable but it'd be expensive as fuck, when there's a chance i could just work my way up to a position. any advice Jow Forums?

Content as a software developer in a company that’s actually ok with me working 40 hrs a week. Pay is decent, have enough to build a buffer and I have time for myself.

What would you say to someone who might want to be a freelancer in the future?

>properly written code
>no class encapsulation
pick one and only one

yoko makes me hard

My job is provide my inclusive jobs and accept more non-white people into team and make higher salaries for women instead of men.

> IT support
> Server admin and automation
> Backend dev after uni

I reverse engineer private video game aimbots and submit them to cheat detection companies.

First they came for my "yikes" now they're coming for my "Y'all". I swear I don't have anything left.

same

Attached: 1544216130543.png (300x200, 137K)

Straight to military after uni. My thesis was part of lawful interception project, got a pretty good offer, took it.
Lifetime job security, pretty good pay, interesting work. Only had to go through some basic military training. As a bonus, i help keep track of mudslimes in my country.
Bad thing is i can't talk to anyone about my job and, being part of military, need to attend trainings and other shit.

Got a mechatronics engineering degree. Currently work andajor shipping company and get paid 75k to clean 4 printers once a day.

I was 4 years in college, i changed from finance to engineering, i never passed a single subject.

>tfw this post may be a joke but there are really people out there like this

Attached: 1523905917790.jpg (750x747, 45K)

stupid hohol
i wosh stalin had finished the job

I'm about to go into software consultant territory on monday, what am i in for? i've worked on full time positions through most of my career

>findSirOfType().thank()
lost

>Graduated Computing and IT degree 2 years ago
>Decided I hated computers
>Got job in retail doing general retail shit and some minor IT work.
>Still working there currently
>Manager suddenly becomes a bitch over night and makes my life hell
>Boss keeps piling on work and doesn't understand I am just one person.
I have been applying for a few desktop support roles but I am considering going back to college and doing vet nursing.

My employer regularly and openly (but only internally) says that the next hire can not be a white male, it is actually part of the criteria. They legitimately do it by a percentage that doesn't make sense anyway. They compare minorities and females to white men only, there's no other subdivision like black vs hispanic vs asian, etc. it's just basically "make sure white males make up only 50% of the employees and never more".
Not that I've had a problem with any of the hires but that's still illegal. I've heard similar stories from other people so I assume this is a common practice today.

report them. please god report them.

wageslavery is gay :)

Attached: superthumb.jpg (300x250, 8K)

>Be ADHD autismo receiving government
educational assistance through a rehabilitation program.
>took a vocational IT course for paraplegics and tards
>No A+ cert but MIGHT get soon
>Not white

What are the odds I can just get shoved into an entry level job based on diversity quotas? I really would like to know.

Attached: 1407261769269.jpg (768x768, 255K)

I just want a job that won't make me want to kill myself.

LARP

Stick with your job. There's only misery out there and you managed to find a job where you're happy... That's very rare.
All those wishes for grandeur are literally retsrded. You only just need a comfy stable job with reasonable income, the rest is poison.

explain how they were borderline mentally ill. some horror stories pls

>wife.SexPartners++;
i wish life was more of an ntrpg