So many onions-eating pc mustard ricers are mad that they overpaid for their hardware

So many onions-eating pc mustard ricers are mad that they overpaid for their hardware.

Google will, in one move, destroy Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Nvidia, ISPs, Newegg, (potentially) Intel if they end up using AMD CPUs.

If there's an actual game changer, it will be Stadia. Pun intended obviously.

Get ready for the future, or get left behind.

Attached: dcx_doc74jweetr6y0ju5pce43.jpg (620x413, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesradar.com/google-stadia-hands-on/
vg247.com/2019/03/20/google-stadia-latency-assassins-creed-odyssey-tests/
techcrunch.com/2019/03/20/what-latency-feels-like-on-googles-stadia-cloud-gaming-platform/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_cs=D5n9T5WJYtQq6tX0OKqC-w
killedbygoogle.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=WktA9MQyAi0
youtube.com/watch?v=lP1M_-r6DmQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>3 seconds of input lag
>horrifyingly bad netflix compression
>pay money to use something but never own it
>thinking people will actually buy this
>thinking this is the future

You said the same about Netflix and Spotify but look where they are now

We said the same about OnLive

I don't think anything can destroy Microsoft. even their own shitty products couldn't do it

Because music and movies are not real time moron. Google can't beat the speed of light, processing latency, and ISP greed, not even with all the money in the world.

>thing that no one asked for and that solves no problem is going to make everything obsolete

the only thing fucking up the game industry right now is that most games are trash which is a direct result of anti-white male "diversity". google being in charge of games is unironically going to make the problem worse

Attached: 1551287521091.png (2000x1955, 328K)

oh i thought you were talking shit about netflix. it makes no money and produces nothing if value. how is that a win? their only goal and Avenue to success is to create a monopoly, in the end that may make them money but its not like thats a good thing for consumers

Steam is already the netflix of games. Wtf is the point of streaming when a shitty phone has enough horsepower to run pretty decent graphics? This is chromebook all over again. The idea of doing everything over the web, for the worst conceivable application. It just makes no sense, in an age where computing power is the cheapest of all resources, to delegate it. If your CPU is your car, the internet is public transport.

yes it'll be amazing for only $49.95 a month subscription service + in game purchase not to mention all the over charging from ISPs for the immense end user bandwidth

I like the idea, but I don't think it will fully remove consoles and PCs. It's a nice addition

People are retarded, so none of this matters if they market it well

This, honestly. I'm 30 and pretty much stopped playing games because they all suck.

its mostly only AAA game companies. for instance i have a backlog of just 40k and warhammer fantasy games to play along with stuff like kingdom come, valkyria cronicles 4, heats of iron, endless space, etc

stadia will be 100ms
consoles are 80ms (mostly due to vsync)
PC are 25ms if you playing at like 300+fps or 50ms for most normal use.

if you care about 50ms use a PC over stadia if you don't don't. 50ms is 1/20th of a second.

another thing to consider is as stadia rolls out even if you live in a isolated place where nearest server ping is 40-60ms stadia will actually help you as the server will be at the stadia server in that situation if you usually play on 40-60ms servers stadia could actually be faster than ya PC.

but ya...

and yes edge nodes and stadia servers will exist in semi isoluated but wealthy places eventually talking like Australia/rich parts of EU/middle east/india/Russia/HK/japan for them stadia could honestly be faster than PC gaming even thou they isolated as stadia will improve server situation.

but ya if you live in NA/EU and only play at sub say 30ms ping keep ya PC

if you a console pleb it will feel the same as vsync is terrible but forced on all consoles so ya you should use stadia if its prices are same as steam/ps4 games which it probably will be.

PS5/xbox4 might use adaptive sync not vsync that could make stadia shit but honestly PS5 might not even come out now. google is at E3 but sony isn't.

if you play on PC in a densely populated area ignore it.

for wealthy isolated places otherwise it will be similar lag once it gets rolled out to you.

also please for the love of god don't make this make mobile gaming a thing

based and redpilled truth.

