Intel Build, Recommendations?

Don't wanna make another rate my build thread, but before shelling out around $1200 after about a decade out of the hobby, i'd like any and all criticism to guide and recommend me otherwise.

Mainly gaming / emulation machine, graphics card will be a 2070. Leaving clocks stock for as long as I can for futureproofing. Case is a Cosmos II

Attached: PC 2019.png (1021x1310, 286K)

>inb4 antisemitism

logicalincrements is a good site
i havent seen anyone buy non-stock cooler for years, any non reference card will be fine heat wise.
PSU seems overkill, youre not going for SLI are you?

I figure for the $500 investment a gpu/cpu is, i'd get the biggest air cooler I could possibly get with all the room in the case. Not fond of watercooling.

Only a single GPU, with how cheap the psu market is, I figure i'd have the headroom for longevity.

I Keep throwing motherboard ideas around because I don't think I need a $250 board, but again, headroom for overclocking and reliability.

>i havent seen anyone buy non-stock cooler for years

WTF, those little guys are noisy.

For the extra money you spend on an aftermarket cooler, you could just buy a higher-end AIB card that already has a big cooler.

What case?

Oops I missed the mention of Cosmos II. Why not go for the H500M if airflow/temps is your concern

>intel
making a mistake

>SATA m.2
Why?

>pozzed shill thread still up

Wtf?

Mofs?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bro hooked me up with a free case, and since it doesn't have a window I was able to cut back tremendously on anything with LED's

Why build a PC when Stadia is just around the corner?

twenty bucks cheaper than a regular 1tb ssd, less wires, ynawt

lol

Even the best cooler designs are still worse than what OP selected since they are restricted to 2-3 slots and a certain length. The AC Extreme can cool pretty much any card at nearly inaudible levels.

The VGA cooler is way too expensive since you selected an extremly outdated model, the never version (xtreme 4) sells for about 50€ in Europe. The 2070 can easily be cooled with the Arctic Twin Turbo II, which will save you quite a bit of money. and is also smaller - dont get the Twin Turbo III, the massive backplate cools worse than the previous solution and will guarantuee clearance issues with your CPU cooler.

Also that power supply is complete overkill, why would you chose a 750w model if your graphics card can only draw 225w?

Thank you very much for this clarification, i've been looking this up for hours trying to figure out the differences between them and have been stuck.

>Intel

the meme lives

Attached: 1534082206382.jpg (400x400, 19K)

>$410 for only a 8 core with 8 thread that will be defunct in just few months

Platinum rated single rail that's overkill, or a ~500w for $40 that just sounds spoopy?

Could shed $20 off for a 600w EVGA Gold, but why tho.

The current models are the Xtreme III and IV and the Twin Turbo II and III.

With the Xtreme IV and TT III they changed the cooling solution of the VRam and Mosfets from small aluminium heatsinks + thermal glue to a massive backplate cooler, which is easier to take off again but cools worse and takes up another slot (so you basically need 4 1/2 slots for the GPU). The best thermal solution is to buy some small copper heatsinks on ebay for a few bucks, use thermal paste and hot glue to fix them on the Mosfets (and maybe the VRam), then use the massive backplate to further improve temperatures.

Arguably this isnt needed for most modern cards, since the aluminium heatsinks alone are enough to cool mosfets to an acceptable temperature, even with heavy overvolting. The older versions (Xtreme 3 and Twin Turbo 2) are usually cheaper and "only" take up 3 slots (+ some breathing room).

Personally Im using a Twin Turbo 2 on a heavily overclocked RX580, which has about the same power consumption as the 2070. The fans are fixed to ~900 rpm at 7v and the card stays below 60°C during games and below 70°C during rendering and Furmark stress tests, mosfets stay at ~90°C during the latter.

I would have recommended the 550w model but its only 20$ less.

