Wikipedia blackout in Europe

Many European Wikipedia language versions have been blacked out to protest the new copyright laws in the EU. Will it work or is it crying wolf after they did before to protest SOPA?

Attached: wikiblackoutde.png (1241x545, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

article13.org/faq
data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-6637-2019-INIT/en/pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrality_(philosophy)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What am I supposed to see?

Attached: Untitled.png (1280x1410, 136K)

Supposed to see what was posted in the OP. Wikipedias known to be down are the German, Danish, Czech and Slovak versions.

>tfw Germany is BLACKED but Sweden is not

Attached: 1535113097494.png (1668x1555, 819K)

europfags should care more about article 6. from what i've heard it's a filter to prevent "terrorist" content.
has to be great to live in an area that wants political filters for the internet

>people browse wikipedia with js turned on
really? lmao

ridiculous, true - but what does it have to do with the topic of the thread? even if js is disabled, you'll get nothing else as an respond (would be even more ridiculous if wikipedia would have done something like that just with js lol)

This.
Article 15 only obliges service providers to have an IT team that's pretending to do something.
Basically it's fucking nothing.

Article 13*

>basically it's fucking nothing
it's not that easy. as a platform you'll have to remove the content within 1 hour or you can get fined multiple million € (which also are multiple million $).
imagine what team a platform like youtube would need in order to scan literally every upload for a copyright violation before it's getting uploaded.
so all companies will just use an ai and we all know how good this would work. also, where does this ai come from? some company will create it (my guess: google) and offer it for all the other platforms, which basically would enable this company to scan most of the uploads to any platform

>you'll have to remove the content within 1 hour or you can get fined multiple million €
Source please.
I read through some pages of the revised article a months back, and it only said that service providers shall give their "best efforts" to removing copyrighted stuff. No numbers, no precise deadlines, nothing concrete.
It further added that if service providers are not informed that they are hosting unlicensed material, they are not liable.

YouTube knowingly does it

on article13.org/faq they say:
"...As long as they [the hosts] follow the guidelines in making their best effort to remove content for which rights holders provided relevant information, then they are not liable."
if an upload filter would exists, you as a platform wouldn't use it and there is copyrighted content on your platform, you didn't do your best effort, hence you'd be liable.
Below they say: "All of the above obligations should take into account proportionality; in particular the size of the platform, the type of content it holds, the size of its audience and the costs involved."
most content that is uploaded by users is uploaded to some major platforms (counting Jow Forums into it because it would also be affected by this article). platforms like youtube are so big that mutli million $ are peanuts for a company like google (from the law enforcement point of view) so it would probably be seen as proportional (especially if you watch the huge sums european countries made the big tech concerns pay in the last few months)

On the other hand, the proposal also states that the used methods shall not make false positives, effectively ruling out the upload filter used by Youtube.
See data.consilium.europa.eu/doc/document/ST-6637-2019-INIT/en/pdf on page 67, point 5.
However, Youtube would get shat on because they require personal details from users when complaining about copyright infringements, which will probably be forbidden in the final version of the act, as suggested in the proceedings.

true, but note that the page i liked is made by people supporting it so it is not really neutral.
the things they say stay in conflict. you can't satisfy what they want from you unless you use an uploadfilter and you can't guarantee no false positives if you use one. this is one of the many dilemmas the people who initiated this don't see because they understand literally nothing about the internet

That is true.
I do believe that any company with a couple of lawyers will be able to justify the use of no content filters by citing the 5th point. In this interpretation, the act does effectively nothing.
Content producers will certainly take things to the court, and Youtube and others might adopt stricter guidelines to avoid this, but my point is that aggressive filtering is not actually mandated by the act, as many activists and now Wikimedia claim.

What a pussy move. Instead of doing something useful like mirroring on ipfs they go and do this shit.

because mirroring on ipfs gets the peoples attention and makes it into mainstream media

user is right tho

eufags should have cared about trade agreements with japan and canada. They open the way for business to take legal action in a PRIVATE court against countries if they wont meet their profit expectation.

The new EU articles are the best thing to happen in human history.

After they are in place I will NOT enable AI to make as much copyright infringement material as possible though altered as much that another AI cannot pick it up and mass upload it to U.S. services.

>everything posted here is fiction Mr. glow in the dark
This means even if this ever hypothetically happens it wasn't me.

>wikipedia would be excluded from the article
>they want you to believe that wikipedia will get censored

So why should I listen to these lying faggots again?

>wikipedia is only one to take radical steps toward issue
>even when it is excluded from article, still cares about its consequences

>So why should I listen to these lying faggots again?
Dont, you are already lost case, go and networ share out your system c: while you are at it, so they can check if you have any illegal content there.

>go and networ share out your system c: while you are at it, so they can check if you have any illegal content there.
windows already does that though

Lol, you seem to be mixing up a couple of things. Too much epic internet activism?

Also:
>wikipedia blackout
>still can use wikipedia via archive.org

So again, what's the point? Virtue signaling or just straight up lying?

>windows already does that though

Attached: aVlG9mZW_700w_0.jpg (574x505, 41K)

only intelligent person in this entire thread.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar.

When did the wikispergs become (our guys)?

I'm not ready for this timeline?

иди нaхyй

good.
get fucked commiepedia.

>many
>only the german one

The last time they did this with just JS, didn't even notice it because I had it blocked.

In my opinion, it's very much possible that Wikipedia pages about current news and people can be censored because those censor newspapers and the like. They are usually owned in majority by political parties these days, so if your party of choice is not known for popular decisions, they can just demand critical articles be taken down.

If you want to access the wiki nonetheless, disabling javascript might be a good idea. The mobile app works on my phone as well, but I'm not sure if it's because it's connected via Tor. Can't be bothered to check that now lol

Shouldn't Wikipedia be politically neutral?
Also fuck this. There are tons of people getting fucked over because they can't access Wikipedia and have no idea how to get around this.

That's the point of shutting down Wikipedia for 24 h, senpai.

with that they want to sustain neutrality of pages like wikipedia

German Wikipedia down
And nothing of value was lost
They've been undermined since a long time

The political neutral are the ones that get shut down second, after the political opposition. If it concerns you you can not be neutral.

>Shouldn't Wikipedia be politically neutral?
I also want to live in fantasy land but it's just not possible

Oh, you're supposed to allow scripts from wikimedia.org to see it. Well thank you fuck you bye.

Works if you change the language in english for now

>SOPA
Uma Delicia

> Neutrality is distinct (though not exclusive) from apathy, ignorance, indifference, doublethink, equality,[6] agreement, and objectivity.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrality_(philosophy)

Politically neutral only means a promise to not take sudes in unrelated people's political affairs. It does not mean you don't act if you are directly threatened in your own affairs.