>PC are 25ms if you playing at like 300+fps or 50ms for most normal use.
You fucking wot?

go watch a battle(non)sense video get educated and come back. im talking about response time of game engine not what ping ya deathmatch server has.

go learn its a good yt channel

>all the same things are true with netflix
>it's still the most popular and drives everyone else out of business

I watch battlenonsense nigger

HIRO GET DOWN

then you don't comprehend

stadia is 100ms from controller in ya house to server to game back to you.

regardless what I said is true if you mostly play on servers with 1-30ping atm stadia will make games like 1/20th of a second slower NOT 3 seconds.

if you live in isolated place and you mostly game on 70-100ms servers and you live in a wealthy place that will get stadia eventually it will actually be faster than a PC.

if you a console player stadia will not feel like more lag and only feel 10-20ms slower UNLESS consoles switch from vsync (which is 80ms) to adaptive sync (0ms) soon.

basically PC will still be king in populated areas and ironically the US/UK/westEU its rolling out in first is the place it will feel the biggest downgrade for PC yet its obviously targeting console plebs as PS5 was literally canceled because of this announcement leaking to sony.

and when I say game on servers I mean the ping of servers in counterstrike/battlefield that you regularly play on atm. don't get confused don't be a scrub

I still download music and other media despite the existence of things like spotify. They do not provide the content I want in the way that I want. Stadia is irrelevant to me. If people like it and want to use it, that's fine. I don't care.

the vidya I play sometimes has to route to servers that are at around 400 miles from me and I get sub 50ms ping
granted the client does some of the lifting, but with decnt bandwith and hardware on the datacenter, I could see it as an alternative, particularly on a sub $150 market, and that wouldnt be super far fetched since it would be a cheap plastic box that just connects your controller to the server and processes a bit of data here and there

You know that if they reach an agreement with Steam and some other game site like GOG for streamplay then hardware piss-e gaymeng is dead.

OnLive didn't have google's backing / money / data centers.
And they work for sony PSNow now anyway.

Is Google going to revive Google Fiber and start laying gigabit fiber pipes to houses?
That would be the only way to make this feasible, unless you're OK with massive input latency due to severe compression.

With some light compression, you can fit a 1080p 60fps signal down a 1 gigabit pipe with relative ease.
You absolutely cannot do the same on a 50 Mpbs Cable or VDSL connection, which is what most of the world is using. Are they just going to try to cut the resolution down to 720p and still feed it though some super-powerful encoder? How is the input lag going to be dealt with when you have to encode and compress a stream?

On a side note, if this thing does manage to take off, ISPs are going to be buttblasted because they've oversold their networks like 20:1, so everyone demanding the full capacity of their port is going to cause some real pain.

5G is 1ms lag cables are old tech

on live literally had 10-20x as worse lag as Stadia did and the benchmarks at the event was not faked the server was a Texas

they are not comparable at all googles actually using their infrastructure its not as simple as just setting up a server and connecting it to the internet google can do QOS shit because they mega corp.

Just a reminder that steam basically killed physical PC releases and now google will attempt to kill every physical game release.

I acknowledge it's the future, doesn't mean I'm happy about it

>internet goes down no games
>enjoy the input lag
>anyone with a better connection to google than you wins at competitive online games
>capped at 60fps at certain resolutions unless google decides to update their hardware for you
>what mods?
>capped internet? sucks to be you.
>yea computers are useless unless you're gaymin
kys op.

>Plays video games
>Used Reddit spacing
Checks out
Now go fuck off and go back to where you came from.

You're having to much faith in people, user.
Reminder that 75% of the video game market is braindead mobile + console games.
The gaming botnet terminal@home is coming and you can't stop it. Game as a service leads to gaming as a service.

google will force game developers to use a lag compensation system to even the playing field, so nobody will have an advantage in competitive multiplayer games. won't matter how expensive your rig is when you're forced to play at the same latency as somebody on a $50 amazon tablet.

Netflix videos are non-interactive, cinematic, and run at 24 frames per second, so network lag is irrelevant, compression is far less noticeable, and significantly less bandwidth is required.

Still, with decent infrastructure I can see it working.

>reading and writing is the same thing
Fucking nu-shitz.

lag compensation isn't magic, lag compensation already exists in current games, and they usually give people with higher pings an advantage

NAISU BAITSU!

Attached: 1543630494094.jpg (333x333, 17K)

Stadia is doomed to fail from the fiscal side. It is just Google's latest attempt on throwing "cloud computing meme" shit onto the wall to see if it sticks.

They grossly underestimate the operational and hardware costs with any significant demand. You thought that service with MMORPGs servers at peak hours is bad? You haven't seen nothing yet.

The connection type require plus the subscription need to keep the service solvent puts this outside of the reach of normies/kiddie gamers.

why the fuck are there so many redditors in this thread?

Play Slay the Spire and Card Quest.

Spotify bleeds money and the big 6 Will crush Netflix

streaming fucking cancer dude. i dont see any appeal of subscription services when they can take it away at any time you want and your left with nothing

>HBO GO
>Hulu
>Amazon Prime
>Disney streaming service
>DC streaming service
>Crunchyroll

Why are there so many google shills on here?
Oh yeah, discord trannies.

