Are portable amps a meme?

Are portable amps a meme?

Attached: .jpg (1200x901, 171K)

What are portable amps for anyway

Yeah, buy a hifi portable music player instead

portable means you can take it around with you

Snake oil just like their larger desktop cousins. Retards will continue to buy them though, and Stax headphones.

>paying that much money to listen to pleb tier bands

Is this /mu/?

Yes, why the fuck does it matter unless your driving some incredibly high resistant headphones, and those aren't portable.

Absolutely
Audiophiles are a fucking meme in general

Not if you actually know what's good and what's worth paying for.

Cost to quality ratio peaks at a certain point, after that all gains are absolutely minimal.

Yeah sure try to get your fostex headphones to output more than 2db nigger.
It's portable. It's blukier than normies headphones but it's still portable if you have your phone and a portable amp. It's useful if you want better quality to work in an office for example. You don't move much so you can use something bulkier but you can't just bring a full setup either.

>not joining the pmp master race
Why even listen music

will that shit boost up audio volume ?

If you don't buy a shitty amp yes.

any recommendation ? i want to use it on iphone x

I have the one in OPS pic, it actually works but battery last like 5 minutes

>using a portable amp
>using a portable amp with ath-m50s
>using a portable amp with ath-m50s to listen to metal

Attached: 1407104811378.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

>on a windows phone

you have shit taste
tenacious D is funny sometimes but they're far from metal. you realize those are acoustic guitars right? metal isnt the same acoustic.

How big are you willing to get ? What headphones are you going to use ? How much money are you willing to spend ?

yes the amplification and dac in a phone with a good one (not at 500$+ phone but a random android that decided to include a good one is more than enough quality considering you have background noise.

you should carry a phone with a good dac and a cassette walkmen with high ferric tape. that's optimal mobile setup not the weird taped together bomb looking things audiophiles carry around

and if you say background noise isn't a problem and doesn't make the high end stuff pointless because you use IEMs you will prob walk infront of a bus one day by mistake with ya IEMS so ya opinion doesn't matter

Yes

No

Maybe

depends on your headphones. my headphones couldn't get enough power from the 3.5mm jack and it completely washed out the bass. amp fixed it.

whats the max oms a good mobilephone inbuilt dac can do?

I have 60om headphones you think a phone exists that can power them like 45oms or so.. I might be happy with that.

having shit hanging off each other is annoying. some motherboards have 80om dacs that seem small but not sure if you can run them off a battery.

I don't mind buying some thing fat like that energizer phone if it has a good Dac. I just want one thing in my pocket not 3 things taped together and daisy chained.

oh ok awesome thanks user :D