KDE Connect

Does Apple have anything that compares to this? It's much, much better than airdrop, and imho better than airdroid and other such apps.
I know you can install it on Gnome/Cinnamon/Mate/Unity
Probably other DE's also.
You can even compile it on Windows and most of the functionality is there. Once I started using it I can't stop using it. Turned my tablet into a wireless touchpad controller for my PC. Can control my stereo from my phone. Share clipboard data across multiple machines. Can literally copy paste links from a PC downstairs to the one hooked into the TV in the living room. How do you live without KDE Connect?

Attached: KDE Connect!.jpg (718x479, 25K)

>Does Apple have anything that can compare to this
No.

It doesn't work at my work wifi, so I didn't bother setting it up at home.
I like the idea of turning my phone into a numpad or touchpad though.

>It doesn't work at my work wifi, so I didn't bother setting it up at home.
Keep in mind that you have to have the same DNS as well, along with some ports opened if necessary.

Do you fags also experience the 'remote input' touchpad to be very laggy after a second of use?

>tfw KDE Connect is better than any Applel solution ever

KDE Connect, like many aspects of KDE, is a broken, buggy piece of crap. I've tried KDE multiple times because it has a lot of cool things going for it that turn out to not work and then the distro stops booting up after 2 weeks. I'll stick to XFCE.

tfw freetards create a better ecosystem than billion dollar applel

The one thing it's missing is the ability to stream your phone's screen onto desktop and control it.

It's not broken you idiot. I'm literally using it ON XFCE and it works fine.

You need 1714 and 1716 ports open afaik. I'm not sure if you actually need them open because it works on any network I go to with my laptop and phone.

>have to have the same DNS
Are you sure this is true? I don't see why you'd need this.

this kde connect only works 50% of the time. When trying to transfer files it always crashes. Using tablet/phone as a drawing pad is slow and buggy as fuck. Half of the time you need reconnect because the file browser crashed on desktop.

works perfectly on my machine :^)

It used to work perfectly for me a year ago. After some updates everything went to shit.

>need to install KDE

So how does this work exactly? The phone and desktop need to be on the same wifi?

I don't even bother with wifi on my phone since the data is cheap and fast.

>I shure love having the kdeconnect app running 24/7 on my phone.
It worked fine last time I tried it, but don't know if they couldn't adapt to Oreos doze or what, but its annoying af.
I'll stick to my cheapo BT keyboard

Wrong.

Rwong.

>I shure love having the kdeconnect app running 24/7 on my phone.
This. Something a simple exit button would fix.
Anyway, I have this installed on windows but I barely ever use it, so I force stop the app on my phone.

The "paid" version of Unified Remote is much much better for windows desu.

>have to have the same DNS
>Are you sure this is true? I don't see why you'd need this.
I mean, it's not difficult to change. But if I remember correctly either that was the issue or the ports needed to be opened.

not at all, there is surprisingly 0 perceivable delay for me

Fuck, it's my shitty stuff then. I'm talking about stuttering of mouse pointer specifically.

I only got that once when I used the remote input while transferring files between my phone and PC at the same time