ITT: we pretend Onlive didnt exist(and fail)

You're a dumb fucking nigger who doesn't understand what "reddit spacing" is.

Attached: 1546376904880.jpg (620x413, 41K)

You all know that Google will have the best AI for strategy games, right? You also know Stadia will be feeding AI massive amounts of data, which means that gaming will actually be the reason we advance to the next level of technology.

Don't you want to be part of that? This is alot bigger than you think.

Fuck off jew. Jewgle can shove all their game services up their ass. I run games on my computer the way I want.

I hear you. I mostly play indie titles as they still have some life in them. They're mostly not the money sucking time sinks you see these days.

nobody cares about good AI for strategy games

good AI in games =/= intelligent AI

Everything you posted is untrue. Journalists have tried it off site and say it’s input lag is comparable to a console. You are just a jealous connectionlet.

>In terms of controller response though, AC Odyssey on Stadia feels very close to a local experience - timing-sensitive moves like parrying are achieved with no problem whatsoever - and that brings us on to another latency element. We tested using the Pixelbook's keyboard, while Google says that its controller's direct WiFi link to the server delivers further latency

>....they’re close to what players get using an Xbox One X with an OLED TV today. ... the experience of playing Odyssey felt comparable to native consoles.

>...Alright, so Assassin's Creed Odyssey had passed a quick test - but surely Doom's frenetic, first-person bloodbath would feel off while streaming down from the cloud. Nope. Playing on a wired mouse and keyboard, I was shocked once again by how buttery-smooth everything looked and felt. The supremely violent Glory Kill animations, as you rip demon skulls apart and pulverize hellspawn with your fists, never missed a beat in between shotgun blasts. This Stadia demo included the ability to emulate different degrees of stream connectivity, including "Excellent," "Degraded," and "Severe." I was playing with an Excellent connection, but even when watching over the shoulders of folks who were playing under Severe conditions, they seemed completely unfazed.

gamesradar.com/google-stadia-hands-on/

vg247.com/2019/03/20/google-stadia-latency-assassins-creed-odyssey-tests/

techcrunch.com/2019/03/20/what-latency-feels-like-on-googles-stadia-cloud-gaming-platform/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_cs=D5n9T5WJYtQq6tX0OKqC-w

If I had to stream games I'd be jealous of people who could play them on their own computers

Why? People with Netflix aren’t jealous of people with VHS players.

Because they could play games with no input lag or video artifacting

I, for one, welcome the death of google by its own hands

But the input lag has been shown to be console comparative and artifacting won’t be a problem unless you have third world internet.

>input lag is comparable to a console
so it's competing with the console market
what does that have to do with PC gaming?

What does this offer that other game streaming services don't?

sending your inputs through the network is always going to be slower than sending them straight to your computer, obviously
and you are going to have video artifacts, they're not sending you uncompressed video

Amazing, already existing infrastructure and a company with more money than god and an expertise in streaming backing it.

So, nothing, right?

It’s the future.

doesn't sound like it

google shills getting desperate

>Lag in both multiplayer AND singleplayer
>Youtube-like compression
>Always online, cable speeds or better basically a requirement
>Renting games
It's shit.

Attached: 1406492934841.jpg (1280x848, 68K)

Ha! He bought the bullshit!
GOOD GOY!!!

> Download a 20 gigabyte file and be ready to play doesn't count against data cap after that.
> Stream 200 gigs of video every time you want to play a game, lags, can't mod, shit out of luck if internet is down.

Yes, friend, smartphone gaming is the future!

>journalists have tried it off site and say it’s input lag is comparable to a console
then the experimented player can feel the input lag
also you hav no proof they weren't using a better, faster and nearer server than whatever they will be using at launch
>....they’re close to what players get using an Xbox One X with an OLED TV today. ... the experience of playing Odyssey felt comparable to native consoles.
then it's trash.
60 fps is not the targeted framerate, it's the absolute minimum in 2019.
and the trained eye CAN and WILL spot the difference.

Also you shouldn't trust tech (((journalists))), they're consumers just like you and happen to know how to write with a keyboard, they, in 99.9999% cases, have no clue about what they're talking about.
Put a new shiny toys in the hands of braindead fanboys and enjoy the good reviews.
Press kits also exist for this reasons.