/pcbg/

That 9700K is not worth the money.

he wants it for gaming and emulation, currently amd sucks at both
zen 2 will probably fix it, but if op wants to buy a pc right now there's no point in getting amd

Don't listen to this guy OP, The 9700K is a great chip for emulation/gaming it beats the 9900K in some cases for raw frame rate plus you can comfortably overclock it to 5ghz or higher for excellent single thread performance.

1 IntelCoin has been deposited to your Jew account

But hows the performance after the 1000 and counting Meltdown and Spectre attacks?

I tested it myself and it's 2-5% difference. It's negligible.

He's trying to build a good system, Not a mediocre one.

This is one of the stupidests threads I've ever fucking seen.
First off, the fact that you suggest that you have made previous "Rate my build" threads is awful. There is a pc building general thread (/pcbg/) to keep idiots like you from making threads.
Secondly, if you've been "out of the hobby for a decade" - perhaps you should do a little more research before dropping $1200 on garbage.
>only a single gpu
Crossfire and SLI are dogshit nowadays. You would know this if you spent more than 30 seconds looking anywhere before making a list of parts.
>he wants it for gaming and emulation, currently amd sucks at both
Absolutely incorrect. A 6% difference isn't "sucks"
This is neither good nor mediocre, it's terrible.

~~
Your powersupply is insane for this build. You can probably get a ~$50 one.
Your motherboard does not need to cost $244.54 - there are no features on a board above ~$150 that you need, and in fact, I'd suggest getting a ~100 or less MB, especially if you're not going to overclock ("for a long time" i.e. you never fucking will)
Your CPU unironically cost more than a 2600/b350 board and RAM combined, for maybe 5-10% better frames in certain games.
I'm not going to lecture you on intel botnet rootkit security IME, or performance dips after security patches, or manipulated benchmark charts, or 0.1% and 1% minimums rather than "maximum" fps. All I'll say is that if you're buying intel at all, you shouldn't go any higher than a 9400f.
The ram is okay I guess.
Your SSD is retarded, better purchases exist around $80-90 that are still 1tb.
Your VGA cooler is overkill. At the point of buying a cooler like that you could get something better than a 2070, like a 1080ti or Radeon VII/2080.
Your CPU cooler performs not much better than a 212 evo, and again, if you get a 2600/2600x, it comes with a cooler.

Considering that you're keeping clocks stock, your chip is beaten by 2600x with PBR, let alone manually overclocked.

>Mainly gaming / emulation machine
I have a laptop from 2012 and I can emulate everything up through the GC/Wii/PS2.

My desktop has an i7-4770 and RX580 and can do PS3/WiiU with no issue.

What the fuck are you emulating that needs $1200 worth of hardware? Are there PS4/XB1 emulators now? lol. Even if you think you need a better PC for ps3 emulation its literally cheaper to just buy a ps3, mod it for free, throw a hard drive in it and download a shit ton of games onto it. Why would you ever bother with this shit?
What "new modern games" need a 2070 (Which is just a gtx 1080, 3 years later)

>14nm+++++++++++++++++
>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>Heat doesn't matter!
>1771w cooler doesn't matter!
>Server space doesn't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>Free RAID doesn't matter!
>NVMe RAID doesn't matter!
>StoreMI doesn't matter!
>IPC doesn't matter!
>7nm doesn't matter!
>HEDT doesn't matter!
>Stock coolers don't matter!
>Security doesn't matter!
>Games don't ALWAYS matter!
>Enterprise doesn't matter!
>Hyperthreading doesn't matter!
>VMware doesn't matter!
>MySQL doesn't matter!
>Unix doesn't matter!
>Linux doesn't matter!
>Waffer yields don't matter!
>Benchmarks after full patches don't matter!
>Asian markets don't matter!
>Own fabrics don't matter!
>Chipset lithography doesn't matter!
>Cray doesn't matter!
>Cisco doesn't matter!
>HPE doesn't matter!
>AZURE doesn't matter!
>5nm doesn't matter!
>TDP doesn't matter!
>10nm doesn't matter!
>Cache doesn't matter!
>IGPU doesn't matter!
>PCI-Express 4.0 doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Amazon sales don't matter!
>*NEW* Prime95 AVX doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Custom Foundry Business doesn't matter!

