An Ignorantfag here. Why is thinkpad such a big deal?

An Ignorantfag here. Why is thinkpad such a big deal?

Attached: 13413413.jpg (236x190, 9K)

Transexualism.

Dumbfag too. Maybe using the thinkpad general would be nice

See tpg, they explain

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

easy to find parts for it i guess

that only applies to north america afaik

Nothing particular. They are easy to disassemble and upgrade. Certain models can be 'libreboot' which replaces every bit of non-free software from the bios upward, but it's only a few models right now and requires quite a bit of effort.

Otherwise, they just have a generally good feel compared to most laptops. Also you can get them for less than 100 on ebay.

durability
nice keyboards
comfy trackpoints
easy to fix or upgrade

because of build quality older models are in good state and you can get them very cheap

i dont get the easy to fix meme, they're pretty annoying to take apart compared to latitudes/probooks, and parts for those arent any harder to get

t. work in computer repair

In the age of internet, online payments, global postage and ebay, no.

Aren't you in prison?

They're way better built than probooks you probably get less of them? My friend has a ProBook, it has crazy lid flex

They look cool, feel good, and last for the rest of your life
Anything from the last decade is still fully functional today
Tons of ways to upgrade

a very nice compatibility with free/open source software in general, even at bios level and a ton of mods too.

cheap used laptops still good for shitpostin'/anime watchin'
easily serviceable & upgradable even by dumbass Jow Forums posters
non-stock mods & parts to suit your aspie tastes
big community of dorks that already researched all this crap & will handhold through any stupid questions you got

Attached: mi.png (959x630, 68K)

antagonizes buypigs and shills pushing garbage $1k+ craptops
runs the guhnoo/loonix pretty good
pretend you're a kool hackkker or serious business man
muh keyboard layout
confuse & frustrate the kids with yer trackpoint

Attached: x201s.jpg (4032x3024, 2.07M)

I fell for the meme(i haven't bought a used/new computer in years and mainly use phone setup) and I don't see what the fuck is the big deal, PCs are so static, you have to sit in a chair for hours just to do basic shit going to offload this shit on ebay... now you know why these things are plentiful used

buying good from another country requires a fucking ship depending where you live, which raises costs to an absurd amount.

Nothing, and they have a horrible screen.

> PCs are so static, you have to sit in a chair for hours just to do basic shit
what bro? do you not program? are you switching to phone only? lol..

Because you don't need a $2000 macbook to shitpost on a basket weaving forum

>PCs are so static, you have to sit in a chair for hours just to do basic shit
This may surprise you to find, but in the real world, this is how useful work is done on computers. People don't use phones for anything important other than teleconferencing.

modern "phones" make great desktops, yes I actually do write most of my code on the "phone".
wrong, very wrong

They use a lot less of those cancer ZIF ribbons

The older models in particular (T4xx, X2xx) are popular because they can be found for dirt cheap on Ebay and NewEgg, can be easily upgraded/serviced by the end user, and are Linux/BSD ready out-of-the box. They are extremely durable and reliable, and many people also like the trackpoint mouse. I personally am using a T430 circa 2012, and with a relatively new SSD and some extra RAM it can hold its own against newer ultrabooks pretty well.

They are trash, don't buy them. We don't need more newfags inflating the price.

If we're being honest with ourselves, it's few benefits in comparison with other laptops are the ones that resonate with hyper autists. That inner ring of genuinely appreciative autists (ie Stallman) have influenced a cadre of wannabe freetards and people who find it /fa/ to have this ugly decade old box to put stickers of your text editor and operating system on so everyone can know exactly which pieces of Jow Forums approved software they currently have installed to replace any actual personality they might have otherwise.
Cap this and post in /tpg/.

there's more community experience and support with thinkpads, when people refer to easy to fix they refer to fixing it themselves

based guybrush tells the truth

u mad

They're hackable, so those of us who like to hack hardware like them. Those who like to think of themselves as cool hardware hackers also like them for the same reason.

Is there a thinkpad fan resource somewhere beside /tpg