> Download a 20 gigabyte file and be ready to play doesn't count against data cap after that.
first worlders don't have data cap

- stadia will only work in selected markets vs buy the game on gog/steam/etc and play it wherever you want, even with no internet connection
- yet another form of drm, no mods
- paying monthly to play
- delay up the ass
- kills your data caps (if american)
- publisher pulls out of stadia? your game is gone
- google wasn't able to maintain a stable stream of the conference, do you want to play your games like this? pic related

Attached: 1553015991468.png (878x551, 485K)

killedbygoogle.com/

SOON

I don't really care one way or another, but the tears would be hilarious if this is what came to pass and provide far more entertainment than any "AAA" title will for the next forty years.

bring tons of games to native linux + vulkan then kill the service
good plan imo

I'm on Comcast capped to 1tb and would have to pay 10 bucks for every 50 gigs after that.

Att has the same cap.

But like you said us is not a first world country.

literally me
[spoiler]ironically, the most fun i had with a new game last year was Subnautica - mostly cuz the inclusive narrative never was the focus of the gameplay and no lethal projectile weapons just made the survival feel more intense... Can't say i've any enthusiasm for the expansion, though[/spoiler]

Stadia is just another snake oil google product that they'll quietly discontinue in 3-5 years and then pretend like it never existed.

>kills your data caps (if american)
It uses like 20 GB an hour. The overwhelming majority of residential ISPs simply don't have the capacity to handle this. Euro and Asian ISPs will either block it using some protectionist legal wrangling or simply stop being profitable.

this thread?
again?!?!?!

what's wrong OP, your last thread epically backfired, let's recap:

-shitty american ISPs with bandwidth caps
-google bad
-latency issues
-privacy
-cloud is for retards
-OP is a fag

"literally" and "ironically" used in the same post!

please collect your retarded kid trophy and don't forget to use "cuck" next time

what the fuck are you even banging on about?
both replies were addressing different posts and both words were to describe my point.

Shove those awards up your ass and wiggle your way back from here (unironically)

Your circle (and ideas) are wrong.
The actually diverse people do nothing but enjoy the gibes they're given, because they're humans and humans enjoy gibes.
Who's pushing all the shit are white people in a literal religion that makes em feel guilty for being born the wrong evil color.

stadia is literally better in isolated places than populated ones and might be its only use case IF google puts servers in thous isolated places which they might do if they wealthy enough.

im talking about places with high server pings but wealthy population. like middle east/Australia/japan

these places are where stadia will be best places with high density but low ping is the worst place for it.

this does rely on them putting stadia servers in AUS/JPN/DUBIA but I think they will eventually in like 2-3years.

the reason for this is stadia will host its own game servers as well as streaming servers at same location. and if stadia means more closer servers in these locations that's better than connecting to Hong kong or Greece or china/na or what ever from japan.

I might get stadia hey im already making plans to not invest too much in GPU hardware and just get some thing that will last 3years.

>high latency will be better for it
You're literally pants on head retarded.

>wealthy population.
wealthy populations are usually wealthy enough to afford owning their own hardware, so no

correct.

you literally forgot to use cuck unironically

no participation trophy for you

So you want to give retarded judges the power to erase games from existence, right?
During the whole history of gaming, retarded boomer judges demanded games to be erased, but it was impossible because you always could stash a copy.
Now with stadia, any exclusive game for the system will only exist on the google servers, so the retarded judges WILL be able to erase those, with ease.

So, something something you're a nazi book burner.

Don't forget - 4:2:0
Get ready for the worst fidelity you've ever seen.

fuck off, shitposting cunt

>Netflix video quality
>200 ms ping
>Need internet

No thanks

you don't get it its not to do with hardware

its if you live in a place where closes GAME SERVER not streaming server but just server you would play in now for CSGO/battlefield is 70ms+

if you live in such a place streaming will actually have LESS LAG than using a PC because the streaming server will host the server at its location.

for highpinger players if stadia comes CLOSE to them because they are a wealthy valuable market like Australia/japan/oilbaron middle east then it will be faster than PC

Stadia is 100ms and consoles already run at 80ms because of Vsync for consoles stadia will feel the same lag not worse and it will create no noise or heat beside TV wealthy people will adopt it first.

for PC if you play at like under 50ms you should keep using real hardware if you play at 50ms+ stadia might be a good choice.

you just sad you brought a i9 and 2080ti and ps4pro probably sucks 2 be you. PS5 was literally canceled because of stadia beta test last year.

Hi and goodbye.
youtube.com/watch?v=WktA9MQyAi0
youtube.com/watch?v=lP1M_-r6DmQ

that's barely noticeable
99.9% of people are okay with that

Attached: stock-photo-teenager-girl-woman-female-portrait-freckles-face-isolated-on-white-520250098.jpg (1500x1131, 452K)

You're a massive dumbcunt.
Even if you're playing an online game (most people aren't) the latency between your client and your peers only counts for their movements, not yours.
Now everything will be 200+ ms making the game feel like you're having a stroke.