Found the AMD shill, ryzen fucking blows for single threaded tasks, you're defending your favorite brand of sand because you were to poor to get the best of the best. Don't poison people with your bad decisions.

>shitel
A socket a year keeps the goyim in fear.

>ryzen fucking blows for single threaded tasks
yeah, so you're not gonna get 240fps in starcraft 2, or other games from 10 years ago - that makes it a bad chip?
and honestly i don't "Defend brands" i try to help retards like OP from wasting money
i even said buy a 9400f if you're going intel. if i was a shill i'd say dont buy intel at all. nigger.
the "Best of the best" is a 2990WX or XeonW3175-X or a Power9 or some shit - do you have the "Best of the best" with your i5? didn't think so faggot.
go poison *yourself*
ryzen first gen was a little bit behind the 8700k. ryzen second gen beats it with proper ram (Which none of your benchmark sites use). if ryzen 2000 series "fucking blows for single threaded tasks" so does every intel processor from the past 20 years except for the 9000 series.
for what OP was saying i have no idea what he wants - "gaming and emulating"
I have an i5-4460 and a phenom IIx4 965 BE, both of them can do 1080p/60 with no issue, and plenty of games run fine at 1080p/144 on the i5, with a fucking GTX 1060. I have no reason to upgrade, I can play tons of games i don't care about at 144hz/144fps (r6s, ow, qc, csgo, whatever), and emulation is not a problem on anything except for ps3, and even then, i was able to play through demons souls at 30fps (just like it was on ps3), with much better texture detail and resolution than it had on ps3. bottom line is unless you have a 1080ti or better, your GPU will be the bottleneck anyway in most cases, and if you're at any resolution higher than 1080p, the performance is similar (look at 1440p and 4k benchmarks, 2700x and 9700k have negligible differences)

also all these benchmarks are done when thats the ONLY thing going on on the pc...knowing faggots like OP, he's probably watching a stream on 2nd monitor, youtube open, discord open, voice chat with other zoomer /v/irgins, 50 tabs of Jow Forums open, music player, and downloading torrents, in which case an 8c/16t will perform much better than 6c/6t.

Highly recommend pentium 4 with netburst
I can play quake 3 on it at 90fps!

I have the best of the best for what i do on my rig, You're not hurting my feelings lol.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1006x590, 211K)

Attached: 1551867439199.png (396x408, 165K)

>Leaving clocks stock for as long as I can for futureproofing.
I don't think you understand how this works, higher performance makes your system last longer, not the other way around.

Attached: lol2.jpg (1644x795, 376K)

>I have the best of the best for what i do on my rig, You're not hurting my feelings lol.

1080 Ti GIGABYTE
WINDOWS 10
17 16 16 41 timings
850 Samsung

LOOOL

playing fortnite at 720p

lol literally seething.

Stop buying Jew-tel and buy AMD

There's literally nothing wrong with that build shill.

You need to go back

What's wrong with those timings at 3866mhz ram?

AMD has better IPC than skylake-x.
Frequency is the only thing holding them back. Zen2 is coming in 3 months and will beat your build and drive the price down on the parts you are buying. You waited 10 years. You can wait another 3 months.

Yeah....no it doesn't. Where do you people get your information from?

Attached: untitled-14.png (674x800, 53K)

>Gigayike

>NH-D15 performs not much better than a 212 evo

I hope you are joking.

>Intel build

Attached: brainlet12.png (586x557, 66K)

Intel is based

Attached: enfpkcbhahaaaanc.png (783x587, 46K)

Intel bro

Attached: i9.jpg (396x396, 56K)

Woops wrong one.

Attached: haha.jpg (925x921, 287K)

Based

Attached: Lmaooo.jpg (653x800, 89K)