+shift moved to caps/return
>It hurts to program

8: Colemak mod-dh separated
+ctrl moved to shift
+shift moved to caps/return
+`0123456789 replaced with ?![]"{}*/')(\
>Good luck trying to type on my computer, faggot

AMA

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-03-20 22-52-05.png (1301x415, 104K)

colemak on ergodox, never been happier

Why bother with this layout when we're not using those god awful mechanical typewriters that jam up when you mash two keys too quickly?

Alphabetical is the way to go.

1. QWERTY
> I know how to type!
2. Dvorak
> More ergonomic!
3. Colemak
> After 6 months learning Dvorak I can learn another way to type! Also, people say it is more ergonomic!
4. QWERTY
> Damn, was I a fool.

Qwerty because it's good enough and fucking everything uses it. 80WPM here.

Why are the French so retarded that they invented AZERTY and the Swiss with the almost as bad QWERTZ, it’s fucking stupid and ctrl + z doesn’t make sense anymore since the z is now so far from ctrl, French people were a mistake

>not realizing qwerty is alphabetical
look at your home row.

>typewriters
Yeah, the staggered grid is beyond retarded.

>I trust normies to make collectively good decisions on my behalf

Its worse than you think. Azerty is less efficent in french than qwerty.
I did a presentation on it, and honestly couldnt find a good answer as to why it was invented.

Attached: JuliaMaid.png (306x600, 70K)

Workman with custom symbol placement on an ortholinear split.

Attached: nuh8kgdfdg211.png (2043x663, 152K)

My keyboard has 6 layers, I don't ever need to leave the homerow. Pic related.

Attached: neo-druckvorlage.png (1000x355, 132K)

>Everything hurts?

Imagine being so full of onions that it physically hurts you to press keys.

Thats pretty good desu, but you need custom hardware.

>ctr on homerow
This doesnt make sense to me.
if you swapped it with shift, then you get these bigram finger rolls:
>ctr+z
>ctr+x
>ctr+v
>ctr+c
>ctr+a
and your pinky has to do way less stretching for the shift key, considering it is used way more often.

Jesus christ
But yes, layers are god.
I have 4. On my right hand, I hold down one modifier with my thumb, and are given vim style navigation; unbelievably useful.

>Thats pretty good desu, but you need custom hardware.
1 keyboard and it works on any existing OS.

>>ctr on homerow
>This doesnt make sense to me.
>if you swapped it with shift, then you get these bigram finger rolls:
I use Kakoune (Vi-like) for most of my text editing.
Therefore those shortcuts are unnecessary.
Plus, if I did so, Shifts would be asymmetrical.
>and your pinky has to do way less stretching for the shift key, considering it is used way more often.
It's a 40% keyboard, user.
I barely have to move anything, so that's not an issue

Because the French has this weird need to always be superior, they invented the word hospital, but because English people started using hospital as well they had to change their word to hôpital just to be special. That’s why I can’t trust French people

>Plus, if I did so, Shifts would be asymmetrical.
Move them both up. That quote can be put anywhere as long as it types well with an "s"

by the by, how is that space? I have been wanting to get a japanese keyboard for a thinkpad because it shrinks its spacebar and adds more keys to work with. Im just wondering if it will strain my thumbs at all?

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x333, 43K)

>Move them both up.
I think that will break my "\'|" for some time, but maybe I'll give it a shot.

>How's the space?
Pretty great, though I use 2 1u spaces.

For being so cramped, it still seems you got quite a bit of space left to work with in the middle there.

Ever thought of going to the legendary level, where modifier keys are given alternate functions when pressed by themselves?

Also, (looking to buy one eventually) any regrets for not getting one just one row bigger?

>For being so cramped, it still seems you got quite a bit of space left to work with in the middle there.
Nah, I can't comfortably move my index fingers to the center. (This might not be a case with the split, though. I have to try again.)

>Ever thought of going to the legendary level, where modifier keys are given alternate functions when pressed by themselves?
Can you provide an example of a function?
I have never used any modifiers by themselves.

>Also, (looking to buy one eventually) any regrets for not getting one just one row bigger?
Do you play games? If yes, get the ones with dedicated number raw.

>Can you provide an example of a function?
tapping capslock would perform a backspace. Holding backspace would activate the shift modifier.

>Nah, I can't comfortably move my index fingers to the center. (This might not be a case with the split, though. I have to try again.)
G and Y then should still be though...
The one last thing that would be nice to have, is a trackpoint.

Not sure if legit 200IQ thread or 80IQ pretending to look/sound smart thread

Attached: 1553143503369.webm (800x450, 2.11M)

>Hey user, can you help me do this thing on my computer?
>Wow user you're typing so much slower than usual, are you ok?

>Ok user, let me see what's going on
>WTF your keyboard is broken! duhvorack? Uh, sorry you're going to have to type this yourself and it'll take 3x longer to do this.

>Japanese keyboard
I use that exact keyboard on a daily basis, and I hate this fucking layout because the fucking punctuation is all wrong (though you can fix this to an extent in keyboard layout settings) and the keys are slightly shifted just enough to fuck up your touch typing muscle memory. US/international is the best layout.

>Colemak mod-dh
i have no idea what you're on about
it's the only sane anglo layout

is that cgp grey?

I think what you are look for is programmer dvorak

I think you should consider using different keyboard user.

just use qwerty retards

Getting a Maltron left handed today I'm stoked. It helps that I am left-handed but use the mouse with the right

>qwf
>queef
okay

Read this as

>>My entire self-worth is defined by the keyboard layout I use instead of the work I accomplish using said keyboard layout.

If you advocate for Alphabetical, unironically kys. There is no good reason for them to even be in that order.

I'm a novelist who barely programs and Dvorak is perfect for me. It's much cozier and relaxing than Qwerty and I can type for a few hours without getting hand cramps.
I've heard horror stories about people trying to program with it, and there are specific variants trying to address the numerous issues, but I'm not sure any of them succeed.

That being said, nothing about Dvorak clicked until I switched caps lock and backspace. I continually had to stretch my pinky to reach backspace when I would fuck up and now I don't need to move my hand at all. I highly recommend that anyone on any keyboard layout switch their caps lock and backspace keys, at least to try it. That change alone increased my typing speed by about 20wpm.
If you're on Windows and don't know how, just download Sharpkeys.